PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY

I have dreamed about Princess A’s first dance class since before I was pregnant with her. I don’t know what it is about dance class that gets me so excited about having a daughter. I took dance class as a kid but I wasn’t very good and stopped at around 12. I guess there’s just something about little girls in tutus…

fancy-nancy-tutu-mom-blog

Ballerina!

All the girls in this group are around 18 months. I talked earlier in the week about how another mom said our class wasn’t “real” because there wasn’t a uniform. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?! that’s all I have to say.

fancy-nancy-mom-blog-2

Belly Button

We just want to have fun with our cute kids so back off lady!

This group of little dancers was especially cute. They looked confused the whole time and each girl got upset and cried in class at least once. I felt bad but I couldn’t help but giggle a little because it was so adorable. Princess A mostly stared at my friend who taught the class.

fancy-nancy-tutu-mom-blog-4

Mommy has a tutu too!

I wore a tutu as well. I got it when the Betsey Johnson stores went out of business especially for this special day!

fancy-nancy-tutu-mom-blog-5

Whatever these are they are awesome!

The class is held in a common multipurpose room. During “free” dance time Princess A found these round things and fell in love with them. Go figure!

fancy-nancy-tutu-mom-blog-3

Tea Time!

At the end of class we had water and animal crackers.

fancy-nancy-tutu-mom-blog-6

Fun Times!

Princess A loves tutus so much that she likes to eat them. Because of this she can’t wear her tutus for long if I want them to last. I kept her shirt on and just put these fun leopard pants on her.

Speaking of… I was unable to get a good shot but Princess A’s outfit has Fancy Nancy on the shirt and is from SuperGlamFan Laura. The second I received this in the mail I knew this would be Princess A’s dance class debut ensemble! It was exciting for me to finally get to see Princess A in her Fancy Nancy outfit finally in dance class! New York City Ballet here we come!

Shirt and Tutu- SuperGlamFan Laura

Shoes-Converse

Pants- Gap

Janitor at Mom Blog PoopPeePuke.com

Lover of funny at The World New York Comedy Club

Tags: , , , , ,

10 Responses to “PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY”

1. Laura September 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM #

Amelia looks even ,ore adorable than I thought she would in that outfit! I’m honored to have been a part of her special day. I expect an invitation to her debut as the first stand-up comedy/ballet performance.

• Shannon September 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM #

You got it. I was so happy that she got to wear a fancy Nancy tutu to her first class!!!!!!

2. hobee1971 September 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM #

Since I only had a boy, I have been looking forward to this post.

They all look so beautiful and I think seeing a room full of babies in tutus crying would make me smile, just because I’ve always associated tutus with happiness and fun.

I’m so glad you found a great class for Princess A that can be associated with fun. Those classes with uniforms and strict rules aren’t for toddlers, but for the parents that assume by pushing their toddler into a regimented class they will become a prima ballerina whether they want to or not.

• Shannon September 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM #

It was cute watching them cry in tutus. I think the cried because now that I think about it even though this class was all about fun it was very different from everything else Amelia has done. Usually we just do play groups at a friend’s place where the kids just play with a ton of toys. Or we go to story time or kid’s music concerts where Amelia just watches. In this class the teacher did some of the positions and the girls would try to do it but none of them were even able to figure out 1st position… sad but cute lol I think they were frustrated and cried ;(

3. Melody September 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM #

She looks so cute in her little tutu.

4. monkeyjunkiegirl September 16, 2012 at 3:25 PM #

the tutu is ADORABLE! Her little belly sticking out in the second one. awww. the top may not last long, sad to say! love the first one. that one is frame quality!

5. Karen Nigh-Dent September 17, 2012 at 8:20 AM #

Oh I love this post! I was at the studio on Saturday and I was watching all the little ones coming in for dance class. It brought back so many memories of Katie and David starting dance. I thought of Princess A because all the little girls were in pink tutus, and the teachers complimented every one of them. The little ones were more excited to show off their tutus and twirl then to learn first position! That will come with age. I remember watching Katie at 2 learn “good toes” and “bad toes” all that led to a good toe point. They have to start somewhere, and if it isn’t fun you will have a lot of sad little ballerinas. There is always at least one crier, if not more, and one class clown lol! One year at the year end recital one little girl spent her entire routine picking up sparkles off the stage. When her dance ended she handed her teacher a handful of sparkles. It was the cutest thing! Childhood is meant to be fun, there is plenty of time to take things seriously. The vast majority of these kids are not taking dance to have a career so let them show off their tutus and twirl!

6. Karen Nigh-Dent September 17, 2012 at 8:23 AM #

Oh and I told Katie what that woman said and Katie said “she needs to get over herself and let her kid have fun!”. That is from my 10 years old dancer. Her 9 year old brother who dances agreed!

• Shannon September 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM #

Katie and her brother are very smart. I agree!