SLEEPING LIKE A TODDLER

sleeping-toddler-position

Where’s Amelia? Oh, she’s sleeping!

It looks like Princess A is playing peek-a-boo here but she is sleeping.

One of the best parts of traveling is I get to see Princess A fall asleep. She usually hates to sleep in public and will do anything to stay awake so I had no idea how she fell asleep until our recent trip to Texas.

She repeatedly puts the blankie on her head that Aunt Stacey gave her until the placement is just perfect. This can take up to thirty minutes. It’s really funny to watch.

The Husband and I have known for a while that Princess A likes to sleep with something on her head. It stresses us out because we are afraid she won’t be able to breath under there. So, we sneak into her room while she is fast asleep and try to remove her blankie but she grabs it and puts it back on her head. So frustrating!

Did your kids do anything weird in their sleep that stressed you out?

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , ,

12 Responses to “SLEEPING LIKE A TODDLER”

1. Lisanne September 26, 2012 at 1:16 PM #

My niece sleep with a kleenex box in her bed…. ^^ It’s like her sleeping buddy! I wonder why she does that… She have a soft little bunny plush/blanket but prefer the big hard box…. But I wonder, if A doing that, maybe her room isn’t enough dark for her ? Maybe she like to be in the real, real, deep dark ?

• Shannon September 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM #

That’s what I thought but we got special curtains for her room and she still does this. We sneak into her room in the middle of the night and she still has stuff on her head lol

• Lisanne September 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM #

At least, it’s a blanket over her head. If she like to sleep like that and get to sleep… Why not ? It’s a bit scary but everyone have a little (or big…) crazy side. A is showing hers by doing that!!!

• Shannon September 26, 2012 at 6:45 PM #

LOL it’s definitely crazy!

2. melissa September 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM #

N used to sleep with stuff on his head so we removed everything we could. When he graduated to a big boy bed, he would sleep at the bottom where the sheets were tucked in. No matter how often you would turn him, he would go right back. It’s terrifying, but I’m not sure there is anyway to stop them!

• Shannon September 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM #

Sounds just like Amelia!!!!!

3. Mary K. (@MayMay_MaryK) September 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM #

When Gabe was 3 weeks old he was making these noises that sounded like he was gasping for air. I ran to his bassinet and when he did it again he was smiling and I realized he was dreaming and trying to laugh in his sleep. So then this made me wonder… what could a 3 week old baby find funny? What could he have been dreaming that made him want to laugh? Lol He still does it now at 6 weeks, but I’ve yet to figure it out.

• Shannon September 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM #

That’s a good question. Hmmmmm I have no idea what a baby that young would think is funny but Gabe must have a great sense of humor if he is laughing that much at such a young age.

4. Karen Nigh-Dent September 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM #

David has always had the ability to fall asleep pretty much anywhere. I have all kinds of pictures of him sleeping in different places including on top of tables, upside down in chairs, he used to fall asleep any time he stopped moving. It got to the point we had to take him to see a specialist because he was tired all the time. Thankfully it was just bad sleep habits and he quickly got over it once we corrected them. Personally I can’t fall asleep unless my neck is covered with blankets. I wouldn’t be able to have my whole head covered though.

• Shannon September 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM #

I can only sleep on my belly which is why pregnancy sucked for me

5. NL October 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM #

Just found this…I wouldn’t worry about this at all…it’s great she has found a way to soothe herself to sleep. As a kid I did this with a pillow! Just basically covered one ear to block out noises. This will help a lot when she starts going to sleepovers. My daughter never was able to fall asleep in strange surroundings until just in the last couple of years and she is now 15! At Princess A’s age there’s no chance she ‘ll not be able to breathe under that blankie.

• Shannon October 22, 2012 at 1:53 PM #

The idea of sleepovers make me very happy lol!!!!