BABIES ARE SO VAIN

Aunt Stacey took this picture of Princess A. Even though we were at the Plaza the most amazing thing to Princess A was her own reflection. Whenever she is upset her reflection still cheers her up like nothing else. It has been months since she realized the baby in the mirror is her so I am still amazed that she finds it so fascinating.

Yesterday, we were in the lobby of my building and Princess A looked like she was doing a push up. I thought that was odd but figured it would tire her out for her afternoon nap so I let her continue. Then she started kissing the floor repeatedly. I picked her up and realized you can see your reflection on the floor and she had been kissing her own reflection. Cute but GROSS!!!!!!!!!

Do any of you have vain babies? Any funny stories?

Here is a song by Carly Simon dedicated to all those vain babies out there!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “BABIES ARE SO VAIN”

1. Ann-K April 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM #

At first: Princess A looks amazing in the DvF Dress (:

And yes, I have a vain baby, too. Although, she gets upset when I call her my baby because she’s already 2 years old. She always says: “Nein, Lilli kein Baby, Lilli ist groß” (No, Lilli’s not a baby, Lilli is a big girl).
    She always takes my lipstick, comes to me and says: “Lilli darf Lippenstift”. Then I put on some lipstick… the next thing she says “Lilli Spiegel gucken”. I have to lift her up and show her the reflection and she purses her mouth.
    Same with her hair, she decides if she wants tails, a ponytail, or just hairclips, looks into the mirror and says: “Lilli chic”.
    I wonder how she will act once she’s a teenager. “No mom, I need half an hour more. You can’t use the bathroom.” Ugh… 😀

2. Melody April 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM #

I think when my daughter is looking through a mirror that she knows it’s her. If it’s any other surface, she seems confused. My mom used to have one of those electrical fireplaces and Amy would always go up to it and play with ” the little girl in the fireplace “. She does the kissing the floor thing as well.

• Shannon April 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM #

Good! Amelia is not the only one!

3. Jordan April 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM #

This is so true! Rayne does the same thing. She loves to kiss her reflection. But also she sometimes runs and rams into the mirror like she’s picking a fight with herself. I guess it’s a love/hate relationship.

4. Melissa April 26, 2012 at 6:21 PM #

I have to apologize, when I read this I laughed so hard that I had tears. All kids do something at least five times a day that will gross you out, but nothing is worse than strange behavior in a public place. My son did that kissing the floor thing at Wal Mart once. He also told the greeter that he had a penis in a very loud voice. All of this in one day. You’re handling this fine, but remember to laugh when she does these things. Yeah, a grown up kissing the floor would be disgusting, but she just can’t tell the difference between a mirror or a shiny surface.

• Shannon April 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM #