PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY.

welcome-to-jungle-toddler-tee-1 (1)

I WILL get this coat off!

I am glad it is still warm because Princess A hates coats, hats, and gloves. I NEED HELP!

welcome-to-jungle-toddler-tee-2 (1)

I got it unzipped!

It takes her a while but she always gets it unzipped by wiggling around like a worm.

welcome-to-jungle-toddler-tee-3 (1)

I AM FREE

Once it is unzipped Princess A throws it on the ground.

welcome-to-jungle-toddler-tee-4 (1) Then she runs away from me!

welcome-to-jungle-toddler-tee-5 (1)

Free as a bird!

Princess A is so fast!

welcome-to-jungle-toddler-tee-6 (1) We bought her some Minnie Mouse gloves and hats and she still hates them. if I am lucky I get them on for a second before she screams and takes them off. Last winter was so much easier because she couldn’t take her own gloves off.

welcome-to-jungle-toddler-tee-7 (1) The worst part is eventually she gets upset because her hands are cold but she still refuses to wear gloves. It’s so frustrating and I feel really bad for Princess A. Soooooo any tips on getting stubborn toddlers to wear a hat and gloves?

Coat- Gap

Pants- Zutano via Diapers.com

Shirt- Trunk

Shoes- DVF Gap Kids

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY.”

1. snarkysarcasticbish November 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM #

Hmmmmmmmmmmm good luck???? I learned to get the gloves that had strings to keep them from getting lost, it worked a little better and they did eventually learn to keep them on, but always make sure they have long sleeves under the coat and trust me, when she gets cold enough, she will wear them, maybe try mittens instead of gloves???? The ones without fingers or if that is what you are using, use the other type, maybe that will help. Been a long while since I’ve had to deal with this problem. LOL But kids still go, mom i’m cold and i give them the look that says really??? put something on, lol.

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM #

Amelia can’t talk yet but over the weekend she was crying and pointing to her fingers. Then I put gloves on her thinking she would understand why she was so cold…. NOPE…. she cried and tore them off.

2. mrswhyne November 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM #

Duct tape!? 🙂 I think kids are gonna do what they wanna do when it comes to gloves and hats. Be firm and express if she wants to play then she has to stay warm. Otherwise she has to go back inside so she doesn’t get sick. Also, make sure you make a big deal out of you and the hubs putting your stuff on. “Oh daddy, you look so warm and handsome!”

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM #

DUH She always wants to copy us. I should have thought of making a big deal about wearing gloves one my own. DUH DUH DUH!!!

3. Melody November 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM #

I wish I could help you on this one but my little one does the same thing with hats. We haven’t been able to try gloves yet. At the moment she’s going through a phase of taking all her clothes off and her diaper when she takes naps and goes to sleep at night.

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM #

Sounds like Amelia but we are lucky that she keeps her diaper on.

4. Melissa November 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM #

The coat is kind of easy, just layer her with thermal underwear. They’re available for kids I think from LL bean if you can’t find them at Target or somewhere like that. The gloves are a nightmare. My son hates gloves even now. I am not overly fond of them either and can’t stand hats. I would keep trying different variations of the hats and gloves to see if there are any she tolerates. You may also try the ear warmer headbands. She may not find them quite as restricting.

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM #

Ear warmers are a good idea and I will have to think of a new kind of gloves to buy.

5. Karen Nigh-Dent November 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM #

I can’t remember what I did to keep the kids hats and mittens on. I think I tucked them up under the sleeves of their coats, but if she is getting the coat off to then that won’t help. I would just be consistent and firm. No coat, hat or mittens, then she is not allowed to play outside. I know reasoning with a toddler is no fun at all!

• Shannon November 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM #

I think you are right the problem is this will take so much time and effort from me. We have to walk freckles a ton because we don’t have a backyard. Once it is cold I will just have to deal with the fact I might spend a lot of time being consistent and firm like you said.