SOKKA THE BIRD

bird sokka

Awwwww

SuperGlamFan Sarah sent me this cute picture of her pet bird Sokka. I would love to have a bird but my dog is a bird hunting dog so I don’t think things would end well. So I will live vicariously through other people’s cute pet birds.

Do you have a pet bird? If so feel free to send me pictures!

image via SuperGlamFan Sarah

Tags: , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “SOKKA THE BIRD”

1. Karen Dent May 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM #

My daughter has a pet canary named Carlisle that she got for Christmas 2 and a half years ago. He sings all the time. Thankfully it is a really pretty song. We are keeping our fingers crossed that our new puppy will be okay with him. We are getting a springer spaniel puppy on Friday. If there seems to be any problems we will move the bird to a higher location where Guinness won’t be able to reach him. The puppy will be kept with me at all times until he is house trained so he will never be alone in a room with the bird. The bird doesn’t get out of his cage either. We tried letting him fly around but he never wanted to come out.
    My aunt has a pet budgie that talks with a Scottish accent LOL! He is very friendly and follows them all over the house.

• Shannon May 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM #

OMG Karen I love everything you said… a springer spaniel name Guiness and a budgie that talks in a Scottish accent… so cute and funny!

2. Jess May 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM #

We don’t have pet birds but we do have ones that are practically family outside. A pair of mourning doves, they’ve been around for years, we’ve named them Marge and Homer. They will land within a few feet of us and not fly off because they know we won’t hurt them. Then there’s a cardinal pair that have been around a couple years, they’re named Red and Kitty. They’re more cautious but still come pretty close.

• Shannon May 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM #

We can get close to the pigeons because all the pigeons in NY are chubby and not scared of anything.

3. Lisa May 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM #

Spun out….i have a bird the exact same….but his name is Jasper, and he talks alot of crap and words i wish not to post on here lol. I love my Budgie lol.

• Shannon May 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM #

You guys make me want a budgie but I don’t think I could deal with bird poop, pee, and puke lol