Update on CCNY

So I haven’t blogged about this because it’s really hard to talk about but in case you were wondering why the tweets and Facebook posts of about our comedy club have stopped here’s the reason…

elsa-how-to-cope
On Mother’s Day, after just 6 weeks of operating our landlord locked us out of our club and would hire security to stop us from conducting business. We were shocked. It’s hard to even write about it because I feel like I am still processing it all.

At times like these it’s tempting to want to give up or disappear, but then I think about how whenever my daughter falls I tell her it’s no big deal and urge it to get right back up. What kind of example would I be setting if I didn’t follow my own advice? So, now we are starting the process over and looking to reopen The Comedians’ Club.

We have also taken legal action against our landlord. This was a difficult decision. It’s not fun for anyone to be involved in a lawsuit but the same week this happened my daughter was having trouble speaking up for herself in school. I wrote a letter to her teacher about it saying she needed to help my daughter learn to stand up for herself. Then it hit me that the only way my daughter would learn to really stand up for herself is if she grew up watching her parents stand up for themselves. So here we are standing up for ourselves.

You guys have always been so supportive of me which I truly appreciate. You will never understand how helpful this blog has been for me. I know my family will get through this and I can’t wait to reopen the comedy club so I can share it with you.

xox
The Haberlands

Tags: , , , ,

7 Responses to “Update on CCNY”

1. storywrtr May 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM #

I hope the issue gets resolved soon. How horrible! I am so sorry. When this is over and you guys come out on the other side, you’ll be stronger and better for it. I have faith. Lots of prayers and hugs for your family.

2. Jen May 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM #

So sorry! I hope this situation will be resolved quickly and CCNY is back in business! Amelia has great role models!

3. Karen May 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM #

That is horrible! I hope it gets resolved quickly for you guys!

4. snarkysarcasticbish May 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM #

OH honey, I am so very sorry about this. I hope that it resolves itself the right way and all works out for the best. Take care and know that I am here if u need to talk at any time.

5. star71 May 29, 2014 at 3:56 PM #

OMG!!!
    I can only imagine what you’re going through to not only have some jerk try and take away you and your husbands dream and your families livelihood…. BUT then to find out your daughter is having a hard time standing up for herself, that would be enough to make most families, moms, crumble… You are one strong woman Shannon and I have no doubts that you and your family will get through this!!!
    You have a great support system not only here, but I’m sure there too as well.
    Hugs to you and A as well!!!

6. missquee May 29, 2014 at 4:40 PM #

I only got one question to the landlord : Why ? Why he did that so suddenly ? If you guys respected the place and paid the “rent” he got no reason at all to do that. Really sorry for both of you. Keep your head up, they’re no easy way to hapiness! God (or whoever you want!) never send us more that we can’t take! He must think that you are a superwoman of some sort!

7. Jess May 30, 2014 at 2:16 PM #

Why the hell would he do that? Knowing the experience you guys have, and the fact that you seem to be a wonderful family. I can’t imagine there was any cause to do this. I hope it gets resolved fast and the club is open and running again soon!