Now that Amelia and I are away from each other bedtime has become a crazy experience.
Amelia comes home at 5:30pm exhausted. She also misses us so we give her our undivided attention but there’s only so much you can do in two hours before she crashes at 7:30pm. The problem is she doesn’t want to let her body fall asleep at her usual bedtime because she wants to spend more time with us. So instead of falling asleep when her eyelids start to close she starts screaming at us stating that she isn’t tired!
We’ve tried to let her sleep with us but no one was happy. I am hoping she grows out of this and gets used to being away from us for a whole day because it is driving me crazy.
Here are Amelia’s Stay Awake Techniques
– Continual Demands more stuffed animals and when she runs out of things to ask for she screams, “I want something”.
– When I don’t give her what she wants she stops calling me mommy and starts scramming “SHANNON”
– Asks questions with no answers like, “IS there a planet in outer space ruled by babies?”
– Makes a mad dash for it and tries to leave the apartment
– When these methods don’t work she starts screaming, “Good Morning. It’s morning time.” Then she tries to brush her teeth and get dressed and refuses to believe me when I say it’s actually night time.
What do your kids do to try to escape the dreaded bedtime?