PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY

retro sailor baby

Hello Gorgeous.

We went to the Intrepid so I decided to dress Princess A like a cute sailor. I got this adorable hat that made Princess A look adorably retro.

red sailor baby retro

Pigtail

My favorite part about this hat is how the curls peek out.

intrepid boat mom blog

WOW

Unfortunately Princess A refused to wear the hat for long. Luckily, she was impressed by the Intrepid and screamed,”WOW”. She didn’t even notice that her dress was tucked into her diaper cover.

toddler no intrepid

Nooooooo

I kept trying to get a picture of Princess A in front of the Intrepid facing me but she refused because all she wanted to do was stare at the big boat. Aunt Sheila tried to help me but was unsuccessful.

Pretty Sailor Retro

Pretty Sailor

Eventually I gave up and stood in front of Princess A. I got this great picture of her staring in awe of the Intrepid.

Dress- Gap Kids

Hat- Baby Gap

Shoes- Pediped via Diapers.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY”

1. Lisa August 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM #

I love the hat i use to have one kinda the same when i was a tot. Love the last photo the most though Princess A is so adorable n also that hotter bloke i can see in the background with no shirt on. Awesome shot indeed lol :)

• Shannon August 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM #

I didn’t even notice the guy in the back with no shirt on lol

2. Francesca August 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM #

Aw, Little Red Riding Hood. ;-)
    When I was a little child I have a similar hat. It was white with purple dots. (My Mom loved to dress me with hats, because I don´t have hair till I was two or so…)

The red ribbon on the dress is gorgeous. :-)

• Shannon August 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM #

I like to dress her in hats as well because she has little hair and I don’t want her to get a sunburn BUT she doesn’t like to wear hats :(

3. Melissa August 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM #

wow! there are two shirtless guys back there. Thanks from all us single ladies! I love that dress, but I hate wearing hats too. I know they are necessary, but they make my head hot and I feel like I can’t see right when I’m wearing them. Maybe that’s why she hates wearing them?

• Shannon August 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM #

Maybe… but she has such light hair she needs them… maybe I should keep trying different styles of hats. An excuse to shop!

4. Karen Dent August 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM #

I love that outfit on her! My kids hated hats too. I wish I knew my sister’s secret. When my nephew was two he was at daycare. They were going outside and he refused to go until they put his hat on him. My kids would have run out the door thrilled they didn’t have to wear hats.
    It sounds like Princess A has a mind of her own. I am impressed that you get pictures of her. David refuses to have his picture taken unless it is under his terms (those terms include at least a 1 foot distance from his sister).

Karen

5. snarkysarcasticbish August 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM #

If you are worried about her head getting sunburned, i’d rub some sunblock on your hands and massage her head. It will work, but yea that hat is a no go for me. I know I’m one of the few that would say it, but dang girl, get her a fedora that will go with everything. We know she will wear them. LOL But that dress is adorable as always. Keep up the great work.

• Shannon August 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM #

Thanks Katie. I like the Fedora too but I like trying new things… Amelia does not though lol

6. Mandy August 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM #

The dress tucked into the diaper cover is the baby version of a wedgie. You still look cute princess A. (and aunt Sheila looks pretty awesome for just having a baby) I think the wanting to wear a hat comes with age. My oldest didn’t want to wear one until she was about 19 months old.

• Shannon August 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM #

That’s good to hear. princess A is almost 17 months old so maybe in 2 months she will like hats.

7. Melody August 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM #

Cute little dress and shoes! I understand what you mean about the not wearing hats thing. My daughter loves hats but wont wear them for long. I don’t get it.

• Shannon August 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM #

That’s even worse. She is teasing you lol.