ICE SKATING

rainboots mermaid kidorable

Mermaid Rainboots

There is no correlation between this post and the picture above. The picture is of Princess A in her new mermaid rain boots from Kidorable and they make me happy. This post is about something that did not make me happy but made me laugh.

Yesterday after Princess A’s bet time bath it was naked time. Ever since Princess A got the diaper rash from hell, we have been giving her naked time for about 30 minutes in her nursery. She usually goes to the bathroom after diner and before her bath so we haven’t had any accidents since we started this ritual 2 months ago. Until NOW!

Princess A was playing with her zoo having fun. Then she was quiet and started laughing. I assumed she was laughing at her animals. Then I looked at her again and she was moving her legs and feet very fast and laughing. It looked like she was ice skating. Then she slipped fell on her back and instead of crying she cracked up.

I investigated the area and it was all wet. Princess A had peed everywhere and was now naked slipping and sliding in it. She had also peed on her baby couch so I took the slip cover off it and put it in the other room. Then I kicked Freckles out of her nursery so he wouldn’t drink her pee. Now where did I go wrong? I ask this every time I have a poop, pee, or puke story so other moms can learn from my mistakes.

I went wrong when I put the baby couch in our room without closing the door. Anyway, I cleaned up the pee and Princess A kept trying to stop me and play in her urine. Finally I stuck her in her crib so I could clean up the mess. She flipped out and cried like I have never seen her cry before. Yes, Princess A I am such a mean mommy because I will not let you ice skate in your own urine.

I put her to bed and then I went to go find Freckles. He was in his crate chewing something white and foamy. I didn’t know what it was. Then I freaked out and ran to our bedroom… NOT THE COUCH!!!!

But I was too late Freckles had eaten the part of the couch Princess A had peed on. I guess he was trying to help me clean?

I called the vet and she said it was non poisonous to dogs but since Freckles is sensitive he might get some diarrhea. Luckily, he did not. Maybe he is getting a tougher stomach from eating side-walk chalk and couches?

What is the craziest thing your dog or cat has eaten?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “ICE SKATING”

1. Jenn May 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM #

I have two cats. One will only eat cat food and lick the orange crap off of Cheetos and Doritos. The other once will eat literally anything. His favorites being chicken, ham, wine, beer and tomatoes. Smudge has also been known to eat dust bunnies, carpet lint and the other cat’s vomit. FUN!

• Shannon May 17, 2012 at 7:05 PM #

WINE. I want to see a drunk cat!

2. snarkysarcasticbish May 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM #

Rico eats everything. He loves cupcakes, tacos, especially if I was saving it for me to eat….. OMG you have such probs with that dog lmao. Oh my goodness, ice skating in urine is not a much fun as painting the walls with poop. Yea, its lots of fun……… NOT

• Shannon May 17, 2012 at 7:04 PM #

I hope Princess A skips that stage. Yes, Freckles is a HANDFUL

3. Lara May 17, 2012 at 5:49 PM #

My dog liked to get underwear and socks out of hamper. I’d see him dart across the room with something colorful in his mouth and after a while I caught on because he would go hide and chew it up. He also liked to find a string in the rug, carpet, or couch a d chew it up like floss which made stringy poop.

• Shannon May 17, 2012 at 7:04 PM #

hahahaha it’s so gross when it passes and you find it.

• Lara J May 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM #

yeah. multicolored string and the difficulty of getting it all to come out leads to them dragging their behinds on the ground. my dog couldn’t handle dog bones anymore after a while and he would throw them up and it would be weird foamy stuff. also them cleaning up their own mess after they’ve made it. doesn’t make me want to let them kiss me after that! no way lol!

• Shannon May 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM #

My dog does that to… I don’t get why they want to clean up their messes!

• Lara J May 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM #

yeah it’s really a gross habit and I wasn’t fast enough because it was an instant thing. Yay for being human!

4. Camilla (@Gamolie) May 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM #

Our dog eats anything. ANYTHING. But a few weeks ago he had a few days of insane diarrhea – including all over his sleeping area at 3 am – and finally he pooped out a full, intact pair of underwear. That’s the most recent. He’s also pooped out Kermit’s eye, a sparkling clean marble, the rabbit’s hay, multi color crayons, wood turned into shredded bark…

Oh and last night he decided to lick my husband’s back just after my husband applied Ben Gay. He flipped out, ran around the house sneezing and rubbing his nose… then came back for more. Smart, he ain’t.

• Shannon May 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM #

OMG your house sounds like mine. at least your dog doesn’t sleep in your bed like ours! We have had some gross experiences that way!

• Camilla (@Gamolie) May 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM #

The only reason he doesn’t is because of the eating thing, once he’s a little older I want to bring him in. My husband’s not so sure…

• Shannon May 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM #

I love sleeping with our dog but it was not pleasant waking up in a sick dog’s accident… and that is all I will say about that lol

5. Jordan May 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM #

First of all, those rain boots are awesome. Second, I’m glad I don’t have an inside dog at the moment. Rayne has a lot of these incidents. She just peed on her couch not too long ago. In order to wash it, I have to take off the cover, and take out all the pieces (it’s a fold out couch, so it has three large foams pieces). Since I have to leave the foam out in the open to dry while the cover goes in the wash, I know our dogs would tear them to shreds in minutes. I commend you for taking care of a young child AND a dog.

• Shannon May 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM #

Thanks Jordan. I think we have the same couch. Mine folds and has large foam pieces as well!

6. Jaclyn May 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM #

My mom and dad have a cat that likes to lick everything. Don’t know what it is? Lick it. He’s licked their wooden back deck, the cement front porch, cabinet doors, linoleum floors, the washer, the dryer, the stove, the dishwasher, socks, toes, shoes. He’s eaten celery, he tore open a bag of bread and ate the tops off every piece, peanut butter, grape jelly (Welch’s brand), I’m pretty sure he ate part of a Reese’s cup. He’s licked the juice off pieces of cantaloupe before. If you have something in your hand and he wants to know what it is, you do NOT let him sniff it unless you’re willing to share. My dad got a kick out of when he was licking the cantaloupe. It was from our garden, so at least there were no unknown chemicals in it.

• Shannon May 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM #

I can’t believe he had chocolate and didn’t get sick!

• Jaclyn May 22, 2012 at 10:49 PM #

He gets about a quarter cup of milk every night because of his “have to taste everything” habit. It makes sure any toxins get out of his system before they can start to cause any damage. And he licks so many things, he probably has the strongest stomach known to man!