#SANDY

hurricane-sandy-kidorable-1 (1) These pictures were taken on Sunday before Central Park was closed in preparation for Hurricane Sandy. I knew we might not be able to go to the park for a while and would be stuck in our apartment for at least 2 days so I wanted to give everyone some exercise.

hurricanee-sandy-kidorable-2 (1) I was stressed out but Princess A and Freckles were care free. I wish i was a kid or a dog!

hurricane-sandy-kidorable-3 (1) It’s weird looking at these pictures now knowing that most of New York is flooded and so many trees have fallen down the parks are still closed.

hurricane-sandy-kidorable-4 (1) It really makes you realize how small we are in the scheme of things.

hurricane-sandy-kidorable-5 (1) The good news is I have learned a ton of things during this Hurricane.

1. My hair looks really good in windy/humid Hurricane weather.

2. Never underestimate how important being able to take your toddler outside is. Cabin fever is a bitch!

3. If your dog needs to poop outside during a hurricane let him suffer until he figures out you don’t care if he poops inside during a hurricane.

4. When you stock up on supplies don’t just buy the fun stuff like chocolate croissants and ice cream. Don’t forget to buy enough booze!

5. No one is more determined than New York City dog owners and smokers. I went out to walk Freckles during the height of the storm thinking the streets would be empty. Instead they were filled with dog walkers and chain smokers.

If you are dealing with the Hurricane stay safe and if you aren’t… I hate you!

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “#SANDY”

1. Melissa October 31, 2012 at 3:06 PM #

Will you hate me less if I tell you I had to have a tooth pulled? That wasn’t very fun… Hurricaine is worse of course.

• Shannon October 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM #

I would rather have my tooth pulled. At least you have a time frame with it lol

• melissa October 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM #

True. It’s approximately a week apparently lol. Glad you guys made it okay. I was frightened for all of my east cosst friends.

• Shannon October 31, 2012 at 8:40 PM #

Yep… we are doing good!

2. Melody October 31, 2012 at 3:20 PM #

One good thing, during all this you still kept your sense of humor. That’s always a good thing. Oh and wind and humidity is never a friend lol. It doesn’t matter how nice and compliant my hair is, the minute it gets humid or windy, bam! No more nice pretty hair.

• Shannon October 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM #

I am the opposite. Hummidity and wind help my hair!

3. Vicki October 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM #

I’m STILL not in my own home. We sent our CEI people to NJ/NY and the people that stayed are still waiting on people from Colorado to come help us. Our power has been out since Monday night. At least it’s just the power & not a flooded basement, roof or car damage like so many people around here have to go through. We didn’t have liquor, but we did have wine once the baby FINALLY went to sleep.

• Shannon October 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM #

I am glad you got some wine!

4. Bett October 31, 2012 at 3:32 PM #

Absolutely love the raining day pre-Sandy pics. I live in Louisiana and deal with hurricanes every year but you guys ended up getting the mother of all storms. Hope things get better soon. Happy Halloween!

• Shannon October 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM #

We were lucky but it was no fun!