ROMANTIC DINNER?

date night new york city mexican food

Romantic Dinner

Last night we went out for a date night. We went to a restaurant that a friend had recommended. They said it was really romantic. The food was amazing and we sat outside. It was really romantic except for…
construction date night new york city

Romantic View?

The huge construction site we were sitting next to. I actually didn’t notice this until half way through the meal when I posted an instagram picture of it and I got a lot of funny comments.

I guess that’s part of living in New York. You see so many weird things each day that nothing phases you.

Have any of you been to New York City? Do you have any fun stories?

Tags: , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “ROMANTIC DINNER?”

1. wendy May 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM #

I have never been to NY, but we have tons of that type of construction in downtown Cincinnati. I am looking forward to traveling there. I don’t travel often.. but this weekend I am going to Madison WI! :0)

• Shannon May 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM #

so Jealous!!!! Have fun!

2. Misty Vanstory May 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM #

I went there last year during fashion week and had a blast! We had two very funny experiences, one was the naked cowboy inappropriately dancing with me and my Friend in Times Square and the other were these two comedians barking at us, they were so hilarious we talked to them for a good 5-10 minutes. Had we not already had tickets for a play we would have totally gone to see them perform. The best part though was seeing all of the fashion in its core element and meeting designers like Michael Kors.

• Shannon May 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM #

So jealous you met Michael Kors. My husband runs a comedy room in Times Square so the comedians that were barking probably work for him. My husband has about 10 comedians in times square each night.

3. Mary Cate May 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM #

I’ve been to New York City twice in my life. I would love to go back. It’s one of my favourite cities. The first time I went, I was with my best friend from high school. Our parents had given us the money to go as graduation gifts. It was awesome. We got to see Mary Tyler Moore and Lynn Redgrave in an off-Broadway play which was amazing. That night, after the show, we were walking back to the hotel when all of a sudden I felt someone pinch my butt. I turned around and was surprised to see a kid, no older than 12, standing there grinning at me. I just gave him the stink eye and told him he should be at home in bed. Naturally he just laughed in my face.

The second time I went I was with my older brother Michael. It was his first time there and our first time travelling alone together without our parents. It’s a bitter sweet memory for since Michael has since passed away. We had so much fun. He surprised me with tickets to 2 different Broadway shows – Aspects of Love and The Music of Jerome Robbins. He also treated me to dinner at a wonderful Italian Restaurant. I had a blast. The only thing I didn’t like was the weather. We were there at the beginning of August and it was unbearably hot and humid. But other than that, it was truly one of the best trips I have ever been on. :)

• Shannon May 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM #

Yes, nyc is awesome but August is the worst month to visit. It’s hot and very crowded with tourists. I like Christmas time the best!

4. Jess May 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM #

My favorite NY story is actually my dad’s. He was chaperoning my choir trip. Gary Sinise waved to him as he was getting into his limo. Apparently both he, and our group were leaving a play at the same time. We saw Les Mis, not sure what he was seeing. Apparently he saw my dad looking, my dad waved, so he waved back and gave him a head nod and smile as he got in. My response was, where the heck was I?

We also ran into a couple Guardian Angels on the street as well. That was pretty cool, very nice guys. I can’t wait to go back someday, need to bring the kiddo.

• Shannon May 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM #

You def need to come back. I saw a play Gary Sinise was in and he was very good! It’s good to know he is nice as well.

5. Janelle May 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM #

I live here, so lol…seems construction is never ending these days…

• Shannon May 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM #

Agreed once they finish one thing the start construction on another grrrrr

6. Jen May 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM #

I have been to NYC a couple times, so fun! First time I was with my husband (then boyfriend) visiting his aunt & uncle. They treated us to a few plays, one was Rocky Horror Show and Luke Perry was sitting a couple rows a head of us and we were like wow! Then a few mins before the play was over we needed to get out so we could catch our train back to NJ, well Luke was leaving the same time and he stepped on my foot. I was like “wow, Luke Perry just stepped on my foot!” Then I was like “WTH, Luke Perry just stepped on my foot and didn’t apologize!” My husband just laughed at me and said that’s my NYC story and yes it is! :)
    Another time I went to visit my sister who was at Rutgers at the time. We decided to spend the night in NYC and get a makeover, go shopping and go to a club. After getting a makeover at Sephora we were all over the place trying to find outfits for the club that said dress to impress. It was hot, we were hungry and frustrated that we couldn’t find anything in our budget. So we got to one place and I had all this stuff in my arms of what I was going to get and my sister said “you’re getting all that!” and I snapped at her and then the next time she looked at me she saw I had nothing in my hands and then said “you looked at the price tags, didn’t you?” Then we started laughing and laughing so hard we were crying. We eventually found outfits and went to the club & found out there were not many people dressed to impress! :( But it was an adventure that we still laugh ourselves to tears talking about. She was also embarrassed that I was giving the NYC cab driver directions to the club.
    Think we are going to NJ to visit hubby’s aunt & uncle this summer and may make a trip into the city now that my daughter is a little older. Where to go with a 3 1/2 yo in the city? hmmm

• Shannon May 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM #

That Luke Perry story is hilarious!!!!As for stuff to do the Eloise tea at the Plaza is so fun. We just went to Central Park zoo which isn’t the best zoo but it’s small and easy for a kid to walk around. We just started doing stuff with Amelia so I will have to come up with some more ideas.