SO WHAT?!?!?!?!

baby rainbow brite bib

Who says my bib can't be a cape?

Right now Princess A doesn’t care about what people think of her. If she wants to dance around and sing in public she does. If she wants to try and steal food off of other people’s plates she does. If she wants to get naked in public she does. And if she wants to wear her bib like a cape she does. She does not care what people think of her at all. She can also get away with this behaviour because well she’s a baby. The only other people who can get away with this kind of crazy are rock stars and honestly after being a mom for 15 months I can’t tell the difference between a baby and a heavy metal rock band’s party habits. Actually, I can… babies party way harder!

mom blog

This is how I sit so what?

While sometimes Princess A’s confident apathy for politeness or caring what people think can be annoying, most of the time it is refreshing to be around someone who has no filter and is too busy shouting and doing somersaults in public to be bothered by negativity. Yesterday, we were in animal class and a 5 year old boy started acting like an elephant. It was so cute I chuckled. He got upset, slouched, and stopped being an elephant. As soon as I realized this I told him I was laughing because his elephant act was so good. He didn’t believe me and thought I was making fun of him.

So I wonder at what age to kids become aware and start caring about other people’s opinions in regards to themselves? And is there anyway to keep some of a baby’s innocent “I don’t give a F***” attitude?

Tags: , , ,

12 Responses to “SO WHAT?!?!?!?!”

1. Sally June 14, 2012 at 4:00 PM #

I think that society has a preconceived notion that children are to be seen & not heard. As archaic as that sounds, people have kids for numerous reason which aren’t always the right ones. I raised my kids with the ability to question things they didn’t understand, to take life with a sense of humor, and to stand out as originals. Was this right? Who knows, but they have great values, have never been in trouble with the law, & are very well rounded. Tristan is being raised about the same way and is a great kid who does not hate, but rather accepts the differences in others. Not bad for a 12 year old boy.

• Shannon June 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM #

Your kids sound awesome! I will take your advice! And I think kids should be seen and heard!!!

• Melody June 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM #

I live with someone who has the children should be seen and not heard attitude, so I love it when my daughter has a fit and drives him nuts. Sorry dude, this fit can not be stopped. Just gotta let her ride it out. I figure, as long as the child isn’t disrupting much, than it isn’t a big deal. Especially when it’s a baby or toddler. I think a lot of people just don’t understand that the baby/toddler is learning and doesn’t quite understand everything yet.

• Shannon June 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM #

That’s very well said Melody. When Princess A throws her biggest tantrums it’s when she is trying to figure something out and fails. Right now she really wants to be able to go down stairs by herself but I have to help her and that really pisses her off lol

2. Bett June 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM #

I think the “no filter” experience our children have when they are new to this world is one of the most precious times in their existence! Party on Princess A … Party on 🙂

3. Dijana June 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM #

I have a lovely quote to ‘contribute’ to this post:
    “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” Mr. George Bernard Shaw knew what he was talking about 🙁

• Shannon June 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM #

I love Mr. Shaw and that quote! Thank You!

4. Melody June 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM #

I think any baby/child/person wearing a Rainbow Brite t-shirt is automatically a rock star. Seriously, I love Rainbow Brite. I never got to have the doll, but I had the board game.

• Shannon June 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM #

I didn’t have the doll either but I loved the TV Show!

5. Lara June 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM #

I love the cape! She looks very impressed with herself! Maybe she is a super hero like Daddy! Idk about how to keep the idgaf attitude. It happens with them all when they start noticing people are paying attention and care. I really hope she keeps the cape!

• Shannon June 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM #

Me too! Maybe she will be a superhero for Halloween this year!