CUDDLE ZEBRA

baby-zebra-cuddle

Baby Zebra

Our hotel room in Nantucket didn’t have a bath tub and we didn’t have room to bring a baby tub. Princess A enjoys water so much that I assumed she would like showers as well. She also loves hanging out with me so I thought taking a shower together would be a fun mom and daughter experience.

Boy was I wrong. Princess A cried the second we got in the shower. I gave her time beforehand to observe the shower and I made sure it was the right temperature but something about it freaked her out. I washed her off as fast as I could and then handed her off to The Husband. He had to cuddle her for a good 15 minutes before she calmed down.

Luckily, We were only in Nantucket for a couple of days and we didn’t have to give her another shower. How do you bathe your toddlers when you are on vacation and don’t have a bath tub?

Tags: , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “CUDDLE ZEBRA”

1. snarkysarcasticbish October 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM #

any sink will work, put her beside said sink or in it if big enough, and then just wash her off, works pretty good

• Lisanne October 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM #

Or maybe just wash with washcloth (not the very best, but can do the trick for couple days….). For the shower, maybe try to turn it into a game ? She might be a little young, but if you made her wash one of her bath toys, like a rubber duck….. Maybe you can also accustomate her a bit at home, where she feel safe so it would be easier when you travel. If it was her first, it’s sure scary for a toddler! If her mind/attention is occupied, the shower thing might be easier too….

I was wondering too… the “reply zone” here never works properly for me these days… Weird ?

• Shannon October 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM #

We used a washcloth the other nights but we just Had to bath her the first night because she puked on herself during the car ride. I didn’t realize the hotel didn’t have a bath till we got there so I will do what you say about getting her more used to the shower.

What isn’t working in the reply section?

• Lisanne October 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM #

I only see a big blank box!!!!!

• Shannon October 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM #

Hmmmmm let me work on it and see what is up.

• Shannon October 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM #

DUHHHHHH didn’t think of the sink lol

2. Nadine October 19, 2012 at 6:15 AM #

I never had problems with it because Jaden loves water so much that he doesn’t care whether I bathe him or give him a shower.

3. Melissa October 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM #

Nick was not a big fan of baths or showers once he got older than 1 or 2. I’d say that beginning to introduce her to the shower slowly like a game would help. Explain it’s like rain only inside instead of outside. She may like it better.

• Shannon October 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM #

She does like rain!

4. snarkysarcasticbish October 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM #

My kids were started young in the showers with mommy, so i dunno, it did take a bit of time to get them used to it, but just keep doing it lol. She will eventually get used to it lol.

• Shannon October 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM #

We just never used showers because there was always a bath and I personally don’t like showering with Amelia because she is so slippery and wiggly I am afraid she will slip and fall or I will drop her.