WHY POOP PEE PUKE?

I selected this post to be featured on Top Mommy Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

When I tell people the name of my blog I get one of two responses.

1- “Gross…. why would you name it that. People are going to think it’s a fetish website.”

2-“That is so funny. I love it. That’s my life. Wait till you start potty training your daughter… then there will be even more poop, pee, and puke.”

If people give the first response they are usually not parents. If they are parents they either have nannies or are lying. Or they are perfect and didn’t poop will pushing their baby out and breast feeding never hurt.  And guess what? I HATE YOU!

If they give me the second response I know immediately that they are cool and I want to be their friend.

If you would give me the first response let me tell you a little about babies and dogs that live together in small apartments. In the picture above Amelia and Freckles look innocent… almost too innocent…. like the cat that ate the canary innocent. And I would tell you that’s because they are.

Last night Amelia pooped in the bath tub for the fourth night in a row. I was bathing her and all the sudden the water turned brown and it was everywhere. I picked her up and put her on a towel on the ground and started cleaning out the bathtub but it was so bad I had to do a lot of scrubbing. While I was doing this Amelia crawled sans diaper into our bedroom. I heard a laugh and thought nothing of it but then I looked into our bedroom and Amelia had peed and there she was petting Freckles while he drank her pee like he hadn’t had anything to drink in months. Gross! Then while I was re-bathing Amelia I heard a splat and I hoped that it had nothing to do with poop, pee, or puke.

Unfortunately, when I inspected the sound it was Freckles. He suffers from dog acid reflux which causes him to puke up stomach bile whenever he eats something too acidic or doesn’t eat frequently enough. I remembered that I had forgotten to feed him that night and I guess pee is very acidic.

So I decided to ignore the puke and finish putting Amelia to bed. I grabbed Freckles, took him to the nursery, and shut the door. I had had enough poop. pee, and puke for one night and didn’t want Freckles to eat his own puke… which he has been known to do in the past.

When she was finally asleep I cleaned up the puke and started cracking up because I had dealt with poop, pee, and puke in a major way in less than an hour. I almost felt like they were punishing me for calling my blog “Poop Pee Puke”. I had some writing to do and wanted to feel glamorous and also be able to see so I put my Chanel glasses on.Here’s a side view of them… they have pearls on the side.

So if after you read this post you are like “Yes! Finally someone who gets me and is going through the same thing!”. I thank you and invite you to share in my journey of poop, pee, and puke.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to “WHY POOP PEE PUKE?”

1. Jennifer December 16, 2011 at 11:24 PM #

Stinks you were having one of those days but, man that’s funny!!! Happy to be a #2 hahaha!!!

• shannonsutherland December 16, 2011 at 11:35 PM #

Thanks Jennifer. It was funny but gross at the same time!

2. Brianna December 17, 2011 at 12:01 AM #

Absolutely loved this one! People just don’t get the poop, pee, and puke thing until they go through it. I have gone through it twice and both times had me wanting to cry and laugh at the same time just like u did last night. People who don’t get it, just don’t get it. We mommies and daddies do and that’s what matter. Good parents aren’t perfect, but our babies think we hang the moon and are perfect in every way that matters.

3. Katie Luvsonehundredmonkeys December 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM #

Well I have always said that until someone pees, pukes, or poops on ya, you aren’t a real parent. Yes all 3 of my kids have done all of the above on me, several times. Yay i’m now a parent.

4. Jenn December 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM #

Kinda love this…I am a single mom with two kids and three dogs…and the answer is yes…for sanity purposes I should have been institutionalized years ago…pretty much in three words you have summed up my entire last seven years of existence…case in point today it took me four hours…that’s right FOUR…to realize that somewhere between rushing to get everyone out the door this morning and cleaning up after my two year old who firmly believes that clothing and diapers are optional…even in 35 degree weather…I somehow stepped in poop while trying to clean up after one of the dogs…who no matter how long he stays outside feels that pooping inside is clearly what the cool dogs do…sigh

• shannonsutherland December 17, 2011 at 7:04 AM #

Ugh, sorry you had a tough morning Jenn. I walk around with puke on me all day sometimes and never notice.

5. Jens December 17, 2011 at 2:06 AM #

Wait till your daughter eats something she shouldn’t, and you have to dig through her poopie diapers to see if its passed.

That’s what happened with my 2 year old. She had an owl backpack hanging from a teacup hook on her wall. She pulled the hook out of the wall and ate it. Which resulted in a trip to the ER with my other daughter (who was 2 months at the time) in tote. They took x-rays, and told me it would pass, but I needed to thumb through her BM’s for the next few days. When it finally passed I was so excited I got up, did a happy dance (no more diggin’ through shit for me), and in my complete and udder joy, I stepped on my 2 yr olds glasses and broke them. Whew! What a day!!! Ah, the joys of parenting. HA HA!

• shannonsutherland December 17, 2011 at 7:06 AM #

Jens, OMG that is so funny. That has happened to our dog. He ate a bunch of paper clips and they did xrays and said it would pass. It took a week and we had to go through every poop.

6. Ann-K December 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM #

1st: I love the name of your blog…
    2nd: You have my utmost respect for not freaking out after so much poop, pee & puke
    3rd: I know how you feel. 😉

Your blog is great!
    Greetings from Germany,
    Ann-K & Lillian (21 months)

• shannonsutherland December 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM #

Thank you Ann and Lillian… I have always wanted to go to Germany!

7. Sarah May 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM #

I know how you feel. I don’t have a baby but I have a bird who always poop on my laptop or my phone. Next time I’ll take a picture of it and send it to you 😛

You wanna come to Germany? Come to Cologne. Best city ever! Plus we could hang out, I could show you some cool and glamourous places. 😉

Much love & respect from Germany,
    Sarah. <3

• Shannon May 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM #

I actually went to Cologne as a child and loved it. But I need to go back because I don’t remember the whole trip.

• Sarah May 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM #

You’re very welcome to come here. I’d love to show you everything again.

8. Kim May 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM #

I’ve been there. My husband has a strong gag reflex so any poop pee or puke is usually cleaned by me. The best was the time my husband cut his thumb and needed stitches. In the ER with a 4yr and 8mth old and the 8mth decides to have one of the poops that goes up the front and back. There I am trying to clean him up with no change of clothes,(left house quicky),one diaper and limited wipe. All the while the 4yr is going “eewww that’s really gross and smells” Husband come out with his stiches and says, “you ready to go, what’s taking so long”. Really. and people wonder why we drink.
    Love your blog
    Kim

• Shannon May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM #

hahahahahaha yes drinking really helps!

9. Jordan May 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM #

I love the name of your blog. It captures the trials of mothering a young child perfectly. It’s so nice to read a blog that doesn’t try to pretend motherhood is just peachy and perfect. It’s real and honest! And any real mom has experienced at least one of those days. In fact, if you’re a mom and you haven’t been covered in poop, pee or puke, you aren’t doing it right. I just absolutely adore you and your blog! And of course your beautiful daughter as well!

• Shannon May 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM #

Thanks Jordan!!! That means a lot to me. And it is always nice to meet another real mom.

10. Vicki May 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM #

Love this blog so much more now that I’m officially a mommy of a newborn and we have a dog too. My husband used to ask why I read a mom blog prior to having our son, and I said “because I think it’ll make me feel better about some things once he’s here…” sure enough, the first time our son turned on his automatic sprinkler function, pooped on the changing pad cover & spat up all at the same time – he looked over at me and said “Pooppeepuke.com huh? Makes sense…”

• Shannon May 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM #

Love it sooooo much. That is exactly why I named my blog PoopPeePuke. Congrats on your new son and all the poop, pee, and puke is worth it because you’re a mom know and that’s the most amazing thing in the world!

11. Vicki May 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM #

Oh, and another couple of things: breastfeeding DOES hurt, I had my son via c-section though – so my milk came in late, he didn’t want to latch, and when he did he was disinterested and/or would nap and not want to wake back up… after lots of trials – I’m a bottle feeding mom too. I also get peed on more than I’d like to admit – one of the fun hazards of having a boy. Been pooped on, spat up on etc too… I get it now. Oh, and I’ve also cried by the end of my first day alone w/him and I’ve fallen asleep w/him awake in his bassinet – sheer exhaustion. I really appreciate having this blog to read including some of the comments – makes it easier on a new mom 🙂

• Shannon May 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM #

Main thing don’t be hard on yourself. You are doing a better job than you think. I got peed on a lot but I heard boys are worse!!!! I am writing a post soon about the bottle feeding stigma moms experience but it is taking me forever because a felt so judged. But just so you know my daughter has reached every developmental milestone early and is in the 50% on weight and height so the whole bottle feeding baby’s are fat and dumb myth is not true!

12. Mandy May 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM #

The Triple P! We had our first experience with pooping in the bath just 2 weeks ago. Daddy put the 2 year old in the water and as we got the 5 month old ready to join I noticed a floater. Daddy said “uh oh, doo doo ball in the pool, every body out.” We were kind of surprised it took so long for this life experience to occur. So I officially feel for you. We do however deal with the triple p’s on a daily basis and we like having your blog to laugh out and realize we aren’t suffering alone.

As far as your bottle feeding blog… do it! Don’t feel judged. I am a breast feeding mom, a former mother-baby and pediatric intensive care nurse, and I truly believe that no one should be judged for taking care of their child the way they feel fits best in their lives. There’s been an article circulating lately about how all the granola moms are throwing back feminism… how if you don’t stay home, cloth diaper, breast feed, make your own organic food, etc how you’re a bad mom…. and we need more people to say that it’s just not true. As long as you do the best you can, it shouldn’t matter.

• Shannon May 8, 2012 at 7:24 AM #

Thanks Mandy!!!! It’s hard out there for a bottle feeding mom lol. I also can’t believe you didn’t have a poop in the tub incident until now.

13. Céline May 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM #

I like the picture with Princess A and Freeckles and too the two pictures whith you.