SLEEPING IS AWESOME

I Love to Sleep

Sleep is my Favorite Activity

I love to sleep which would surprise many people because I don’t get a lot of it.

Over the weekend Princess A went on vacation at her grandparent’s house. This was the first time that she went to their house since October. Usually, when she goes to her vacation home the Husband and I wake up early and do tons of stuff. This time we spent the first day cleaning and the second day we didn’t set our alarm clocks. I slept until 10. It was amazing and the first time I had slept that late since Princess A was born. I woke up so refreshed and happy. Then we went out for lunch and walked around. We came home at 3 and we took another 2 hour nap. It was pure bliss!!!

Next time Princess A goes on vacation I am definitely taking a staycation and sleeping a lot. Thanks again to my in-laws for giving us a much needed break!

What do you like to do when your children are away or you have time off from work?

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “SLEEPING IS AWESOME”

1. Jess April 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM #

What is this alone time you speak of? *Hasn’t had that in…I cannot remember*

• Shannon April 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM #

LOL, I am very lucky to have grandparents close by.

• Jess April 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM #

We live with my parents so I’m never alone, ever lol.

• Shannon April 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM #

Oh I see. I guess it’s ideal to have grandparents nearby but not too nearby lol

2. Jennifer April 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM #

The in-laws live an hour away since we’ve moved to PA. In the past year and a half since we moved my husband has taken both kids twice and given me the weekend alone. I always sleep in!!! But the house usually gets cleaned the first day they’re gone. Then I sit around and talk to the dog because i’m bored/lonely. 🙂

• Shannon April 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM #

Sounds like me. I clean the 1st day then clean. And I cuddle with my dog a lot as well!

3. clochette191 April 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM #

i sleep too !!! I go to the cinema and restaurant with my husband. It’s rarely moment . The quiet is very good but i miss their cries. I know : i’m acrazy… no just a mom.

• Shannon April 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM #

Yes, you aren’t crazy just a mom! I missed Amelia tons but I needed the break for my sanity.

4. Jordan April 30, 2012 at 6:07 PM #

Sleeping in till 10 AND a 2 hour nap?!?! I could only dream of such things! Rayne goes to see her grandma usually one night a week. By the time she leaves, all I want to do is lay in bed, read, blog and do absolutely nothing until I fall asleep. When morning rolls around I hurry to clean up before she gets home. She’s only gone for 12-18 hours at most, but I miss her so much when she’s gone I hardly know what to do with myself!

• Shannon April 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM #

I missed Amelia as well but I really needed the sleep!!!

5. Melody May 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM #

When my daughter visits my mom, my fiance and I usually do house cleaning. Although sometimes we just say screw it and relax.

• Shannon May 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM #