I live in New York City and I walk around a ton. This is great for exercise but unfortunately I am bombarded by dumb people every day. Everyone has there own opinion about everything and they never ask me whether or not I would like to hear it. Here is a list of the things people tell me.
1. Your daughter is so cute.
2. Your son is so cute.
3. Would you like to babysit my child. Oh you’re the mom? You look to young to be a mom.
4. You shouldn’t let your daughter play with trains.
5. You shouldn’t let your dog so close to your baby.
6. You daughter has such chubby legs.
7. I am homeless can you buy me a beer?
8. No, can you buy me some drugs then?
9. No again… can your daughter by me some beer or drugs?
10. ***K You
Right now I don’t care that much but I hate that complete strangers feel like they can comment on my child’s looks and my parenting. I don’t know them and who do they think they are? But I wonder what I will say to my daughter when she is older and people make these comments. I wish I could raise my daughter where there are no dumb people that might make comments that will effect her but I know that is not possible. I guess part of my job as a mom is to teach her to take things with a grain of salt. So my plan is just to be honest and say there are just dumb people out there who think they have the right to talk about you even though they don’t know you and you should ignore them.
What do you think?