ON THE SET OF AIM HIGH

aim high series jackson rathbone sheila hafsadi

Uncle J, Aunt Sheila, Princess A, myself, and a special delivery on board :)

While we were in LA we were lucky enough to stop by and see Uncle J on the set of Aim High. It was my first time on a set as well as Princess A’s. My daughter is so much cooler than me!!!!

I waited to post these pictures because I wanted to get a chance to watch Aim High. I finally watched it and I have to say I really love it. I’m a mom so I don’t have time to go to movie theaters. I use Netflix but I am so busy I have had the same movie for 2 months. I just don’t have time to watch a 2 hour movie. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be entertained!

I like Aim High because it has action for The Husband and it is funny for me. I only like to watch comedies and cartoons because I feel like real life is tough enough. The main reason we like Aim High is because the episodes are so short we can watch them during Princess A’s naps and still have time for a nap ourselves!

bread aim high jackson rathbone

I would like a big piece of bread please!

Anyway, back to being on set with Princess A. She could have cared less about where we were. All she wanted was a big piece of bread to hold. This is her new obsession and I don’t understand it because she never actually eats the food she just walks around like she has won some prize!

jackson rathbone aim high

If you come near my bread I will cut you!

She didn’t want anyone to come near her because she was afraid they would take her bread roll.

jackson rathbone aim high

Where’s Princess A?

Here is a nice picture of Uncle J alone because Princess A went off foraging for more bread.

cat puppy jackson rathbone aim high

PUPPY!

When we were done touring the set. Princess A screamed, “Puppy!”. I looked and there were a ton of cats. Princess A doesn’t understand the difference yet but she does understand that you have to earn a cat’s love unlike Freckles who will give dog kisses to anyone and everyone. Princess A spent the rest of our time chasing cats but never got to pet one. Don’t feel bad for her though… she shouldn’t be trying to cheat on Freckles!!!!

Disclaimer: Yes, I know Jackson Rathbone but I wouldn’t say I enjoy something unless I actually do. For example, I have only seen half of the first Twilight movie because the plane I was on landed before I was able to finish it. I haven’t seen the others because I have been busy with Princess A and as I stated before I only like funny movies!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

55 Responses to “ON THE SET OF AIM HIGH”

1. Jolijn June 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM #

Ahww! So cute!
    Looks like you’ve had tons of fun in there ^^,
    Sheila looks so good on that pic, what a lovely top does she wear, that are my fav colors haha ^^,

And princess a… <3 we saw a King Charles Spaniel puppy to day (on the internet, for sale) and I thought about Freckles hihi. But we have Jasper and one puppy is enough =)

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM #

I agree one puppy is enough!!!!! King Charles need so much attention they do best of they are the only dog in the house lol!

2. Amélie June 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM #

Thank you Shannon for sharing this with us.
    I like the pic to Princess A with Uncle J, she looks like as she wants to escape him, for not getting caught her piece of bread. lol!!
    You are all well tanned, and Sheila is beautiful, the pregnancy suits her well!! :)

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM #

Yes, all Princess A cares about is keeping her bread!!!! And I am jealous of Sheila. She looks way better than I did pregnant!

3. Karen Dent June 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM #

Damn I wished I looked that good while I was pregnant!
    Maybe Princess A could have lured the kitties to her with her bread, but then that would mean giving up the bread LOL! How she feels about bread, is how I feel about chocolate, except I eat it, and don’t just walk around with it. LOL!
    I will take your word for it that Aim High is good. I have heard great things, but the last I checked it wasn’t being shown in Canada. :(
    Now I need to know, how sad is it that Princess A, who is 1, leads a more exciting life than I do?

Karen

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM #

Me too! When I was that pregnant I was just miserable looking because I was miserable. Try and see if you can find Aim High on you tube. Also, the second season doesn’t come out for about 6 months but I have heard they are trying to make it available internationally as well!

• angmwe June 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM #

Karen, I live in Ontario and I was able to watch all the shows on Youtube. Check it out!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM #

HAHAHAHA I watched it on youtube as well because I am a slacker and didn’t watch it when it first came out.

4. Francesca June 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM #

That proved, that Princess A is really cool and knows her manners. ;-) A Movie-Set? Nice, but not a reason to act like a jerk. Because its childish, to freak out on a movie-set.
    And yes, I would totaly freak out, if I ever have the opportunity to visit one.^^ I´m a movie-fan and love “Behind the scenes”-stuff, while no one I know is interested in this. And I´m like “Didn´t you recognize, how great it is to see how they do all that? How much work it is?” and people look at me like “Er… Who cares? Just enjoy the film.”.
    I go to a “Lord of the Rings”-exhibition some years ago and all the time I was like “This is so cool. Did you see this coat? This is awesome. Look, there´s Legolas´ arrow.”. All the time I thought “I wanna touch all these things.”. lol
    I also watch the credits, when I watch a movie in the theaters (while the others in most cases already run out). So I enjoy the music and hundred of names all by myself…

Opps… Wrote too much again. Sorry. :-/
    I just begin to babble and rave over movies, when I just get a hint of something like that. Say ‘movie’ and you get a book from me…

P.S.: I know, that may sound very weird (and probably like apple-polishing). But my first thought, when I saw the pic of all was “Gosh, Sheila is so pretty.”. I think that everytime, when I see a pic of her. :-)
    Okay, I should stop writing now (before I´m proving, that I´m batty…).

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM #

You are not batty Francesca. Sheila is really pretty :) and my daughter is cool… so much cooler than me. I was so excited to be behind the scenes it was my first time on a set!

5. Angiedjw June 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM #

I love the picture with the bread. Your daughter is only slightly younger than mine, as I have mentioned to you before, and does that with bread too and sometimes french fries. It’s hysterical to watch. We keep trying to get her to eat it but nope, she won’t have anything to do with that,she just wants to hold it.
    Sucks that you had to put the disclaimer at the bottom. Some people suck. Anyway, keep bring the Princess and the fabulousness. Be you and screw them all!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM #

Thanks Angie! I just put the disclaimer because I wanted people to know that I like Aim High and I don’t like things just because my friends are in them lol

6. Shawna Kollath June 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM #

“I only like to watch comedies and cartoons because I feel like real life is tough enough.” I’m SO happy to come across someone else who feels this way!!!!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM #

And I am proud of it Shawna!

• Shawna Kollath June 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM #

Me too! It just puzzles some people, but that’s not my problem! LOL

7. Brianna June 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM #

Thank you for the pics of the set. Jackson and Sheila look very happy and she looks beautiful!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM #

You are welcome. I tried to take more but I had to chase Amelia and she was so fast because she really wanted to catch the cats!

8. Jennifer June 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM #

Looks like a fun day! Also I bet that’s gonna be one beautiful baby!!!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM #

It was a fun day and he will be very beautiful!

9. Lisanne June 26, 2012 at 6:27 PM #

Those are awesome pictures! Good one of J and Sheila! And I really don’t understand why toddlers do that with pieces of food like bread.. My 3 yeard old niece still does that but now she understand that you can put something on it, like butter and not just a little bit…. The more is the better for her!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM #

LOl… yeah I don’t get it. She just holds the bread like it is a stuffed animal. maybe when she learns to put stuff on it she will actually eat it.

10. Lara J June 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM #

WOW SHEILA LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!! Jay looks so happy and glowing! what an awesome picture. Your captions crack me up! the one about A and how she will cut someone who comes after her bread..lol!!!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM #

She will cut you if you come near her bread!!!!!! She has sharp nails lol!

11. angmwe June 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM #

Thank you for sharing your pictures. I have a cat and I can totally understand Princess A’s reaction to them lol.. I would be chasing after them too.

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM #

Yeah, hopefully she will learn to be calm around them so she can get close to them.

12. Melissa June 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM #

Incredible to see the behind the scenes stuff. Love Princess A’s obsession with bread. My guess is that it has to be the biggest piece she can get too. Love how she wants to play with all the puppies (even if they’re kitties). One day hopefully she’ll be able to get one close enough LOL.

As for your host, he and Sheila look wonderful and healthy. I have seen cows that looked better than I did before Nick was born, so it’s wonderful to see someone so healthy and relaxed at this stage.

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM #

Yes, hopefully Amelia will get close to a cat soon. The problem is when she sees an animal she gets so excited she screams and laughs really loud. Dogs love this but cats not so much!

13. Chrissy June 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM #

Wow, Princess A is rocking the movie sets now! She looks like she had a ball!

I wish I looked as good as Sheila at the end of either of my pregnancies. She’s still smiling and everything! At the end of mine I was basically begging the boys to get out because my hips hurt, my back hurt, I couldn’t sleep and I was just all out miserable. I’m not one of those peppy preggers though.

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM #

I wasn’t a peppy preggers lady either lol. If you look at my fb pics I stopped taking pictures at about 6 months!

• Chrissy June 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM #

Yea, I still took belly pics but I always cut out my face… mostly because I was scowling, crying or both. I was always jealous of those women who were like “Being pregnant is the best thing ever” because all I could think was “Ok, how much longer until I’m full term and can serve the eviction notice?”

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM #

I totally agree with you Chrissy!!!!!!!

14. snarkysarcasticbish June 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM #

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I have been waiting for this post, awesome freaking pics. Y’all better learn now that her bread is her bread and not to mess with it. I love her faces. Uncle J and Aunt Sheila look very relaxed and happy. I’m glad. Keep on having fun. Thanks sweetie for sharing all the pics that you have. Adorable.

15. Jenn June 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM #

Come visit me in North Dakota. I have the perfect kitty for Princess A to make friends with. As long as she has food in her hand, he will be her BFF (this is also the wineo kitty I talked about on an earlier comment).

Jay and Sheila look so happy! I don’t have kids, but I could only dream to look as amazing as she does while pregnant! Send them my love from the Dakotas!

You guy look like you enjoyed your recent trips! I’m so jealous…there’s not a lot to see here!

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM #

Princess A would love your cat because she loves to feed animals!!!!!!!!

16. Vicki June 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM #

Sheila does look wonderful, and from the picture, she looks like she’s carrying all up front like I did w/my son, except I DEFINITELY had a belly that was an inch or 2 out more (if not further!). She looks very happy despite being so pregnant in the summer (it hit freezing temperatures here in Ohio while I was pregnant, and I felt like it was 70 out!). Jackson looks like he’ll be a good daddy from the reactions he has to Princess A! Their baby is going to be so handsome! :)

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM #

Yes, summer in LA while pregnant would be so hard. I was pregnant in the NY winter and I thought that was hot as well lol.

17. Andie June 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM #

Lol my nephew was the same way with bread. In fact, one time he was taking bites off of a piece that were too big so I took it from him to tear off small pieces for him and he whipped me in the head with his Buzz Lightyear lol.

I love Princess A’s dress and she looks adorable as always and Sheila is so beautiful and she looks so cute and happy with her belly. I hope Jackson will share pictures of their beautiful little boy once he’s here. :)

• Shannon June 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM #

Amelia gets soooooo mad at me if I break her bread into small pieces. Kids are funny!

18. Missy June 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM #

It is such a toddler thing Josh has a MAJOR meltdown if Muffin gets ahold of his food.Josh is the same way with his.J and Sheila look so happy and pregnancy suits her.

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM #

Amelia shares all her food with Freckles except for large pieces of bread lol!

19. Céline June 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM #

I love the first and second picture. thanks for sharing this with us. Sheila is wonderful the pregnancy suits her well

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM #

You are very welcome Celine!

20. sonja June 27, 2012 at 3:05 AM #

Hi Shannon
    that is a really nice post :-). looks like you had a lot of fun :-)
    Give Princess a and Freckles a big hug from us!
    Sonja with the “Aussies” :-)

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM #

I will give him tons of hugs for you Sonja!!!!!!!

21. Ann-K June 27, 2012 at 3:21 AM #

Wow, Sheila looks great! I wish I had looked that good when I was pregnant. I looked like a walrus :D
    Looks like Princess A had a lot of fun on set.

I’ve been on set just once 14 years ago. I was a guest in a talkshow with my theater-group-mates and we performed something. But I think being on set is fun no matter what the set is for.

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM #

I looked like a walrus as well!

22. Wendy June 27, 2012 at 6:05 AM #

Looks like everyone had a good day
    I can’t get aim high here in Australia though I hear their working on that
    I love you blog it just makes me happy

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM #

They are working on it. Do you have youtube in Australia? I hear you can see it there.

23. Mandy June 27, 2012 at 7:51 AM #

In just about every picture Princess A looks like she is above all the hoopla of a set. She is not fazed at all. Thanks for sharing your adventure. All of you look good.

(just fyi- not every pregnancy is the same and I swear there is a difference between what gender you carry (in Korea my doc told me that having a girl means the girl will steal your beauty and make you ugly so that no other man wants you but their daddy. I blew up with my first- even my nose got fat. 2nd pregnancy it was all belly and boobs. So there is hope for those of us that looked like the beach whale first time around)

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM #

I never believed that you carry differently with different sexes but now that I am not pregnant and I see people who are having boys I am like, “Wow that’s a boy belly… the exact opposite of what I looked like.

24. Alexandra June 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM #

OMG that pictures are so cute, thanks for sharing!!!
    When I have time I like to read your blog and look at all the nice pictures of Princess A :), shes such a sweet girl!
    I think she would be very happy if Jackson and Sheilas baby is born, because then she has someone to snuggle and play with! Wish them all the best and also Princess A and you :)

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM #

Thank you. Yes she will have a lot of fun with their baby when he is born :)

25. Melody June 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM #

Awwww! First off, how cute is Princess A and her bread? My daughter is a bread fiend herself. Second, I know I don’t know Jackson or Sheila, but I am very excited and happy for them and can’t wait for their little one to arrive. She looks beautiful. Then again what pregnant woman isn’t beautiful? Thank you for sharing these pics with us. Well, all of your pics really.

• Shannon June 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM #

You are welcome. We should have a bread off with our kids lol.