I MISS YOU

freckles-tennis-ball-central-park

I miss my pup!

I miss Freckles so much when we go on vacation. We board him at a daycare that he loves but I always feel guilty when we leave. We need to go on vacations to relax and I wish we could bring Freckles. Unfortunately he is too big to go in the cabin of a plane and we are afraid to put him in cargo.

I always give him a special toy when we board him and when we pick him up he is never mad at us. So why do i feel so mean for doing something crazy like taking a vacation with my family?!?!?!?!?!

Do you feel guilty when you go on vacation and leave your dog at home? What do you do to try and make your dog’s “hotel” experience better?

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , ,

8 Responses to “I MISS YOU”

1. melissa September 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM #

My dogs have always stayed with my mom if I had to go on vacation or I got a friend to dog sit. I think they have it better with them than with me LOL

• Shannon September 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM #

Probably. grandmas always spoil their grandpups.

2. Angie September 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM #

I’m actually facing this myself coming up in a couple of months. We will be out of town nine days and have to board our beloved little black dachshund. He was a rescue after his original owners abandoned him, so it’s already tearing me up to leave him. But he can’t go with us. I’ll send his favorite curl up blankie and his favorite toy so hopefully he won’t be too mad at us. Unless I can come up with a full time petsitter until then…..

• Shannon September 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM #

Also give him a t-shirt you have worn that you don’t care about. Your scent will comfort him.

3. Judi September 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM #

Shannon its because he’s more then a pet to your family. He’s a part of your family. And your feeling bad about it just show how much you love him

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 8:28 AM #

He is definitely a part of the family :)

4. Karen Nigh-Dent September 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM #

I have a hard time leaving my dog when I go on vacation. When I was in grade 12 and I went away for a week to France when I came home my dog had died, it now makes it even harder to leave my dog when I go away. We always boarded Kalie At our Vet’s when we went on vacation she seemed to look at it as if it was her own little vacation. She would always be so excited when we dropped her off so that made it a little bit easier to leave her. When we leave Guinness we are thinking of having him stay with my sister and my nephews. My 10-year-old nephew really wants a dog so he has decided to borrow mine from time to time. It helps to know that he will be well looked after.

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM #

That’s such a sad story about your dog :( leaving Guiness with your sister sounds like a perfect idea