BABY BOOK?!?!?!

lazy mom baby book

I will eat your head for being lazy!

When I was pregnant I had plans to make a physical baby book for Princess A twice a year as well as a ton of other things I naively thought I would have the time for. I kept putting her baby book off. Then I decided I would do it once a year and I would make it for her birthday. But then I got really busy with the party and put it off again. Now Princess A is almost 17 months old with no baby book.

I tell myself it is ok because I take a picture of Princess A every day and put it on my blog. I feel bad though because we have tons of picture books from vacations and Freckles growing up. I don’t want Princess A to wonder why she doesn’t have any picture books dedicated to her. So I am making a goal that I have to get the baby book of her 1st year done by December 31st of this year. I feel like that gives me enough time.

Any advice on getting something like this done. What did you plan to do when you were pregnant that you don’t have time for now that actually have a child?

Tags: , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “BABY BOOK?!?!?!”

1. snarkysarcasticbish August 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM #

Living, sleeping etc……. Oh wait, ummmmm let me see, I did a baby book for my first 2 kids, forgot the 3rd but I do have some pics of him when he was a baby. I am the world’s worst procrastinator so I have no idea on what to tell ya to do to get it done. *facepalm*

• Shannon August 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM #

At least I am not alone!

2. Deb August 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM #

Kicking myself for not getting my bi annual dental cleaning or my annual eye exam while pregnant. And when my daughter was born 2 wks early I greatly regretted not having the hospital bag packed. Normally a detail freak, I did not nest rather I procrastinated.

3. Deb August 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM #

Kicking myself for not getting my bi annual dental cleaning or my annual eye exam while pregnant. And when my daughter was born 2 wks early I greatly regretted not having the hospital bag packed. Normally a detail freak, I did not nest rather I procrastinated .

• Shannon August 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM #

Tooth cleaning was something I wish I would have done as well!!!! It is so hard to make time for that kind of thing when you have a newborn!

4. Jenn August 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM #

I don’t have children. But I have been married for six years. I said i was going to scapbook my wedding. I started a few days after the wedding. Six years later, I’m still five pages in…

• Shannon August 9, 2012 at 8:44 AM #

I need to finish my wedding album too… thanks for reminding me!

5. Melissa August 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM #

When Nick was 1 I put together a lovely album with all the special things from his first year. I then decided that I didn’t like that and dumped everything in a box where it has been in the attic for the last 20 1/2 years. If I finally stop procrastinating, I’ll let you know.

• Shannon August 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM #

OK Melissa…. and least you made album for the 1st year. You are ahead of me!

6. Mandy August 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM #

Funny you should post about this. With my first I did the traditional baby book religiously. Took pictures each month showing her weight and length and wrote down tons of milestones. Then every 3 months I made a picture book (20 pages each.) Then nothing from 12-24 months…. and the 2nd baby… whoa- she’s lucky there’s anything written in her baby book. Now I’m playing catch up after they go to bed. I just upload lots of pictures to shutterfly for family/friends only, then go in and use those pictures for the books. Once you get started, it goes by quickly. Just gotta make yourself do it.