HI, I’M PRINCESS A AND I’M A STAIRAHOLIC

stairs obsession baby manhattan children's museum

I love stairs and stuffed animals!

We took Princess A to the Children’s Museum of Manhattan. There we tons of cool exhibits and toys. She was not interested in any of it. We walked into the Dora the Explorer exhibit and she grabbed a stuffed animal from the pretend jungle and ran with it to the stairs.

Next she went up and down the stairs for about 30 minutes. Every time we tried to get her to do something else, when we weren’t looking she ran back to the stairs. She hasn’t perfected them so we have to hold her hand while she goes down the stairs. This is very exhausting.

When she was at her grandparents Princess A did the exact same thing. They took her to the children’s museum and all she wanted to do was go up and down the stairs. We should have warned them! Why pay to go to a museum when your toddler would be just as happy holding a stuffed animal and climbing the stairs in your house?

Hopefully, she gets over this obsession soon because our whole family is tired! Maybe we should just buy her a stair master and make Freckles assist her?

What exhausting things were your kids obsessed with?

Tags: , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “HI, I’M PRINCESS A AND I’M A STAIRAHOLIC”

1. Lisanne July 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM #

My niece have to sleep with a kleenex box IN her bed, just in case…. She don’t want to go to sleep if she doesn’t have it!

• Shannon July 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM #

LOL, that sounds really cute!

2. Melissa July 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM #

Stairs were Nick’s thing too. We actually had to build a special type of barrier to keep him off them, but by the time he was the age of Princess A, he’d mastered that too. The funniest and not scary thing he had was the telephone. My mom had a rotary dial phone and he just couldn’t keep his little fingers off of it.
    Somewhere in the attic I have an adorable picture of him and the phone, I may try to dig it out in the cooler weather!

• Shannon July 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM #

Cool! We have no stairs in our apartment which is good and bad… Princess A tries to get her fix by climbing the bookcase.

3. Nadine July 11, 2012 at 5:02 AM #

Jaden was obsessed with light switches. All day he wanted to turn on and off the lights in the apartment.

• Shannon July 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM #

That sounds annoying! Princess A likes elevator buttons and if I forget to let her push it she gets so mad