BABY MULLET

baby mullet childrens fashion pooppeepuke

Party in the Back

Princess A is growing a lot of hair in the back but not so much in the front. It is starting to look like a baby mullet which I find hilarious! I need to find her a trucker hat.

With her longer hair she is starting to get knots and tangles. I don’t want to hurt her when I brush her hair and I don’t want to cut the tangles out. I have basically done nothing with Princess A’s hair for the past year because she had so little so I am very out of touch with what to do in the way of baby hair.

Any advice?

Tags: , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “BABY MULLET”

1. Melissa June 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM #

When you wash her hair, take your fingers and gently separate the snarls and knots and then comb with a wide tooth comb, like the ones everyone carried around in the 80’s. I had to do that for my kiddo because his hair was very soft and fine until he was about 3 or so.

2. Patti Geric Gossett (@pattiginpa) June 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM #

I always go back the good ole stand by Johnson’ No More Tangles. I still use it on myself. There are many incarnations of the product Finger combing or a large toothed comb are the best options.

• Shannon June 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM #

Thanks everyone. I have been using a soft baby brush because I didn’t want to hurt her but I will get a large toothed comb today 🙂

3. Camilla (@Gamolie) June 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM #

We use No More Tangles too (or the Target version of it). I also use a tee tree oil leave in conditioner to keep it untangled between.

• Shannon June 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM #

I use tea tree oil for my frizzy hair and have some now so thanks for the tip!

4. Chrissy June 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM #

For the tangles, Johnson & Johnson has a spray to make them easier to get through. If you want to do her hair, get some of those itty bitty hair ties (they look like the rubberbands they used to give for braces) and a small brush then pull the hair on top into a pony tail. It’s also cute to put it into pig tails. My mom used to do that with my sister’s hair, we called it her palm tree.

• Shannon June 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM #

That sounds cute.She has barely any hair up top so we will have to wait to do that. And I have to get the tangles out before I can style her hair!

5. Jordan June 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM #

Rayne has had a mullet since she started growing hair. Everyone makes fun of it. I think it looks pretty classy for a mullet. The front is straight hair, the back is wavy. Then on the top of her head she has about 10 hairs in one spot that are extremely curly. They look like little springs. It may be unusual but I think she pulls it off. Rayne didn’t like brushing her hair much (like me), so I’ve been thinking of getting her some of that detangling spray. I don’t know how well it works, but I’m gonna give it a try.

• Shannon June 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM #

Rayne’s hair sounds really cute!!!!! Amelia has a mullet but now she is getting a bit of a mohawk as well lol

6. Lisanne June 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM #

The plam tree is really easy to make and it’s a style that a little girls can wear a long time. Some hair ties even have little bows and stuff on it, and it’s really cute. My sister-in-law also do what she call Giraffe horns with my niece hair. She make two little ponytails on top of her head (each side) and then “fold” them and attach it again with hair ties.

• Shannon June 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM #

LOL Giraffe horns. I love it!!!!

• Lisanne June 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM #

That the only hair style that my niece accept to have, keep and that resist to her energy level. She want absolutely nothing in her hair, even if it fall in her face! If my sister-in-law puts anything else in her hair she pull on them and she sure don’t know how they work, so she hurting herself each time (and cry about it). She even sometimes make a tantrum just at the sight of it…. So that hair style is definetely high energy baby proof!

• Shannon June 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM #

Ok cool. Princess A is a high energy baby as well!!!

7. Mandy June 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM #

I would be interested in you doing a follow up post about what you’ve found that works. We have a frizz head with some curls in this house and I have no clue how to handle it. I just comb her hair when it’s wet… never use a brush… and just go with the flow. She surprisingly has a pretty tough head and doesn’t complain with combing as long as her hair is wet. I guess I should try some tea tree oil?

• Shannon June 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM #

I haven’t tried anything yet because this week has been crazy but I will do a follow up post!

8. Melody June 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM #

I just brush Amy’s hair with a comb really gentle until the knots are all out, then I can just do a quick comb through after. She’s finally gotten enough hair on the top ( yeah, full on mullet this one has lol) that I can put hair clips on her or put her hair up in a pony tail.