SIDE WALK DOG

smiling cavalier king charles spaniel

Why so Happy?

I am very happy because I found a park with a play ground that allows children and dogs. We go there every day so that Princess A can run around. Freckles likes it because he gets a lot of attention from the children. It’s a win/win for everyone and I am so happy I found this park.

Except for last week. Princess A was running around and a bunch of 5 year olds were petting Freckles. Then I looked down and something was in Freckles’ mouth. I tried to get him to open his mouth but he refused. I thought he had a piece of meat or food in his mouth but then a little boy said, “I gave him a piece of chalk so he could draw a picture but he’s just eating it.” Chalk?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously Freckles that’s what your holding onto for dear life as if you haven’t eaten in months? I tried really hard to get it out of his mouth. Eventually I gave up and started walking home. My plan was to bribe him with a treat when we got home.

On the walk home he made a weird swallowing sound and when I checked his mouth the chalk was gone but his teeth and mouth were green. Freckles had eaten all of the chalk in his mouth. I was grossed out but the first thing I did was call my vet. Luckily sidewalk chalk is non-toxic for dogs so I experienced no poop, pee, or puke that night.

dog eating side walk chalk

Green Teeth

Unfortunately, the chalk had stained his teeth green so I spent most of the night brushing his teeth but honestly I didn’t mind because I would rather brush teeth than deal with poop, pee, or puke any day!

Stay Glamorous,

Shannon Sutherland

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Responses to “SIDE WALK DOG”

  1. Karen Dent May 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM #

    I laughed, I know I should’t have, but well I can just picture this happening. I am one of those parents who taught my kids never give a dog anything. I never really thought of it as an issue until I had a dog who was allergic to everything. My kids learned from the time they could move that they give nothing to any dog, even a treat. You just never know if the dog could get sick from it.
    I was kind of hoping you were going to add that Freckles drew a work of art LOL!

    • Shannon May 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM #

      I wish he made art lol!!!! But instead he ate it. I am still shocked he didn’t get sick though because he is allergic to chicken.

  2. Mandy May 17, 2012 at 7:33 AM #

    Aww, freckles was the star of the play ground. They just wanted him to play with them. Thank goodness the chalk was non-toxic. My dog Dumplin’ used to eat any and everything. She once got a hold of something with turpentine on it, ear infection medicine, chocolate ice cream mix and now she’s a counter surfer who eats through the bag of her dog food, loves butter and anything else she can get a hold of. We spent so much money on that dog and her stomach problems… emergency vet visits, IV, meds. I think we had the vet on speed dial.

    • Shannon May 17, 2012 at 7:41 AM #

      Sounds like my house lol. We see the vet more than our people doctors.

  3. Céline May 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM #

    I love Freekckels. He is very beautiful.

Let's Make Some Noise!

%d bloggers like this: