GRACE… BROUGHT TO YOU BY GRACE CODDINGTON

Originally posted on January 25th, 2012.
I watched The September Issue because I was initially interested in the editor of American Vogue, Anna Wintour. It is a documentary that shows the making of the September 2007 issue of American Vogue. I have a love hate relationship with Anna Wintour. I love her as a character ,meaning I would love to play her in a movie or play, but as a person and role model I don’t like her much. I feel like her view of women and fashion is very stringent! But then again as a comedian I find her antics hilarious!

What I didn’t expect was to fall in love with Grace Coddington. She is a model turned creative director of Vogue. I loved how she handled arguments with Anna Wintour with such grace… get it!I also love that she is proud of her frizzy red hair. If you reAd my previous post ,I am Frizzy and I Know it, you know that I am a little insecure about my hair. Seeing an important woman with crazy frizzy hair work next to the perfect bob that is Anna Wintour was refreshing.Here’s another fab picture of Grace Coddington! Here’s a thought… if all of us frizzy haired girls stopped buying anti-frizz and straightening products and instead put that money towards a charity with a good cause imagine the difference we could make!

If your still not convinced that frizzy and curly hair is awesome listen to this song from Sesame Street!

Go frizzy! Go frizzy! Go frizzy!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “GRACE… BROUGHT TO YOU BY GRACE CODDINGTON”

1. Star January 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM #

OMG! Love it!
    You are very inspiring…
    So glad I followed you, you’re AWESOMESAUCE!

2. Wendy January 26, 2012 at 5:07 AM #

Goodness, I love this post, the Sesame Street song really made me laugh.
    I have never heard of the two women you mention, but one person who’s hair I have always loved is Helena Bonham Carter. She inspires me and sometimes I’ve gone out somewhere looking a bit ‘wild’, but I love it and it defines me and my personality.
    I don’t use straighteners, I mostly use Herbal Essences Tousle-Me-Softly, its perfect. Keeps the frizz under control, but also keep the natural curls looking great.
    In the picture that I use on my Facebook page you can see the frizz, but I really don’t care. I’d spent the morning snorkeling in a lagoon with stingrays and other fish, then the salt water dried, then I floated lazily around a river and sat under a waterfall (more salt water), then that dried and then I went swimming with the dolphins with very dried, crusty, salty hair! LOL At that moment I was living my lifelong dream and I can honestly say that I felt happier there, in that photo than I had for years.
    I really enjoy your blog Shannon. I found this because Jackson linked to it, but I’m now reading this not because you are Jackson’s friend, but because I love what you have to say and its fun to read.
    I don’t respond to everything you write mostly because I don’t personally know the people you talk about in many posts. Yes, I have very briefly met and chatted to Jackson and Jerad, but that doesn’t mean that I know them as a personal friend would know them and it doesn’t give me the right to comment on their personal lives, so I try to avoid that.
    Anyway, I’ve babbled on enough. Thanks for making me smile and for a great blog.

• shannonsutherland January 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM #

That is so sweet Wendy. I love Helena as well and plan to do a post on her soon :)

• Wendy January 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM #

You’re welcome Shannon. :) Looking forward to reading the post on Helena. :)

3. Dijana January 26, 2012 at 6:26 AM #

I don’t like Anna Wintour. I don’t know her personally (and I don’t think that I would like to). She looks like she’s constantly constipated or has a bad smell under her nose. On another note, I like the frizzy lady Grace Coddington :) Us frizzies have to stick together!
    @ Wendy: Wendy, I love you! I love everyone who loves Helena Bonham Carter! Helena is my hero.

• shannonsutherland January 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM #

I love how you describe Anna Wintour lol!

• Wendy January 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM #

Dijana, you made me laugh with that comment about Anna Wintour! LOL
      Helena’s style is amazing. Who can forget the time she wore two different colour shoes on the Red Carpet! Loved it! :)

• shannonsutherland January 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM #

I loved and didn’t understand why everyone made such a big deal about it… it would be shocking if she didn’t where something really unique… that would be newsworthy

4. karen January 27, 2012 at 6:12 AM #

I have tight curly frizzy hairy too, but I just can’t let it go. I only use one product and have a wonderful hairdresser who knows how to cut curly hair got only $45…. compared to those “special curly styles” for $200.