NAPPING

cavalier king charles spaniel pooppeepuke

Napping like it’s going out of style

One of my favorite things to do is to nap with my dog. I don’t know what it is but naps are so much more restful when there is a dog farting in your face and hogging the bed.

Freckles is lucky because he gets to nap all day but he gets extra happy when the Husband or I nap with him. When one of us gets into bed he sighs and smiles. It is very cute.

And yes, my dog is sleeping with pillows and a blanket because he needs to be pampered after being picked on by Princess A all day!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “NAPPING”

1. Céline July 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM #

I like the picture. It’s beautiful

2. Karen Dent July 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM #

I love that picture! Freckles reminds me so much of Kalie. She loved to curl up with me and nap. She didn’t believe in sleeping on the floor (she actually refused to sit on any hard surface). She was a princess and we treated her like one. Guinness is still to much of a puppy to want to lay and nap with me. He thinks if I lay down with him it is play time.

• Shannon July 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM #

Kalie sounds like Freckles sister. Freckles has always wanted to nap with us. Even when he was 3 months old his favorite thing was to cuddle.

3. Francesca July 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM #

Very cute pic. :-)

JJ is the same (like Kalie). He rarely lay on the floor. But he don´t have to with a couch, an armchair and a lot of chairs (he has his own in the kitchen…). And of course the bed. I try to convince him to lay on his blanket on the floor, when he was new to the family. But he refused and I admit, its nice to have someone with me I can cuddle (and keep me warm in winter). And now he starts again to lay next to me like a human-child as he did at the beginning (instead curled against the hollow of my knee). So I can lay my arm around him or pet him before I lost consciousness. Whats mostly the case because (as you mentioned) dogs don´t care, if it could be impolite to fart. Or lay down backwards so one have there little butt in front of the face. Or a leg, because its fun to make sport in bed at 11 pm. And of course it doesn´t matter to wake up at 3am just to recognize, that the fu… er… I mean the little one lay in the middle of the bed or on the blanket and I can see, how I cover myself or find a place for myself to sleep. (As a good dog-mom I try to twist my limbs to not wake him… But just when I´m not too pissed off. Then I just try to gentle push him to the side of the bed and free my blanket from the 15-pounds-doggy.)
    And I whish, I could put him under the blanket. He want to lay on a soft surface. But don´t like it to be covered. Maybe I can convince him, that its nice to be under a blanket and get cuddled by me.

Opps… Novel. :-/

• Shannon July 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM #

Francesca you should show your dog this picture of Freckles. Maybe it would convince him :)

• Francesca July 18, 2012 at 6:51 AM #

Yeah, I could try. ;-)
        Or I hold him in a tight lock, when we lay in bed. Just kidding…

Sometimes he´s more like a cat. When he want to cuddle he comes and I have to fulfill his desires. Otherwise I´m air to him. And I let him, because I love to spoil him and he´s always there to soothe me, when I´m stirred up (then he curl himself or at least his head on my lap).

• Shannon July 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM #

He sounds so sweet :) at least he is there for you when you need him!

• Francesca July 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM #

You won´t believe it. But since my complaint JJ sleeps right at my side (almost like a human). The pic of Freckles works. ;-)

4. Karen Dent July 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM #

Kalie actually refused to sit on any hard surface. When we did puppy school she already knew all the commands at home, but refused to do them in class. We learned by accident that it was because the floor was too hard for her precious behind. Someone had left a dog pillow on the floor one day, and she sat as long as the pillow was behind her. No pillow, no sitting. We then watched at home and saw that if told to sit she would back up in “excitement” until her back feet hit the carpet, and then she would sit. If she needed to sit on a hard surface she actually “hovered” with her butt about an inch from the ground so it looked like she was sitting.
    I know, she was spoiled.

• Shannon July 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM #

OMG Kalie is a diva dog after my own heart!!!!!!!

5. Lara J July 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM #

Freckles is actually human. A little furry, but unmistakably human.

• Shannon July 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM #

I think he would agree with you on that one.