CONFESSIONS OF AN OVERPACKER

packing cavalier king charles spaniel

This is Exhausting

I hate packing and I am horrible at it. I always wait till the last-minute and always over pack. This results in my clothes always ending up very wrinkled. Princess A on the other hand loves packing. She is always stuffing things into the suitcase which is cute but annoying because we do not need 20 Beanie Boos for our trip.

I do not want my clothes to be wrinkled for this trip. Any advice on how to pack a lot in a short amount of time without getting wrinkly clothes?

Tags: , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “CONFESSIONS OF AN OVERPACKER”

1. Jennifer May 22, 2012 at 9:24 AM #

My dad always rolls his stuff. He’s always going on short trips for the army and he has to fit work and relaxing clothes in a small carry-on. Fold your shirts, shorts, etc. then just roll them into thier own little “tube” Makes more room and things are less likely to wrinkle. Hope you have fun on your trip! 😉

• nan May 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM #

great minds think alike : )

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM #

Thanks Jennifer. I don’t know why I didn’t know about this rolling thing lol

2. nan May 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM #

roll everything into a sausage.i find things dont wrinkle that way and everything fits in nice and neat : ) works for me

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM #

Thanks Nan!

• nan May 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM #

you are welcome.let us know how you go with your clothes.: ) dont know when you are going but have a safe and exciting trip : ) take care

3. Mandy May 22, 2012 at 9:32 AM #

I always make a list ahead of time of what I need. Currently they are stored as drafts in my email because my email is always open and as soon as I think of something I can type it in. I grew up with a parent that was of the “better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have” philosophy… so there is always something packed that I don’t need.

Jennifer is right- rolling your clothes does work for wrinkles.

The container store has tons of travel organization things for clothes… my mom uses some for her stuff when she travels and they are AWESOME!

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM #

I never thought of rolling clothes. Great idea guys!

• nan May 22, 2012 at 2:38 PM #

seems we all do it: )aint ya glad you got us to consult lol ya know where to come for advice in future : )i saw it on a travel show. its brilliant x

4. Cupcake May 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM #

I travel a lot and I roll my clothes as tight as I can then stuff them in one of those vacuum space saver bags.I seriously pack like 5 outfits for everyday that i’m out of town, it’s bad. I also cram bags inside of bags. All of my shower stuff (shampoo, conditioner, ect) goes in a bag that goes into a bag of bathroom stuff (tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, all that good stuff), I find it keeps me more organized. I also pack stuff into my carry on, extra clothes, shoes, toothbrush and toothytabs, body spray, make up. You know, incase my luggage gets “misplaced”.

Also, it’s probably a little late for you, I make a list starting a week before of all the things that I use on a day to day basis and that helps rule out a lot of unnecessary things.

And as far a wrinkles go I buy a travel sized bottle of that “wrinkle release” stuff, I think Downey makes it, but I’m not 100% sure.

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM #

Yes. Great Idea I have wrinkle release… I should buy the travel size!

5. Camilla (@Gamolie) May 22, 2012 at 2:04 PM #

Yup, I roll, too. And I’m another one who packs an outfit for each day, an alternate outfit for each day, a just in case outfit for each day, and then two or three well I might change my mind and not want to wear any of that outfits.

My problem is finding room for shoes. I am totally obsessed with shoes, and I pack like 6 or 7 pairs of heels and a pair of boots, then wear my flip flops on the plane because they’re easy to take off for security.

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM #

Shoes are a problem for me as well! And I pack just like you!!!!

6. Lisa May 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM #

ROLL SHANNON lol tha was gonna be my answer aswell. What wld you do without us all lol.

Have a fantastic and exciting trip…looks like Freckles wants to go aswell 🙂

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM #

I wish he could go but he is too big to fly 🙁

7. Beth May 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM #

My theory is what I don’t have, I can always buy. Saves me a lot of stress.

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM #

Love it… an excuse to shop!