ROMPERS AND JUMPSUITS?

jumpsuit romper summer trend

Like Daughter Like Mother

I do most of my shopping online. I also do a lot of my window shopping online. When I am having a bad day I just love looking at clothes online even if I don’t buy them. Lately, I have seen a ton of fashion brands selling rompers and jumpsuits. At first I thought I would never wear something like this because rompers are for babies. Now the trend is growing on me but I don’t know if I can pull it off. I am curvier than the models wearing these rompers so I think the only way I will be able to know if this trend looks good on me is to go to an actual store… IMAGINE!

Anyway, here are some of my favorite jumpsuits and rompers if you are ready to try this trend. Do you plan on wearing rompers and jumpsuits this summer? Or do you think they are better left to the babies?

1.Halter Romper by Dollhouse 2.Tribal Print Tube Jumpsuit by Arden B 3.Off the Shoulder Print Romper by Bebe 4.Sequin Shoulder Jumpsuit by Bebe 5.Stripe Button Front Romper by Arden B 6.Pleated V-Neck Jumpsuit by Bebe 7.Pleated Smock Print Jumpsuit by Bebe

images via Dollhouse.com Bebe.com and ArdenB.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “ROMPERS AND JUMPSUITS?”

1. Jordan May 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM #

I do the same thing. I’m always looking at clothes online. I don’t really like the romper/jumpsuit trend. It’s alright on some people, but it’s just not something I would wear. Rompers are easier to pull off I think, but I just can’t dig the jumpsuits. But I think since your style is more daring, you could probably pull it off. I don’t think it even matters what body type you are. I think your glam personality would just make you carry yourself well in such an outfit. It’s worth a try.

2. Beth May 16, 2012 at 2:57 PM #

Rompers just seem so 70s to me. This is one trend I’m going to pass on.

• Shannon May 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM #

They are 70s. I love wearing vintage looking stuff so I don’t care about that. I just don’t know if the shape on cut will work for me.

3. Camilla (@Gamolie) May 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM #

I don’t like it. I think even the models look dumpy in them. I think #6 I might like with a thicker belt, but the way it is she looks like she has a diaper on under it.

It’s definitely one I have to pass on for myself regardless, because I’m 4’11” an unmentionable number of pounds overweight and a 34H bra, and all of those work together to make a romper the most unflattering item of clothing ever for me. *lol*

• Shannon May 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM #

I’m not sure if anyone can pull it off. I have never seen anyone in real life wear one but when I online shop or look at fashion magazines these rompers are everywhere!

• Camilla (@Gamolie) May 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM #

Right after they became popular, I saw someone wearing one at a barbeque. It was a shorts one, and not a good look. I think the pants ones might be pulled ok on certain people.

• Shannon May 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM #

I tried the shorts one today and I felt naked so it did not work for me next I need to try the pants version.

4. Ann-K May 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM #

I actually like it but I think I’ll skip this trend. My silhouette is curvy too, especially around the hips and upper thigh. So I’d stick with shirts and a maxi-skirt.

Lillian has one romper… The one I’ve worn 26 years ago. It’s still so cute. 😀

• Shannon May 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM #

Yes, I am so undecided but I think it is cute but not sure if it is cute on me. I am going shopping this week so I will find out soon enough!