BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS

breakfast cliffside nantucket

Yum Yum

Every morning our hotel, The Cliffside, had a continental breakfast. The coffee cake was to die for. In fact I would stay at this hotel just for the coffee cake!

hard boiled egg baby

I LOVE EGGS

They had hard boiled eggs there as well and we discovered that Princess A LOVES them. She would get very impatient with me as I took the shell off. She would probably have eaten the egg with the shell on it.

hard boiled egg baby

All done!

Princess A was so content when she finished her egg.

nantucket bagels

MA Bagels

Then she would have a bagel. I think she enjoys playing with bagels more than eating them.

bagel nantucket pooppeepuke

Exhibit A

I cook Princess A lunch and dinner. Breakfast is hard for me because I am a bad morning person. I usually just hand her a banana, yogurt cup, and let her go to town. She loved the hard boiled eggs so much I think I might starting making a batch of them a couple times a week and take the shells off ahead of time. Then I could just hand her an egg in the morning while I try to wake myself up.

Do you have any other ideas for a healthy but easy breakfast to serve Princess A. I think she is getting bored with the whole yogurt thing!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to “BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS”

1. Camilla (@Gamolie) June 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM #

I’d actually never thought of taking the shells off ahead of time, what a great idea! I’m going to start doing that.

• Shannon June 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM #

I never thought of it either but then again I never had a toddler who can’t talk and is starving scream at me because she wants her egg NOW and wants to eat the shell.

2. Jess June 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM #

I can’t remember the name but check into frozen pancakes. Warren loves them. 30 seconds in the microwave and poof breakfast. He’s a morning person and I’m not as well.

• Shannon June 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM #

Good and yummy idea! How do we get morning children when we hate the morning?!?!?!?! Shouldn’t be in their genes to hate mornings?

3. snarkysarcasticbish June 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM #

I freaking love frozen waffles, choc chip ones rule my world

4. Nadine June 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM #

Unfortunately I have no advice. :/
    I’m unable to get going in the morning.

• Shannon June 19, 2012 at 7:35 AM #

As I read this I am up and already tired. I really hate the morning!!!!!!!!!

5. Francesca June 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM #

I don´t have any breakfast-advices, sorry. 🙁
    We always skipped that at home (especially we were always late, when I was a kid and I´m just not hungry the first 2 hours after get up).
    I still skip breakfast (except for a lot of Cappuccino before I heading to work). But whats with othere fruits or so for Princess A? Don´t know, if she like other things like apples or so, too. And I´m not sure. If she don´t like the Joghurt she wouldn´t eat it, would she? I just know, that I really like Joghurt and so I think, everyone else must be too. (And yes, I know, thats not the case. But I don´t understand that.^^)

The reason I never get breakfast because we were late was… I never was a morning person as well. Get up early? Thats inhumane. 😉
    But my Mom always was the morning-type, while she have had hard times to get me out of bed. And I wondered all the years, how that can be: How can she be so ready in the morning, while I just want to hide unter the blanket and wish the school just closed for a month or so? I thought as well, that there´s must be something wrong with not passing this habit on to me.

• Shannon June 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM #

Amelia and I are the opposite. Princess A loves yogurt I just want to add some variation to her diet. She goes to bed early so she is starving in the morning and needs breakfast.

• Francesca June 19, 2012 at 3:07 PM #

Mhm… Didn´t consider that (that she goes to bed early).

What´s with a mix? I mean, if she get everyday a joghurt with slices of some other fruit. Or maybe with oatmeal (the flakes) or something similar. Unfortunately I´m not sure, what toddlers respectively princess A can eat. :-/

• Shannon June 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM #

She can eat basically all foods that we eat I just have to break them up into smaller pieces. She hates oatmeal. Right now we give her yogurt and now hard boiled eggs. We tried microwavable waffles which she loves too :).

• Francesca June 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM #

Just wonder, if I eat oatmeal. I can´t remember… I just come up with that, because its standing on my kitchen-counter and thought it could fit to joghurt.

But now I want waffles. 😀

• Shannon June 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM #

LOL me too!!!!!!

6. Mandy June 19, 2012 at 7:55 AM #

Just the mess of a bagel is making me nervous. But you look so cute A. I’m impressed you like hard-boiled eggs. Lil’s is not a fan…. so behold the wonders of making scrambled eggs in the microwave…. 2 eggs in less than a minute. (I’m not a morning person either! takes me an hour to get all cylinders going)

PS-sorry I haven’t commented in a while, you haven’t been forgotten… international moves are a pain!

• Shannon June 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM #

I can only imagine. I have only moved in the same city with a baby and that was hard enough.