WHAT DOG?

cavalier-king-charles-spaniel-uppa-baby-stroller

Riding Dirty

Freckles is a major baby and Princess A already acts like his big sister. We love sneaking Freckles into stores by putting him in the storage basket of our Uppa Baby stroller. It helps me get everything done and Princess A thinks it’s hysterical. Freckles is allowed in Barnes and Nobles so I was really excited to take him and Princess A a couple of weeks because it was raining but guess what? Freckles is afraid of the tiles at Barnes and Nobles. So I ended up putting him in the top part of the stroller while Princess A walked next to us.
cavalier-king-charles-spaniel-uppa-baby-stroller-barnes-and noble

Finally I am getting treatment I deserve!

Don’t worry I know I am crazy. It’s just I love my dog and he has helped me through a lot of tough times so I want to include him. He would also rather be stuffed in the bottom of a stroller than to be alone. He cries whenever we leave the apartment which breaks our hearts. Also, I don’t have the time to walk the dog, take him home, then run errands, and then be home in time for Princess A’s nap. If I lived in the suburbs I would just keep Freckles in the car while I shopped. Actually, let’s be real… I would probably still sneak him into stores.

cavalier-king-charles-spaniel-uppa-baby-stroller-barnes-and-noble

What dog?

But look how cute he is! Dogs are not allowed in the lego play section of Barnes and Nobles so I put the shade of my stroller up and put a blanket on him it looks like my baby is just sleeping. Freckles is always very quiet when I do this. It’s as if he knows that if he barks the jig is up. People comment that I am brave to have a toddler and a newborn and I agree because Freckles acts like a newborn most of the time.

Do you like to sneak your pets into stores? If so what tricks do you use?

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

75 Responses to “WHAT DOG?”

1. Camilla (@Gamolie) June 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM #

I don’t but only because Elmo would never stay put and when he begs for attention (which is anytime he sees someone walk by), he makes the oddest noises. We call them his dolphin noises, but it almost sounds like he’s talking. If he stayed put and quiet, I’d be bringing him everywhere.

And I think it’s a lot nicer to bring him in with you than to leave him in a car, suburbs or city. 🙂

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM #

Yeah… i don’t think I could leave him in a car either now that I think of it more. Freckles is so quiet his nose just pokes out a bit and when peope notice they crack up and I ask them to be quiet and not blow my cover.

2. Francesca June 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM #

I wish I could “sneak” my dog into stores. The problem is, he´s hyperactiv and wouldn´t stay still if I put him in a stroller or anything else. 🙁
    What reminds me to ask, how you get it that Freckles act so quiet. Did you train him or so? Or did he just really knows, he should be a brave dog? I´m always stunned (and jealous…), when I read and saw pics, where Freckles just sit in the stroller and get push around. (Because usually I´m the one who get pull around.)

Several times I just took my JJ with me (in the mall, 1-€-Shops and of course pet-shops). He´s excited to be there. But that just mean I have to have an eye on him while I try to shop. So it would be great to know, if I can calm him down.
    I think, the problem could be that he´s a slightly 17-month-old Jack-Russell-Terrier…

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM #

I didn’t train Freckles to be quiet in the stroller. He is really attached to us and cries when we leave him so I think he knows if he doesn’t behave he gets left alone at home. Also, from my experience Jack Russells are very active. I had one as a child and don’t think he could of stayed in a stroller. Sorry I am not much help 🙁

• Francesca June 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM #

Mhm… I´m almost assumed that. :-/ Not, thats okay.
        You´re right. He´s very active and curious too.

JJ cries too, when I´ve to leave. But when I take him with me he don´t act like a proper educated dog (whats partly my failure, because I raised him more or less on the laissez-faire-method; plus he´s just really naughty^^). I have hoped, he would get it, that he shouldn´t act like he´s coming from hell, if he further want to accompany me.
        At least most of the time he like to ride the tram. So we do trips sometimes. And maybe he´ll be more well-behaved and quieter when he´s older. Say in 10 or 12 years… 😉

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM #

I hope he matures lol. We almost made my dog a therapy dog so the classes for that helped train him. But Freckles is a spaniel and they are known to be obsessed with their owners and easy to train because of it.

3. Tracy June 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM #

Ok.. that is so wrong.. They have “no dog allowed” rules for a reason. Do you not care about anyone but your self? Sheesh!

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM #

Yes, I care about my dog!

• Tracy June 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM #

yea but you have to remember there are other people who are extreamly allergic to dogs, and when you break a rule that’s disrespectful. There are many places to take your pets. If a store says no dogs allowed, please respect that. It’s rude and disrespectful. I understand you care about your pet and that’s fine, but repect the stores and the people in them. How would you feel if you went to a non smoking restraunt and sat outside and a guy came in and sat right next to you and pulled out a cigarette and blew smoke all over your daughter. But the guy not giving a crap bec he does not care and is getting away with it. You would be upset. I wouldn’t go around bragging that you sneak your dog in places. not a very smart move on your part.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM #

Tracy Erin, that happens all the time in NY and I usually leave or ask the person to stop. When people ask me to leave I do. But no one really cares because my dog went through therapy dog training and is hypoallergenic.

• Camilla (@Gamolie) June 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM #

If someone is allergic to my dog, they’re going to have a reaction to me whether my dog is there or not, we’re all covered in his fur and dander. And the post says dogs are allowed in B&N, so even if they’re preferred to be out of one section, the entire store would still have the allergens.

• Shannon June 6, 2012 at 7:00 AM #

Yes people with allergies usually sneeze around me even when I am not with my dog. NYC is very dog friendly so when most managers ect. discover freckles they just smile and say they don’t mind because he’s not running around peeing all over the store. Dogs are even allowed in a lot of NYC resturants. I have been asked to leave before and do. I don’t have a back yard that I can just let Freckles go to when he has to go to the bathroom. So this blog was meant to be cute and about how I have figured out to get the dog walked, baby fed, and home in time for her nap because when she was first born it was really tough and I was always having to ask neighbors to come over and watch her during her naps because Freckles had to pee really bad.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM #

Tracy, you and Erin have the same ip address. Are you room mates?

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM #

I cannot say how much I LOL’d here. That is all.

• Tracy June 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM #

Sure…. Why not..

• Melissa June 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM #

So do you also live inside the same head?

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM #

Again only this time I PMSL……. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4. Melissa June 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM #

We have a boxer/great dane. They don’t really make strollers that big LOL. I love how Freckles is a master at disguise! The best Charlie can manage is hiding behind dandelions. Which, doesn’t work, but he’ll never believe it.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM #

That sounds cute! I wish they made strollers for boxer/great danes. THAT would be the cutest thing ever!

5. Tracy June 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM #

And Melissa condor we all know why your sucking up to Shannon. You’re so hard up for jacskon it’s sickening! Your twitter name says it all but your looks don’t . We all know your sucking up to Shannon just to get info about Jackson as with all the other 2,00 real followers of her.

• Melissa June 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM #

Really? You do? Are you going to post nasty little comments to me on twitter and stuff? Seriously, my twitter name is hobee1971. What exactly do you think that means? Please inform me, because I know and I assure you it has nothing to do with Mr. Rathbone.

• emma June 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM #

Your username doesn’t have to mention Jackson: doesn’t mean you aren’t kissing this blog owner’s arse in hopes of feeling somewhat closer to him.

• Melissa June 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM #

Wow you know me so well! Where on earth did you get your information?

• emma June 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM #

Oh, please. Cut the shit. Why else would you be kissing Shannon’s arse? Oh, let me guess, because you’re SUCH good friends right?

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM #

Hun I suggest you chill your roll. When you get called out for stupidity and acting dumb, don’t get your panties in a wad. Just deal with it. Mel is a better person than you will ever be…… Looks???? Really you wanna get started on looks??? Don’t even try sweetheart.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM #

Tracy Erin, if you hate me so much and aren’t reading my blog to get information on Jackson Rathbone then why are you reading my blog? I would like to know so I can understand my demographic better 🙂

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM #

Well I read it to watch a child that isn’t mine grow up since I have been watching her grow up since she was teeny tiny. I also enjoy seeing you be your glam self. So that’s why I am here.

• Tracy June 5, 2012 at 8:55 PM #

What ever Katie, yea you have been reading her blog once she started posting Picts of Jackson bec you came around when she did! And what are you and Melissa twins? You look alike..

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 8:59 PM #

I was talking to Shannon LAST MAY!!!! Let me see, I am positive that was WELL before she started blogging. Get your story straight on me sweetie. BTW I have no issues if you think I look like Mel, but we are just friends. At least i’m not sharing a brain with anyone. LOL

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM #

They have different ip addresses. I knew Katie before I started my mom blog. And if she is using me I don’t care because I like her. I also like Melissa because she is a good writer so if she is using me I don’t care either because now I know about her blog.

• Melissa June 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM #

I have to admit, the fact you know Jackson actually was a deterrent for me. I didn’t initially follow you, but I started reading one day and found that I liked the way you look at life.

I appreciate all you give to us and the fact that you’re funny. I don’t have a daughter, so it’s fun to watch Princess A grow up.

If someone wants to think differently they can. I don’t ask you about Jackson, I don’t talk about him to you. We both know that and that’s all that matters.

If those ladies really knew anything, they would know that they spelled my name wrong.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM #

Thanks Melissa 🙂 that means a lot to me

6. Tracy June 5, 2012 at 8:56 PM #

By the way Shannon I dont hate you.. I just disagree with some of your actions. I like some of the stuff you post..

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM #

Thank you but you only comment when you are upset with me so it makes me feel like you hate me. Also, dogs are allowed in Barnes and Noble in Manhattan. They prefer them to not be in the lego section because a couple of dogs have eaten legos and been hospitalized.

7. Melissa June 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM #

Emma,

I’m going to say this and this is all I will say. No Shannon and I are not best friends. I’ve never met her in person, but I admire her strength and patience. I admire the fact she is admitting her flaws and learning to either correct her mistakes or live with things she can’t change. I like that she and her family adore each other and choose to share their lives with us in a small way. If more people were like Shannon and her family with kindness, compassion and loyalty then this world would be a much better place.

• emma June 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM #

Honey, everyone has flaws. I too have a family I adore, and there are a lot of people on this planet who have had children as well. Just because I don’t put all of this in a blog doesn’t make me any less honest as a person. There are a lot of people who won’t have a bad word said against this page because they are all Jackson-lovers, and I’m sure those people know EXACTLY who they are.. i don’t need to call them out on it.

Shannon, I don’t harbour any ill-feeling toward you, but I found it weird that initially, you were trying to coax people into reading your blog by promising pics of Jackson, which is not called typical ‘friend’ behavior. That is called using people, and in my eyes, and the eyes of many others, it’s not right. But hey, each to their own. Overall, I don’t have a problem with your blog, either.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:35 PM #

Everyone who is successful has gotten help from someone who is more successful than them. Again if you think I am using people stop reading my blog. Right now all your are doing is helping me get more traffic to my website.

• emma June 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM #

Wow, ok.
          How am I trafficking people towards your site by posting a few comments? Also, I don’t read your blog, partly because I don’t take great interest in what a one-year-old is wearing, or what clothes size you are. I came on to state my opinion on one or two blog entries, which is allowed, because I was told about these entries. That’s hardly following it religiously. You’re only getting up in arms about it because there are one or two of us who refuse to bow down to you like everyone else. If your blog is public, expect criticism.
          Don’t worry yourself, I won’t be posting again. I actually tried to be nice to you in my last response, but you got angry because I stated the obvious: that you were using a friend.
          Keep up that lovely attitude and I’m sure the followers will continue to soar…
          Later.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM #

I’m not angry and yes you were stating the obvious. I acknowledge the fact that I used a friend to get my blog out there. So?

8. snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM #

I am going to tell ya this once Shannon. I would never use you or anyone I consider a friend. And you are indeed a friend. I talk to ya cause you make me giggle. I have never wanted to use ya for anything except to see if that frame was still around, but other than that, you kick ass and I love ya. So I will keep reading ya and commenting. Sorry for blowing up your blog. LOL

9. Husband The June 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM #

I hate things!

10. The husband June 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM #

Holy crap! I hate things too! We should move in together!

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM #

we have the same ip address Husband so maybe we are already living together and don’t know it yet ?!?!?!?!?!

11. Notthesamepersonasthehusband June 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM #

I am someone else. I also hate things, so get moving and stop putting your dog where it don’t belong yo.

The Husband…wait I mean NOT The Husband

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM #

Damn now we know why I love y’all even more.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM #

what do you mean y’all???? i am alone right now.

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 9:26 PM #

And the fact that you are and talking to yourself is actually kinda scary. Bwhahahahahahhaha

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM #

honestly i am confused now. Once my husband got involved i got confused. I lied he is sitting right next to me lol

• Melissa June 5, 2012 at 9:29 PM #

I’m seriously giggling here! Thank you Husband, Shannon and notthehusbandaaron I needed one

12. Kelley A June 5, 2012 at 9:30 PM #

I’ve had to sneak my dog in a store once or twice because there was no way I was leaving him in the car. He was crated though because he would run around the store like a madman. Reading the other comments-yikes! There are so many creepy sites and people out there like a twitter that has made up having a child (hisonenitestand or something)- that it is nice to see someone truthfully celebrate their child and show both the negatives and positives of being a parent. Thanks!

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM #

Thank you Kelley, yeah, car aren’t safe for dogs especially in the summer!

13. snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM #

Geeze woman, I am so *facepalming* here. I LOVE ALL 3 OF YOU. Geeze, some days I am going to go insane. I cannot help it. My friend said are u sucking up and i said am i sucking u???? Yea I love my little typing snafus. That is all……

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM #

LOL I don’t think you are using me like I said before I was just trying to make a point.

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM #

It’s all good hunny. U can use me all u want, or I can use you, whatever makes us all happy and keeps the world going around.

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM #

True!

• Melissa June 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM #

Since we’re using people I vote that the single one of us use David Gandy!

14. Pirate June 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM #

Shannon,

First of all, I am using the name Pirate because I don’t want anyone to know who I am. (that includes the negative nellies, your supporters, your friends, or you…) My comments are being made with no intent of gain or “arse kissing”.

This is (I believe)the first time I have commented on your blog, though I have been reading it for a while. I wish I could tell you more specifically how long, but I just don’t keep up with dates and so forth. My husband reminds me of our childrens’ birthdays and our anniversary. I am a total fail when it comes to the “innate” motherly vibe.

Because I am totally lacking in your playful parenting style, I find your blog intriguing. I see things that Princess A does and I revel in your reactions. I remember my daughter and my son doing similar things (like hiding like little ninjas in the clothing when out shopping). You enjoyed the moment and captured it with the camera; I would have given them “the look” and they would have resumed shopping like miniature (sullen)adults.

This previous paragraph is not me putting you down. Quite the opposite actually. I wish I had been more carefree in the way I interacted with my children when they were younger. I wish I could have been a fun mother when they wanted me on the floor helping them build train tracks and such. It’s just not my personality. If my husband or parents had come to my house and found me on the floor playing (with anything) they would have assumed I had fallen and hit my head, HARD. This being the case, I find myself living vicariously through you and Princess A and loving every bloggin’ second of it. For that, I say Thank You!

You are an amazing mother and I appreciate you allowing me to enjoy your moments with your Princess.

I rambled on and on telling you all of this because I am irritated by the comments mentioned previously. I want you to know that you are followed, read, and appreciated for who you are, not for who you know (unless you want to consider yourself riding Princess A’s coat tails).

Now, I will go back to my shadows well hidden in the deepest corner and continue to joyously observe your interactions with Princess A. (and know that I am taking a walk on my wild side; I am not proofreading my post)

Enemies, Friends, Strangers, and Family… Gratitude!

• Shannon June 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM #

Thank you pirate that means a lot to me and made me smile! But I do feel like I am riding Princess A’s coat tails lol.

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM #

I have to admit that you totally are. But it’s okay since you like gave birth to her and all that jazz. LOL

15. snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM #

OKAY MEL, who is David Gandy????

• Melissa June 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM #

The model that I posted a picture of on Facebook. He’s a model and blogger. I think he still blogs for Vogue, but I’m not positive about that. He’s nice to look at though.

• snarkysarcasticbish June 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM #

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hehehehehe, yea we should use him. Use him a LOT…..

16. Amélie June 6, 2012 at 6:19 AM #

I admit that I have discovered your blog by Jackson and I thank him for that, because I love to read it each day. I have no kids, so it’s a great experience to learn about child and motherhood, and I love to watch Princess A grow up day by day, and I like to learn more fashion.
    And I also want to thank you because your blog helps me assume my feminity and to dress as I want, no matter what people may say!! So thank you so much!! 🙂

• Shannon June 6, 2012 at 6:52 AM #

Thanks Amelie that means a lot to me 🙂

17. Céline June 6, 2012 at 9:42 AM #

Perhaps it is thanks to Jackson that you’ve been discovered but people who say it is for you to advertise, they have not to come to your blog.
    Personally, I love it, love to see grow Princess A did not yet have any children and I learn a lot.
    Thank you for sharing with us your life, your hobbies and your passions

18. Karen Dent June 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM #

I like you and all of your personalities! I love reading this blog because it reminds me so much of when my kids were little. I admit I found this blog because Jackson told us to check it out. I checked it out and liked what I read so I stayed. I am not a puppet and Jackson isn’t my boss, so if I hadn’t liked what I read, I wouldn’t have stuck around. I like to think for myself sometimes LOL! I find myself laughing out loud sometimes about your posts, it is fun and brightens my day, so here I am.
    I don’t necessarily agree with everything you post, but guess what I then keep my opinions to myself. I am not the boss of the world (please don’t tell my kids that, I would lose a lot of authority), so if people do something differently than I would, good for them! (Now just because there is a post I don’t comment on, doesn’t mean I disagree, it just means I have nothing to say.)
    As for sneaking my dog in places, I have never done it. Only because Kalie was happier at home (she was a Jack Russell, and one of the world’s most calm, laid back dogs…alright she was lazy). Guinness is still working on manners. He has been to the dance studio several times, but other than that he likes being at home. To the point where he hates going for walks and tries to hide when I get out the leash to take him.

Karen

• Shannon June 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM #

Thanks Karen. I don’t care or expect everyone to agree with me but I hate it when people make remarks about my size, my daughter’s looks, or repeatedly say they hate my blog when no one is forcing them to read it. I am glad you liked it and have stayed! I wish my dog liked to be at home! He is such a momma’s boy

19. Marie June 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM #

So Jackson approves of the fact that you use him? I mean since you so willing and happily admitted to using him. That doesn’t seem like friendship to me.

• Shannon June 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM #

“I get by with a little help from my friends” ~The Beatles

• maybeTheHusband June 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM #

Since when is one friend helping another friend considered using?

Also, I want to complain that Shannon used me, but now we have a baby, so it turned out OK.

• Shannon June 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM #

I use you for your awesome hats as well

20. Karen Dent June 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM #

This may or may not be my last thoughts on this. For those concerned about Jackson being “used”, shouldn’t that be HIS concern. He is a big boy and can stand up for himself. If he had issues that he was being “used” by Shannon I don’t think he would have recommended this blog. Friends help friends, it is how the world works.

Karen (that’s my 2 cents, now that is Canadian money so take it for what you will).

• Shannon June 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM #

Isn’t Canadian money worth more than American… I assume every countries money is worth more than ours because our economy is so bad right now lol

• Karen Dent June 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM #

Right now it might be pretty close to par, or ours might be a little better. In the past American money was always worth more, it has been in the past few years that it has started to work in our favour. It is why it makes trips to the States to shop so worth it. You guys often have better selection and better prices. We try to head over to Buffalo a couple of times a year to shop. We are only about an hour from Niagara Falls, and 3 hours from Detroit.

• Shannon June 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM #

We know a lot of people who fly over from Europe to shop because even with the plane ticket and hotel it is cheaper than shoping in their country. I wish I could find a country with awesome selection that was cheap!