PRINCESS A’S HALLOWEEN COSTUME

mummy-halloween-max

I’m a growling Mummy!

Last week, we played a guessing game on what Princess A decided to be for Halloween.

SuperGlamFan Jillian won and will be receiving a Amazon gift card in the mail! So what has Princess A chosen to be this year?

img11b

Maxine

She is going as Max from Where The Wild Things Are. Every year I think that we are going to put her into some frilly princess costume. Last year, she started quacking like a duck and became obsessed with bees 2 months before Halloween so we dressed her as a bee in the morning and a duck in the afternoon. Princess A looks good in yellow and the duck and bee fit her personality so it worked.

img40b

Long Tail

Right now Princess A is obsessed with wearing her yellow crown everywhere. She also likes to growl at random people and ties things around her waist to create a tail. So I get why Princess A picked this costume, but sometimes I wish she would pick a tutu princess costume. Then I realize that Princess A is a princess and wears tutus every day so for Halloween she wants something different. DUH!

Since Max is a boy and Princess A is a girl I KNOW I will be getting some dumb comments. Have your kids ever dressed as a different gender for Halloween? What did you say to the annoying people?

Back to fun stuff. We got Princess A’s costume at Pottery Barn Kids. This is our second costume from Pottery Barn and I have to say I love the quality of them . Also, they are warm and made of fleece. They have tons of fun characters. I love the goldfish but Princess A wasn’t into it. Maybe next year.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “PRINCESS A’S HALLOWEEN COSTUME”

1. Aaron August 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM #

I can’t believe you would let your child dress as the King of The Monsters when we all know she is a girl and human! I am outraged and am going to call the police!

If parents allow their kids to dress as anything besides Jesus riding a dinosaur, it is child abuse.

• Shannon August 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM #

If you call the police you will be the one who gets arrested because the credit card used to purchase this costume has your name on it!

2. hobee1971 August 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM #

I’m laughing at The Husband right now! N didn’t dress too strangely. We had a lot of vampires and the like at my house. I was Mickey Mouse when I was 4 or 5 so I think it’s fine. She’s not identifying with the gender, but with the qualites that she admires in the character. Children of her age rarely see things in a “he’s a boy and I’m a girl” way.

• Shannon August 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM #

I agree but people already say dumb things when they see Amelia playing with cares. Ughhhh people are dumb. I should just ignore them.

3. snarkysarcasticbish August 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM #

I have just died laughing. She can be whoever she wants to be. If she needs help being a member of the other sex, tell her to ask Uncle J what it was like to be Amanda/Adam. He can give her great advice on playing both sexes LOL. My kids have always done what they want. We are basic here, bunnies, princesses, power rangers, mario, luigi, iron man, so if anyone says anything just say, she will be whoever she wants to be and if you don’t like it, FINE. Don’t judge…..

4. charlene lassiter September 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM #

The most challenging Halloween for me with your costume was the year it was really cold and we had an ice storm in Kansas. There was piles of slush everywhere! You were Little Mermaid and I had the forethought to have a flesh colored body suit made to keep you warm. Do you remember? Mom

• Shannon September 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM #

yes of course I remember. I loved that costume!