PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY!

plumley's togs british

Princess A

Since half of Princess A’s family is British and she is definitely a royal I was so glad when I discovered Plumley’s Togs.

plumley's togs children's fashion

Kate Middleton who?

Plumley’s Togs is a Brooklyn based clothing company that’s goal is to teach American’s how to speak British English through fashion.

plumley's togs shannon sutherland

I like to watch Olivia the pig on the Telly!

This cracked me up because when I first met my British step-mother we had problems understanding each other because many of the words we used were different even though we both speak English.

plumley's togs children's fashion

Hello, mate!

Now with the help of Plumley’s Togs Princess A can learn to speak British English so she can communicate with her relatives that live across the pond.

mom blog

Keep Calm and Wear Plumley’s Togs

So if you are looking for a fun way to learn British English or just want some glam clothes check out Plumley’s Togs!

Telly Shirt- Plumley’s Togs

Tutu- Harajuku Mini for Target

Shoes- Saucony via Diapers.com

Bow- Walmart via SuperGlamFan Brianna

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY!”

1. Lisa August 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM #

it’s funny you posted this shannon. my friends and i were only talking about diffrent english the other night. As i’m australian and your american, we both speak english, but the way we word things is totally diffrent. Did you see the twitter post J sent about eating kangaroo? He wrote it like an aussie wld speak, but when it came to his followers who don’t know anything about how us aussies speak me and my friends had to post it on fb and re word it..even though it’s english lol. :)

• Shannon August 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM #

I didn’t see that tweet. Yes, that’s true as well. When I went to Australia as a kid I had NO idea what people were saying and they couldn’t understand me either.

2. Melody August 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM #

She looks too cute in that tutu. I especially like the pic of her in front of the guard.

• Shannon August 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM #

me too. I was so happy I found the guards.

3. Karen Dent August 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM #

I love that outfit! That tutu is so sweet. I wish I had them when Katie was little.
    It is funny hearing some terms that kids pick up from family. My Mom was born in Scotland and immigrated to Canada when she was 7. Needless to say my family is very Scottish. My nephew called pants “meeps” when he was learning to talk. We finally figured out he was trying to say “breeks”. When something has gone bad in our house it is said to be “foosted” My kids know what I mean if I tell them something is “foosted”. I have used these words around friends and their kids and they look at me like I have lost my mind.
    Karen

• Shannon August 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM #

LOL… people get very confused by my because my accent is a a mix of Kansas and British and then I have words that are unique to Kansas and ENgland.

4. S.G. August 7, 2012 at 9:27 PM #

Knowing the owners of Plumley’s, I’ve bought some of their stuff for several friends’ kids and the kids just love them… they walk around pointing to the shirts saying “chips chips!”

5. Mars August 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM #

I really love the word ‘Telly’ and I am not being biased – I have to say when I lived over in the US there were a larger no. of words I did not realise were different or even the incredibly different uncomprehendable pronounciations e.g. herbs, alluminum.
    My favourite US word is jungle gym as opposed to our boring climbing frame.

• Shannon August 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM #

I did not know it was called climbing frame. I like that my step-mom is British because if I like a British English word I can use it and blame her lol