DRUNK ADVICE

drunk mom advice

Sleeping off My Hangover on the train back to Manhattan

This is a picture of a very drunk me coming home from a friend’s wedding. I caught the bouquet and then The Husband proposed to me 2 months later so this all ended well.

I am not saying getting drunk is the most awesome thing you can do but sometimes I wish I could get the pearls of wisdom from my drunk self without getting drunk. This is impossible but here are a couple of the amazing things I have thought of while drunk and would tell my daughter minus the explanation of how I came up with these answers.

1. Drink but don’t get drunk.

2. Don’t hang out with people when you are drunk that you wouldn’t spend time with sober.

3. Have a friend take a video of you while you are drunk and watch it the next day. You might not drink so much next time.

4. Water is important.

5. Don’t drive, text, talk on the phone, update your twitter or facebook status, write an email, or anything else important after even a small glass of wine. Unless it is calling me. You can always call me no matter what you are doing.

6. Everyone loves you.

7. Random strangers can be fun to talk to and give you interesting advice just don’t talk to them for too long because they might steal your purse.

8. Always have an exit strategy.

9.Tomorrow is another day.

Tags: , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “DRUNK ADVICE”

1. Jenn July 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM #

And don’t forget these gems…

Bacon is ALWAYS a good idea.

Don’t fight it. Sometimes it’s better to let it come back up.

• Shannon July 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM #

Yes Bacon is always a good idea!!!!!

2. Francesca July 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM #

A very good drunk advive: Have at least one (or better two) friends with you. They could pick you up from the pavement, if you decide just to drop down. Not, that I ever would lay myself on the pavement or street… Or (allegedly! I still deny that ever happen) argue, if I lay lengthwise or across the way… (Because that would be silly, wouldn´t it?)

I´m the Happy drunk. Literally. When I drink something, I laugh. A lot. (Also when I eat sugar. But thats another story…)
    So one of the worst (and probably for my friends most annoying) things I do, when I have drink something: I laugh for hours and just sit (as in I drop down, because I can´t held myself up) on the ground (mostly because of the laughing).
    But at least I don´t say such things like “Let you hair jump” (like a good friend of me does once)…

• Shannon July 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM #

You sound like a fun drunk!!!!!! I become the smartest person alive when I am drunk!

3. Misty vanstory July 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM #

Haha! This is brilliant! Your too cool for school! 

4. Lisa July 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM #

hahaha this pic is awesome. Reminds me of myself over the wkend!! I enjoy a drink…or two…or three lol. When i’m drunk, i’m no diffrent when i’m sobber, i’m a happy go lucky chick, and the same when i’m drunk, and everytime i have a night out i meet so many awesome peeps and we add each other startight to fb lol and i have made some really great friends via that way. I love to belt out on karoke aswell….mind you i think i sound better when i’m drunk….don’t we all lol. And the truth…I’m one of the lucky ones who don’t get hangovers….only wanting to drink LOTS of water the next day. I don’t know why i don’t get hangovers, and i’m not worried hahaha. But i know as a mum myself, i’ll be telling cody the same as what you have listed lol.

• Shannon July 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM #

I am so jealous of you!!!!!!!! I get really bad hangovers 🙁

5. Melody July 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM #

Definitely good advice. I had to learn the hard way that yes, Long Island Iced Tea’s are nummy, but they are not your friend. One or two is my limit. It also kind of depends on who’s making them and how strong lol.

• Shannon July 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM #

I can’t handle long island iced teas lol!