DADDY DAUGHTER WALK

dad daughter walking

Daddy and Princess A

Princess A worships her daddy. When his office door is closed she bangs on it but when he opens it she runs away laughing. She already has him wrapped around her finger.

Princess A also likes to steal his hats and Star Wars figures. She is obsessed with R2D2. The second we get home from playgroup She runs to his desk and looks for him. If he is not there sitting in his chair she gets upset because in her world daddy just sits at his desk all day waiting for her to walk in!

butterfly kisses

Gross Dad!

That’s why it’s funny when she acts like she doesn’t care about him and turns away when he kisses her.

This week was really exciting because The Husband taught Princess A to touch her nose and eyes. One day soon we will have the whole “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” song down!

daddy daughter

Fun!!!!

Part of the reason I fell in love with The Husband is because I thought he would be an awesome dad and guess what? He is! I can’t wait for Amelia and The Husband to have daddy and daughter days. And not just because I want to get a mani/pedi!

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of my Dad taking me to orchestra concerts. What are your favorite daddy daughter memories from your childhood?

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “DADDY DAUGHTER WALK”

1. Amélie May 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM #

Awww… These are such pretty pictures! So touching!

The song “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” reminds me, my first English’s lessons at primary school!! (Good memories!!) 😉

• Shannon May 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM #

Cool, that would be a good song for kids to learn with. Amelia loves it!!!! She just gets confused on which are her knees and which are her toes lol

• Amélie May 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM #

English’s song for kids it’s a good way for them to learn a little of English vocabulary while having fun. I love English’s songs for kids!! 😉
        Oh…it’s cute, she’ll learn growing up!!

2. M. May 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM #

Best Daddy/daughter-memory:

Bedtime stories about sioux-chief’s son ‘Little Eagle-Eye’…
    He made them up while telling, falling to sleep himself…
    The five-year-old me always waking him up: “What happens next, Daddy?!? You mustn’t sleep!!!”

*sniff, sigh* Could I have just one more day being a five-year-old…?

• Shannon May 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM #

I know right?!?!?!?! that is funny that he fell asleep during the story lol!

• M. May 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM #

Me old man and me are really close. Today was THE day for him – he retired. So there was a detailed report of his ‘last day at work’ instead of an indian/cowboy-bedtime-story…

But – as improvement – there was whisky! 😉

3. Karen Dent May 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM #

I love seeing these pictures of Princess A with her daddy. The father/daughter relationship is a special one. I have so many memories of times with my Dad. I used to love going fishing with him, and the talks we would have. I loved when he would come pick me up from university to go home for the weekend. We would have 3 hours of just us to talk. He always found ways to surprise us and help us realize how much he loved us. He wasn’t a man who was overly demonstrative or always saying “I love you” it was the small things he did. We had a lot of laughter in my house while growing up. I think that was one of the most valuable gifts he could have given us. My dad died in Dec 2002. When we knew the end was near he sat down with me and we had a long heartfelt talk. We cried together, and it is one of my most cherished memories. I had told my dad if I ever had a son I would name him David after him. Almost 10 months to the day after my Dad died my son David was born.

• Shannon May 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM #

Such a sad/happy heartfelt story. I went on a fishing trip with my dad once it was fun. I agree the small things and talks are the most awesome!

4. Lisanne May 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM #

During most of my childhood, my dad was a milkman. He had is own company and is own truck. Mostly each evening, he would take me, in his truck, to his storehouse. He would arrange his next day orders, so he would’nt have to do it early in the morning and could help my mom taking care of me and my siblings in the morning. I would “help” him, the best I could (a crate of milk pints is really heavy…!)and he would also teach me of to drive a truck (very feminine, heh!). ” A truck is like a big manual car with two levels of gear”, he would say. I’ve never really driven a truck by myself but I have good memories of him and me, during those days : me being so little on the passenger seat that only my feets would stick up from the seat, seeing almost nothing since the window was to high, me driving the truck and shifting the gear…

• Shannon May 3, 2012 at 1:27 PM #

Such a cool story Lisane!

5. Melody May 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM #

Awwww! Such a good daddy. My daughter and her daddy have a good bond as well. She’s gotten to the point now where she gets upset when he goes to work. As far as my favorite father daughter memory growing up, I would say after my mom and dad got divorced. I know for most people it’s hard and there were some tough moments, but that’s when my dad and I bonded the most. He always tried to plan something fun for us to do when I stayed with him.

• Shannon May 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM #

That’s so awesome you got closer after the divorce. I don’t know what I will do when Princess A realizes that daddy goes to work. Now she sleeps so much she doesn’t know.

6. Claire May 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM #

I have so many favourite memories of my childhoowith my dad but one of my favourite moments was when i was pregnant with my son and i had separated from my partner. I had so many trips to the hospital because of placenta previaacomplications and my dad took me everytime without a problem and even made me laugh whilst waiting. Its amazing how he could balance a clean bed pan on his head. Lol. Dads are special shannon. So i understand yor love for the husband and princess a. Its a really neat thing. Claire

• Shannon May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM #

Thanks Claire. That’s awesome that your dad was so supportive!!!