I have been talking a lot lately about the meanness and negativity on the internet. While there is way too much of this going on it would be a shame to forget about all the awesome gifts the internet has given me.

hertz-online-family-3 While I have meet some of the meanest people in the world online I have also made some awesome friends that are some of the kindest people I have ever met. I feel like I have an online family and when I have a parenting question I blog about it, ask for help, and always get tons of great advice from all of you.

hertz-online-family-2 When I feel down your tweets, likes, and comments make me feel so much better. When Princess A was first born I felt isolated. My husband works at night and my daughter goes to bed very early. I spent many of those first months crying and cuddling Freckles. Now it doesn’t matter what time it is I can always find a friend online.

hertz-online-family-4

The signs says “Pie happy Hour”

When I was in Texas last week out rental car from Hertz broke down. When we called they weren’t helpful at all and we were put on hold forever. We were sitting on the side of the road, in extreme heat, and with 2 babies. No Fun! I became frustrated and decided to ask you to tweet Hertz and ask them to help us as fast as possible. Within minutes Hertz tweeted me, told me to direct message them my phone number, and called me 5 minutes later. While I probably won’t use Hertz again it was awesome that I was able to get help from you.

herts-online-family-5

The best pie in Texas

After we got our car issue taken car of we searched for restaurants on our phone. We found The Blue Bonnet Cafe and decided t go there because they have a “Pie Happy Hour”… thank you internet.

So yes the internet can be the meanest and most annoying thing ever but it can also be the nicest and most useful.

Starting next week I will be posting Shannonigan articles on my blog every Thursday. Thank you for your continued support!

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “THANK YOU FROM SHANNONIGANS”

1. Mandy September 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM #

All your Texas posts are making me homesick. Glad that even at the worst of times things still managed to turn into a positive…. and yes internet friends are amazing.

• Shannon September 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM #

Sorry Mandy. Texas is awesome especially Austin. It was my first time there.

2. Karen Dent September 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM #

I am glad you get to see the positive side of the Internet too. I have many friends whom I have never met in person, but they have seen me through some of the best and hardest times of my life. I have been in touch with many of them for 10 years now. We are there for each other even from miles apart. One of my good friends just lost her 20 year old daughter to cancer last week. Even though we have not met I feel as if I knew her daughter because I have been hearing about her since she was 10 years old.
    I guess with the Internet we have to take the good with the bad. I choose to look at the good! Now after looking at these pictures I want pie! I am not sure that is good!

• Shannon September 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM #

The pie rocked. I have gotten good at only paying attention to the good but because of this drama I had to pay attention to the bad. But I do agree with you and feel like the good outweighs the bad.

3. melissa September 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM #

That looks like pie heaven! I notice that Princess A is eating a banana (yes I just suddenly couldn’t spell that) I hope she did break from her healthy eating to taste a bit of pie!

The internet provides solace to a lot of people. It helped me break out of my shell, it helped me find a voice and lastly it helped me find my passion and be able to share it with the world.

On the downside, I’ve had many bad experiences too. Some like what you’ve been through recently and some where I literally had to change my whole way of thinking.

I still think the good outweighs the bad in most situations, but I do like to urge people that if they think it’s cool to cyberbully someone, whether a neighbor or someone across the country, to please step back, seek counselling or do whatever you need to do to realize that that hurts too. It can cause as much or more harm than the bullying we all remember from our pre-teen and teen years.

I am not perfect in any way and I’ve made many mistakes, but I try to start and end each day knowing that I’ve not hurt anyone (intentionally, I can be blunt which is sometimes hurtful when not intended) and that I’ve made at least one person smile.

• Shannon September 27, 2012 at 9:15 PM #

Melissa, she ended up having some pie. She was starving by the time we finally got to this cafe and started crying. The waitress handed us a free banana to hold her over the second she saw princess A. I guess it was obvious she was hungry. When we had pie it was so good we forgot to take pics.

And you raise very good points Melissa… I like your rant!

4. Melody September 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM #

I’m glad that you were able to get help while there. I’m alsi glad that you are still doing your Shanna

• Melody September 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM #

Shannanogans blog. Sorry, My phone made the posting decision for me lol.

• Shannon September 27, 2012 at 9:13 PM #

i knew what you meant lol

5. melissa September 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM #

I just read my post. Sorry about the mini rant. You’re blog is one constant that I look forward to. I know that Princess A and Freckles are going to make me smile at least once a day. Thank you for writing it!

• Shannon September 27, 2012 at 9:12 PM #

Awwww thanks Melissa. I am about to read your post… I will get back to you on how I feel about it lol

6. Lara J September 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM #

Love you Shan! Always on your side! XO

7. clochette191 September 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM #

Yes Internet has a good side : we say the things that we don’t say to our friends. Its like a psychanalize (it’s not perhaps the good word). We have different point of view and it’s interesting to share it. For me, you follow : it’s to travel, don’t feel alone with my questions ( be a mother is not always easy) and to improve my english (try is the good word i think lol). I’m happy to know you and to see grow up the little princess. Don’t forget a magic kiss to your husband in order to get well soon lol

• Shannon September 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM #

Thanks Sabrina. And your English Rocks!

8. Nadine September 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM #

Don’t let those nasty people get you down. Many people are just nasty because they’re dissatisfied with their own lives. Secretly they envy you in many ways. :)