HELP AUNT STACEY

AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY RELAY FOR LIFE

Help Aunt Stacey Help Others

Unfortunately, cancer has been a part of my life from a very young age. When I was very young our neighbor died of leukemia. When I was in college my a childhood friend died of cancer and my high school friend Spencer Bell died as well. In 2009, my cousin passed from colon cancer. Right now our good family friend ,Pat Ramsey, is fighting pancreatic cancer. It’s a lot of people and there’s no way to describe it except that cancer sucks.

That’s why I was really happy when my sister aka Aunt Stacey told me she was participating in American Cancer Society’s 2012 Relay for Life. I am really proud of her for participating in this event. Her goal is to raise $500 for the American Cancer Society.

To read more about Relay For Life or to Donate please ClICK HERE.

Tags: , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “HELP AUNT STACEY”

1. Jess May 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM #

Cancer is the devil. My mom, aunt, and cousin have all had breast cancer. My aunt actually had it twice. Another cousin has had testicular cancer, at age 21. My uncle had stomach cancer that turned into lymphoma that killed him, my grandpa died of lung cancer, and my grandma has had colon cancer…yeah I understand completely the crapiness of cancer. I have been tested for the brca 1 gene and miraculously don’t have it. Which means I go from a very high risk of getting breast cancer, to the average person’s risk. It also means that my son, and any future children will not have the gene either.

Cancer is evil and needs to be destroyed, hopefully this will happen in my life time but I doubt it.

• Shannon May 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM #

Agreed! But I am happy people get together for these events. I need to find one in NYC!

2. Camilla (@Gamolie) May 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM #

How wonderful of her to participate, I wish her the best!

3. Mary Cate May 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM #

Cancer has hit my family hard – my father, grandfather, 2 aunts & 2 uncles, a cousin and 2 of my Mom’s good friends all died from it. It’s a horrible disease. Thank you to your sister for participating in this great cause. She’s got my support for sure. My donation has been made. Wish her luck from me. 🙂

• Shannon May 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM #

Thanks Mary! I saw that you donated and was so happy! I will tell her good luck from you!

4. Lisa May 5, 2012 at 1:49 AM #

In australia we have relay for life and a bunch of us from my old work did it last november. My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer two days before my son’s 4th bitrthday this yr in febuary.It’s an awful diesase and i HATE IT!!! I watch my mum suffer and it hurts cause i can’t do anything about it and it makes me sad. My sister in laws granny also has cancer and has been giving 6mths to live. She also had breast cancer and now has spread to her lungs. So we are all getting together this year and doing relay for life again, and my mum said she will join in aswell if she can. It is such a great event and when you do an all nighter you meet so many survives, suffers, and people who just want to do it. You even hear happy storys and the sad, but that is what gets you through the event. I wish your sister great luck and i might pop into the site and make a donation aswell. Such a great event to be apart of and proud of. 🙂

• Shannon May 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM #

So good to hear your story even though it is sad. I’ll say it again but cancer sucks. I didn’t know they have this event in Australia as well.

5. Lisa May 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM #

yea cancer does suck. Sure do have Relay for Life in Australia 🙂 We got giving a shirt and drink bottle aswell…The shirts purple and white and so is the drink bottle. I should post a pic of them 🙂

• Shannon May 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM #

you should or email me and I will put it on my blog eventually lol. I am very backed up right now.

6. Lisa May 5, 2012 at 9:02 AM #

ok cool i’ll take a photo of them tomorrow morning and post it on your facebook page to make it easy for you lol

7. Jenn May 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM #

I love it when I see people who support the same cause I am very passionate about! I am also relaying here in North Dakota. I’m actually a member of our Relay For Life Committee (we’re in charge of the show!!!). If you get the chance to participate on a team, or just to show up to support, I can definitely say that you will leave feeling very moved!

• Shannon May 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM #

Good luck at the relay!!!