GROCERIES

I am HORRIBLE with grocery shopping. HORRIBLE. Right now I am speed shopping online so that I can get my order in before the cut-off and have my food delivered today. Yes, I can buy my groceries online and have them delivered but I am still forgetfull!

groceries-mom-blog

Get it together Mom!

Last night Princess A had waffles, deli turkey, tomatoes, broccoli, and almond milk for dinner. It had all the food groups but didn’t make sense together. I did this because it was the only food I had left. For the past three days I have forgotten to grocery shop. Then when it is dinner time I have very little to work with.

I don’t know what my issue is. When I remember to grocery shop I always forget something really important. Even if I make a list! I would like to blame my daughter but this problem began before she was born.

If you are good at grocery shopping what is your secret?

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “GROCERIES”

1. Lisanne August 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM #

One (ok two…) of the best thing i ever bought was a month calendar along with a little board that you can write/erase/write on it again (I’m forgetting the name here…). I discovered last year that I have a terrible, terrible memory about all my appointements and that i’m really a visual person, so with that I have a constant reminder because I hang them in a spot where I go several time a day (on the fridge and behind my bedroom door). This way, I see them constantly and it really help me not to forget. I took a month one, so I would be able to plan my whole month on it and be able to see everything if I have to take other appointement, meetings, etc and not be confused about all that stuff. I even got pencils of different color and made myself a color code to help me (ex: green is for work, blue is for school, red is for appointements….). Maybe you just need something that you’ll see all the time so you won’t forget.

• Shannon August 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM #

I like that idea. I love my iphone but I don’t always have my phone on me and I hide it for most of the day so Princess A won’t eat it.

• Lisanne August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM #

Some paper pads also exist. You just take the page with you when you go at the grocery store. But in the end, just make sure that if you buy some boards, you like their look. You’re gonna see them a lot and that way you won’t get tired of having it “in your face”.

You should also think about the “best way of learning” for you. Like I said, i’m visual so I have to SEE the stuff and everything. But some people are more auditive or both. If you are a visual person, having it diplayed really help, but if you are more auditive, maybe a voice recorder can help you (I think there one on the iphone ?)! Finding that may help you get organized!

• Shannon August 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM #

I am very visual. I have tried video recording as well but it didn’t work. I tried to be hi tech using my iphone but I am going to go back to actually writing down lists because I think that is better for me.

2. Angelia Greenawalt August 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM #

We use a dry erase board. When we run out of something, or run low on something like milk or OJ we write it on the board. So when the next person is ready to pick things up at the store, all they have to do is transfer list to paper or iphone note pad and go.

• Shannon August 28, 2012 at 7:29 AM #

A dry erase board sounds perfect!