BALLOON INFLATION

macys-thanksgiving-parade-star I can’t express how fun it was to go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon inflation. If you ever have a chance to do this… DO SO! You don’t have to wake up early, you can bring your dog, and it’s just cool.

it is a very crowded event but we didn’t mind. My one suggestion is to not bring a stroller. The crowd makes it impossible for kids to see the balloons unless they sit on your shoulders so I ended up pushing a stroller while balancing a kid on my head… fun.

macys-thanksgiving-parade-hello-kitty

Hello Kitty

I am not a big fan of Hello Kitty but this was by far my favorite balloon.

macys-thanksgiving-parade-charlie-brown

Charlie Brown and Kermit’s Butt

At first, Princess A didn’t know what to think of all this. She would smile but then start to cry.

macys-thanksgiving-parade-mickey-mouse

Hit Dog!

But when she saw Mickey Mouse she screamed “WOAH” and did a happy dance on my head.

macys-thanksgiving-parade-papa-smurf

Papa Smurf

I also enjoyed Papa Smurf.

I am so glad we did this and even happier that Princess A got to share this experience with her cousins!!! Maybe next year we will wake up early to see the parade!

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “BALLOON INFLATION”

1. clochette191 November 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM #

the balloons were amazing !! Where did they go ? It’s beautiful to see : princess A should be fascinated.

• Shannon November 28, 2012 at 8:13 PM #

They were for the Thanksgiving parade!

2. Melissa November 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM #

How incredible! I know that things like yards and stuff are nice for kids, but I have to say that Princess A lives in the greatest place for kids ever! Parks with hippos or bears, Macy’s parade and bouncy castles around the corner! Who wouldn’t love to be a kid there?

• Shannon November 28, 2012 at 8:13 PM #

I agree… please tell my husband this. lol I love that she is growing up in new York but my husband always wishes we had a house.

3. Melody November 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM #

I love the Hello Kitty balloon! Yes, I am a grown woman who likes Hello Kitty but not to the extent of having to have everything with her on it lol. Even I know it can get gaudy. Amy likes her too though. Then again, she likes cats in general.

• Shannon November 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM #

At least you don’t wear it in excess. The main reason I don’t like Hello Kitty is because of people like Mariah Carey who wear it from head to toe.

• Melody November 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM #

The funny thing is that I was going to use her as an example lol.

4. Karen Dent November 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM #

I agree with Melissa! How awesome for Princess A to have all these experiences! I think it is great that you take advantage of what your city has to offer. Some people live in a city their whole lives and never take the time to enjoy it. I grew up 3 hours from Toronto and had not been to the CN Tower until a few years ago, yet I had been up the Eiffel Tower when I was 17.
    Those balloons are amazing! Are they different each year or do they add new ones?

• Shannon November 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM #

Each year they add one new one and retire an old one. It’s a big deal to get a balloon and companies fight real hard for it.

5. snarkysarcasticbish November 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM #

I love this post. She is just freaking awesome and I am glad that she gets to have this experience.

6. charlene lassiter November 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM #

I am constantly amazed at all the things you find to do with Amelia in the city! Every day in Central Park is different.

7. Mandy November 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM #

Living in big cities definitely has it perks. Our home base is DC… so many free things to do and see museum wise. I can’t wait to move back. Good for you for going out and finding cool things. I loved the hippo park by the way. One of my goals is that when we live back on the east coast (and not in the middle east/Turkey) I want to take the girls to NYC to play and see things around Thanksgiving/Christmas.

• Shannon November 29, 2012 at 3:07 PM #

I love NYC but it is the most fun in the fall and Christmas time so you should definitely bring your kids here!