BOO BOOS

todddler-boo-boo

Boo Boo

I hate it so much when Princess A gets a boo boo. I know it is a part of growing up but I hate seeing her get hurt.

When she gets hurt at first I don’t react because sometimes she just gets back up as if nothing ever happened. When she cries I give her a big hug and kiss. My Grandma used to kiss my boo boo and sing a song about how kisses are magic. I wish I could remember the song because it always made me feel better. I want to come up with a routine that I do with Princess A when she gets hurt.

Is there anything you do with your kid everytime they get hurt that always makes them feel better?

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of Funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “BOO BOOS”

1. melissa September 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM #

I was a “kiss the boo boo” mom. I would also give him a big cuddle and just talk to him or read to him. I miss those days a lot.

2. felicia September 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM #

I always just give my boys kisses on their boo-boos then they just go on or if its bad we have cool packs from the dollar store you leave in the fridge they look like ladybugs or frogs and put it on till it feels better :)

• Shannon September 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM #

I will have to buy some of those.

3. monkeyjunkiegirl September 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM #

kisses and hugs are perfect medicine for it. I know it hurts us more than it hurts them. Also, Dora bandaids work well. My daughter worries more about MY boo boos than hers and I’m always banging myself up. She lets me use her Dora bandaids and assures me “it’s going to be ok, Mama” and I let her take care of me. She’s a pro.

• Shannon September 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM #

So sweet! I found some Olivia bandaids today. Score!!!!

• Lisanne September 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM #

Be careful with themed bandaids…. They turn out so cool they will want a bandaid for “nothing”. My niece luv Hello kitty and her mom bought Hello kitty bandaids couples times…. She soon found out that her daughter was asking for a bandaid for any little reason even if she wasn’t hurt… And most of the time, they are not so cheap!

• Shannon September 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM #

Good point Lisanne

4. Melody September 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM #

I always kiss my daughters boo boos or give her a hug. She had a cut on her foot for a few weeks and even after it was gone she would ask someone to kiss her boo boo lol. She usually doesn’t react at all when she bumps herself or gets a boo boo. She just walks it off. It still scares me though when I think she’s hurt herself worse than she has.

5. M. September 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM #

Grandmas are gorgeous! Me Nana did this too. She made a cradle with her arms and rocked me singing this special song. Well, as I am a Kraut it was a german song… The lyrics were a little silly, but I always felt so much better… She also sang this song when I was ill or in case of belly-ache… Sometimes I miss her doing this. But I can feel her inside of me when my little goddaughter has a boo boo… Only we call it “stupid nasty ouchie” ;)

Get well soon to all the kids that have a boo boo right now

Greez
    M.

• Shannon September 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM #

That sounds really sweet :)

6. Karen Dent September 19, 2012 at 3:15 PM #

I would do cuddles and kisses, and a band aid always seemed to help. David was always scraped up, and if we had pictures scheduled to be done, someone would get a bruise or scratch on their face,every time! One time we thought we were in the clear, then got to the portrait place to find a bruise on Katie’s cheek, no idea how she got it!

• Shannon September 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM #

It always happens like that. Amelia always is about to get a new tooth when we get pro pictures.

7. Janine Huldie October 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM #

My girls are all about the Princess and Tinker Bell bandaids. They even wear them when they don’t have boo boos too. I got them from Stop and Shop around here for around $2 a box. Great buy and makes the real boo boos more tolerable for them!!

• Shannon October 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM #

Good idea. If I could find Olivia bandaids I would be home free!