PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY!

grocery shopping with baby

Let's Go!

I love taking Princess A grocery shopping.

baby shopping cart

I Can Shop All By Myself!

This time I decided to let Princess A do the grocery shopping and push her own cart.

baby shopping cart grocery store

Fun!

She was really proud of herself and had a lot of fun.

bumper cars baby shopping cart

Bumper Carts!

Unfortunately, We didn’t get much shopping done because she treated the cart like a bumper car.

toilet paper baby

Don't Forget the Toilet Paper

Princess A was still able to help me though. She reminded me that we needed toilet paper.

baby drum toilet paper

Do you like my beats?

Then she started beating on the toilet paper like they were drums. I love how toddlers can turn everything into a toy and find joy in the simple things!

Maybe in a couple of months we will try letting Princess A shop again? When do you think she will be ready to push a shopping cart?

Shoes- Saucony via Diapers.com

Jeans- 77kids

Sweater- Carter’s via Diapers.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY!”

1. Melissa May 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM #

I’m not sure I’m allowed to push my own cart yet. I’m always running over people or into things because I hate to shop…

2. Mandy May 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM #

Getting so big! And your store has soooo many “ethnic” sauces. I lead such a sheltered life with our tiny grocery store.

I think Lily finally got over the bumper cars at about 18 months. But at 2 she finally gets that she has to put things in the cart and not take off running down the aisle.

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM #

We live in NY so even the small grocery stores have tons of variety.

3. Amélie May 24, 2012 at 8:35 AM #

She seems so big with her cart!! So proud!! 😉
    That is true, it’s great to see that children can have fun with anything!! 🙂

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM #

She was having the time of her life!

4. Karen Dent May 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM #

Okay when I first took a quick glance at the pictures it looked like in the second picture she was shopping for Corona! I was wondering what type of party she was planning, then I realized she was deciding on a cart!
    I think my kids were around 18 months when they started pushing carts. Although I was still a little nervous when they got around glass bottles.
    I love how proud she looks with her cart!
    Karen

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM #

LOL… that would be funny. They put the carts near the beer and wine at my grocery store which now that I think of it is kind of weird.

• Beth May 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM #

I noticed she went right for the alcohol…lol. My kids are 5,6,7 & 8, and I still don’t let them push the cart because they still treat it like a bumper car. Cute pics
        though 🙂

• Karen Dent May 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM #

It is weird for me to see alcohol in a grocery store! You have to go to the beer store and/or the liquor store for alcohol.

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM #

Oh, I didn’t know that. In NY alcohol is sold right next to the bread!

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM #

Yeah, She enjoys sitting in the cart as well so I think I will stick to that.

• Karen Dent May 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM #

yeah in Canada, or at least Ontario alcohol can only be sold in licensed beer/liquor stores. It is all controlled by the liquor control board of Ontario (LCBO). Sometimes it would be more convenient to have it in the grocery stores!

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM #

I agree with that. If you are having a party it’s nice to get everything at one store.

5. Brianna May 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM #

That was adorable. One of the stores where I used to shop had little carts, but metal like the big ones. Because of this I didn’t let my oldest push it till she was four so she wouldn’t hurt herself. She loved it. I still let her help now as she likes getting the things off the shelf for me and put them in the big cart now that she is 7, but she doesn’t push the cart because it’s big and my five year old sits in the seat.

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM #

Yeah, one store near us has metal ones but I prefer the plastic ones because Princess A likes to bang her head against the carts lol

6. Megan May 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM #

My first reaction when reading this was very similar to Melissa’s. If I could leave my big ‘kid’ home it would make shopping easier except that he reaches the stuff on the higher shelves. But then again, I have issues with carts too.

I just did some grocery shopping today. I personally think it would be cool for them to somehow turn the seats around for the kids. I don’t know HOW it would work but it came to mind because there was a little girl, around Princess A’s age, who was turned around as much as she could be. She wanted to see where she was going, what mommy was doing, and what really good stuff was going into the cart. She was so curious.

I love her look of pride in the 3rd picture and then the look of determination in the ‘bumper cart’ picture.

• Shannon May 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM #

Thanks Meghan. I agree that they should face forward. Princess A is always trying to turn around!