STOP THE H8TE

croc_shoes_can_be_worn_on_any_occasion I am very opinionated and say a ton of provocative things to prove my points. I have also posted pictures of pregnant nuns smoking and the President of the United States as Cher from Clueless. It’s safe to say I have a ton of ammunition for people who don’t agree with me. I also love pinterest. Many of my images get repinned but sometimes they get repinned to hate boards that make fun of my images.

This has been happening much more frequently. I get emails everytime someone repins something from my board and enjoy checking what boards they get pinned to. So what is my most repinned image? My most scandalous image? My most hate provoking image?

mickey-mouse-crocs

Hate me now?

The answer to all of three of those questions is a pair of Mickey Mouse toddler crocs. Yes, crocs!

The funniest part is they usually get pinned to boards about fashion “Nos” next to “mom jeans” and fanny packs. I get it crocs aren’t the most fashion forward fashion choice but these are baby Mickey Mouse crocs. No baby shoes are ugly enough to get made fun of by grown women. Oh and…. LEAVE MICKEY ALONE.

I wish I had enough time to hate on baby shoes. It has taken my 3 months to find the time to write about other people having so much free time they make fun of toddler fashion. But if you find yourself drinking wine alone while obsessively repinning and mocking a 2 year old’s shoe choices you need to look at your priorities.

I could see if someone wore Crocs to the Academy Awards how that MIGHT warrant your attention but there should be a rule that you can’t make fun of someone’s fashion choices until they turn 18. It’s only fair… I mean I used to think blue lipstick and blue mascara was cool. I looked like I was dieing of hypothermia. I made so many choices that are far worse than wearing Crocs.

More importantly, Crocs are a functional and comfortable footwear choice for kids. Princess A refused to wear any shoes until I bought her a pair of Crocs. In New York City, many of the playgrounds have sprinklers. Traditional Flip-Flops always fall off my daughter’s feet and who wants to walk around in wet sneakers? That’s why I love Crocs… my daughter can play in the sprinklers and then walk home comfortably. So back off haters!

I am not really upset about this. You won’t find me crying, drunk in the shower, and muttering CROCS. But I find it very entertaining to think about what kind of people spend their Saturdays alone making fun of children’s fashion.

I wonder how many hate repins this will get?

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “STOP THE H8TE”

1. Melody November 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM #

Those crocs are adorable! I don’t get why anyone would make fun of baby or children’s clothes either. It’s weird and pathetic.

2. Melissa November 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM #

People are insane in general. If they have nothing better to do, they should contact me immediately. I have a backlog of stuff that I have too little time to do now that I’m helping mom more. Really, I could totally use a cook, chauffeur and maid.

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM #

Me too. We should start a online troll job agency.

3. Lisanne November 26, 2012 at 4:58 PM #

These haters prove only one point : that you are famous!!! If they got time to do that, they’re only adding to it! And for the what right or not for kids, what good or bad, what fashion, what normal and abnormal, I simply answer two thing that I learned when I started in psychology :

1. What is normal/nomality ? What is good/bad ? How can be sure of that ?
    2. Who are you to do that ? Who are you to judge about that ?

You can have a opinion, for or against it, but let other people have their too. I don’t like crocs, I really do, but you won’t find me bashing or belittle someone else. You can give your opinion without all that hate! In fact, you’ll learn more (and “grow” too) simply by exchanging with the person instead.

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM #

Thanks Lisanne. I get why people don’t like them and that’s fine. I just think it’s dumb to go out of your way to make fun of kids shoes. Kids just want something comfy with their favorite character on them. And Yes I am famous lol

4. Karen Nigh-Dent November 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM #

I think those crocs are cute! In the summer I wear crocs alot. I can throw them on to go out to garden, bbq etc…they are comfortable. Then again I could care less what people think of what I wear. I live for comfort. My kids get a pair of crocs every summer. They are functional and are the ONLY shoes my son has not wore out. I wish I had the time on my hands to mock a child’s choice of footwear.

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM #

I have a pair to and they have lasted 3 summers. I wish I had the free time but seriously who can mock anything with mouse ears on it?

5. Gemma November 27, 2012 at 7:12 AM #

I’m 47years old….an art teacher for 25 years and I am proud to say that I own a pair of purple crocs covered in those little pins and I actually wear them! You rock Shan!!!

• Shannon November 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM #

Thanks Gemma. I wear Crocs too and love them!!!!