MY BABY

amelia-monroe-1

Niiiiiiiiiiiice

The first time Princess A and Monroe Rathbone hung out we didn’t get a good picture. We were so nervous that Princess A might be rough with him we didn’t think to have our cameras ready. She gave him a kiss the second she saw him and pet him “nice”. We think that she thought he was a puppy which is actually good because she is gentler with dogs than with humans.

amelia-monroe-2

MY BABY!!!!!!!

The Husband and I love watching Princess A with Monroe. She is usually a tough girl but when she is around Monroe she is very quiet and sweet. Unless, she doesn’t get to kiss Monroe when she wants. Then she screams, “MY BABY” and throws a temper tantrum.

amelia-monroe-3

Kissy Kiss

These pictures were taken in August. Princess A really wanted to hold Monroe on her own. I held him with one hand and tricked her into thinking she was holding him like a “big girl”. It worked and she was very happy with herself and gave Monroe tons of kisses. Princess A’s behavior around Monroe makes me want another baby.

How do your kids act around babies?

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , , ,

28 Responses to “MY BABY”

1. melissa September 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM #

Seeing these make even ME want another baby LOL. N was 1 when his baby cousin was born and he was confused. He had never taken a binky, but suddenly would take it out of J’s mouth and put it in his. (silly boy) Once I bought him his own binkies, he was fine. A lot more gentle than I expected. She looks very good with him and I think it’s amazing that she thinks he’s hers!

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM #

Yeah, I was shocked with her ownership reaction. This is the first baby younger than her that she has ever been around.

2. Amélie September 21, 2012 at 9:42 AM #

Awwww, it’s just so cute! Thanks Shannon for the sharing. :D

I haven’t kids, but when I worked with young kids, I could see toddlers to be calm and sweet around babies.

3. Karen Dent September 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM #

Yep now I want another one. Looks like Princess A turned into a little Mommy. When I had David I expected many things but not that I would have to share my new baby with Katelyn. We always joke that poor David was born with two people to mother him. These are very sweet pictures. I am glad Princess A was gentle.

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM #

I am glad she was gentle as well. It makes my life so much easier. The only problem now is she doesn’t want Sheila or J to hold or feed him EVER. She is quite the jealous type.

4. Kim Rost September 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM #

Very sweet pictures. When I was pregnant with my second, I my older son, (he was 4 at the time), was very excited. I asked him how he wanted to help with the baby. He told me he wanted to feed, sing and read to the baby. But not changing diapers, they are stinky. When his little brother born he went to the nursery with us and wheeled his brother from the nursery to the hospital room. Very proud he told every one in the maternity ward, ‘this is my baby brother’. He used to hug and kiss his little brother all the time. They’re now 17 and12. They both still love to be around babies and toddlers. You are obviously doing a wonderful job with Princess A.

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM #

Thanks Kim! That’s a really cute story about your kids. When my brother was born my mom got me a “I’m a big Sister Shirt” which helped because I didn’t get to see him immediately after he was born.

5. Vicki September 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM #

Both kids are sooo cute! I only have my 22 week old, but these pics even make ME want another!! Ha :)

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM #

I know it’s too cute to handle.

6. snarkysarcasticbish September 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM #

Could you please stop making my hormones go insane????? MMMMMKAY?????? lol how freaking adorable. I love how she was holding him and kissing him. that’s pretty much how my kids reacted but they were like 5 and 3 years apart in age. So yea, not as you as Princess. but still stinkin adorkable

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM #

I know. When she did this I was like I want another baby NOW

• snarkysarcasticbish September 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM #

I do seriously want a baby too, but yea I think I would be best being a grandma, but no kids around for me to be a grandma too lol. Damn i’m only 38 and thinking grandma attitudes. I could still have a baby…….

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM #

You will be an awesome grandma one day but right now you are too young :)

• snarkysarcasticbish September 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM #

Now that was just the perfect thing to say to me hun. Smooches

7. JEss September 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM #

Oh my god, how adorable can you get??? I want another one lol! Warren is super gentle with other babies, but yeah he gets a little possessive and it’s so cute! He doesn’t get jealous when I hold them though, he knows he’s Mama’s favorite lol. I’m so thankful my cousin is going to have a baby in November, holding her baby girl will hopefully get rid of some of my baby fever! The pictures of all of you are just too cute! You all look so happy and relaxed. Kiddos, what they do to us lol! (At least it’s mostly good things…I’m not sure I call these gray hairs I have no good thought).

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM #

I have gray hair now as well and I don’t call it a good thing either lol

8. Melody September 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM #

So sweet! Amy loves other kids and babies. She hasn’t been too close to a smaller baby yet, but I have a feeling she’d be gentle.

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 4:02 PM #

She probably will especially because you have a dog :)

9. Chrissy September 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM #

How sweet! Andrew is 2 years and 1 month older than Connor. It was a tough adjustment for him. When the nurses were taking Connor to the NICU they stopped so Andrew could see his new brother…. Andrew cried and wouldn’t even look at the baby. It took about a week before he would look at him and about 3 before he would even touch him. Now, 5 months later, he absolutely adores his brother. He sits with him, talks to him, hugs him, pats his head. Not how I thought it would be but better late than never

• Shannon September 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM #

I am glad he adores him now. I wonder if Amelia would feel the same way towards a baby that lived with us lol. She LOVES Monroe but she only sees him in small doses.

10. Mandy September 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM #

Kids adjust. Mine are 19 months apart. My oldest is enamored with the little one. Smothers her with kisses and love. She’s a super helper. While this cuteness does produce a spark in the ovaries, I couldn’t imagine adding another right at this moment. My 2nd is not as loving as the 1st and 3, 3 and under would definitely do me in.

• Shannon September 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM #

I am off and on about a second kid. I really want another one day. It is just so hard. We are already cramped in our small apartment.

11. Aurélie September 23, 2012 at 2:19 PM #

I think all depends on children and on parents….everything depends of how we prepared the first one at the idea of a little bro or sis and once the 2nd arrived, the attention which we carry and the time which we spend with each of them is equal! ….. But well, for me, there was really no problem because between my son and his twin sisters 6 years ago apart, and him before their arrival, wanted a younger sister because he was bored.

Nothing is easy

ps: photo is adorable

kisses from france

• Shannon September 23, 2012 at 9:00 PM #

Thanks for the advice Aurelie :)

12. Chrissy Pl September 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM #

s-a-weeeeeeeet. goodness me cuteness-overload! :D

Shannon you have a very beautiful lil lady :)
    and S & J have a very adorable lil man :)
    Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are doing fine. <3

• Shannon September 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM #

awwwww thanks Chrissy.

13. Missy September 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM #

Shannon that’s how we were about a third baby but God knew we needed Joshua.People ask why our girls are so much older but now I am glad that there is such a gap they are huge helps.Larissa did the same thing with Natalie when it came to holding ,hugging and wanting to care for her.

• Shannon September 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM #

That sounds like my sister Stacey, brother Scott and I. He is way younger and we helped our mom a ton.