PRINCESS A SHOPS

shannon sutherland mom blog baby pack

There are no Twizzlers in Kansas.

I let Princess A push the cart when we went shopping for our trip to Kansas. She decided we needed tons of toilet paper and Twizzlers. When I said no she got upset in typical toddler fashion but lucky for her they have toilet paper and Twizzlers in Kansas.

Tags: , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “PRINCESS A SHOPS”

1. Francesca July 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM #

Just come up with this (surely silly) question: Are there kids-carts in the States? You know, carts just smaller for children.
    In Germany we have little carts which are designed like the normal but have kind of plastic-flags above so you know where the kid is.
    I´m not sure, if I already see a pic or something like that in an american movie. :-/

• Shannon July 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM #

Some stores have them. This one did not so I let her use the basket that had wheels on it.

• Francesca July 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM #

Ah. Now I learned another thing about the US. 🙂 I need more in-put. lol
        I think, more shops should have this carts. They´re great for kids. As long as you´re not the one, who have to put the things the little ones have collected back to the shelves. 😉

• Shannon July 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM #

NYC is very cramped so I just don’t think all stores have room for them 🙁 I see them in most stores in the Midwest.

• Megan July 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM #

As a Midwesterner, I see those carts in the smaller grocery stores. They can be great with practice. The first time I let my niece push one it was almost a disaster. But then it’s not much better when my husband has a bum foot and drives one of the motorized carts.

The bigger stores have the carts that are like cars and some have videos for the kids to watch. They don’t hold a whole lot though and they are VERY cumbersome to push.

• Shannon July 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM #

It is very difficult for the kids to push the carts. When I went to a store in LA with them I got so annoyed I just put Amelia in my cart

2. Melissa July 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM #

Her shopping habits just show she has very clear priorities. Twizzlers and toilet paper are 2 of life’s necessities.