I HATE THE MORNING

I have never been a morning person. Since Princess A came along I have tried my best to adjust to waking up early but I just can’t seem to do it. No matter how much sleep I get I still wake up cranky and out of it. So I put on huge sunglasses and my leopard coat so I look somewhat glam. Then I put my hair in a braid and try to pull of the “I’m so glam I don’t have time to do my hair look”. Then we walk Freckles and take him to the bathroom. This takes a long time because he has to pee on everything. Once we get back to our building I have Princess A walk to the elevator and when we get to our floor I have her walk to our apartment. It doesn’t sound like a long walk but for her it is a marathon. I do this so she is tired and ready for a morning nap. People say she is old enough for only one nap a day but what about me? I NEED 2 NAPS A DAY!

Once she is sleeping I go back to bed. Right before she wakes up I am in a good enough mood to brush my teeth and get ready for the day. This is my method for dealing with my daughter waking up early. What do my fellow morning haters do to deal with an early bird baby?

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “I HATE THE MORNING”

1. Melody April 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM #

I feel your pain lol. I hate mornings. When my daughter gets up it usually takes her about 20 extra minutes to completely wake up so that gives me a little extra time to will myself out of bed.

• Shannon April 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM #

Ha I wish Amelia was like that she is like HELLO WORLD

2. Karen Dent April 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM #

I hate mornings too. Lucky for me Katie hated them as well, she slept 12-14 hours a night when she was 6 weeks old. She still does and still hates mornings. David on the other hand is a morning person, and for years he would get up all night too. Until he was 9 months he got up every hour all night long to eat. I remember sitting and crying while feeding him that all I wanted to do was sleep. When I would finally get him to sleep Katie would be ready to face the day. She also stopped napping at all when David was 6 weeks old, because she figured out that she got me to herself while he napped. That meant no naps for me.
    David still gets up very early in the morning. Lucky for me he is now old enough to get his own breakfast. I still have to get up to get them off to school though, and when you don’t go to bed until 2 am sometimes, that isn’t much fun.
    The worst for us is dance competition time. This past Saturday we were up at 5 am so I could do Katie’s hair and make up at 5:30 am. Two non morning people do not go well together at that time of day. David on the other hand jumps out of bed with a big smile…drives me nuts LOL!

• Shannon April 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM #

Wow Karen… that seems so hard. I can’t even imagine the mornings with 2 kids!

• Karen Dent April 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM #

Morning with two kids is difficult for the first little while, especially when they were only 19 months apart in age. As they got older it gets a lot easier. They can now pour a bowl of cereal, make toast and oatmeal. I think routine was the key. Once I got a good routine going it made it easier for all of us. I know Katie is not a morning person so I generally leave her alone as long as she is on task and getting ready. David is a morning person so I can talk and joke around with him. I have learned what makes our mornings run smoother, and I am a stickler for bed time routines. I learned that from the sleep specialist we had to take David to. The better the sleep habits the better the sleep you get.

3. Jordan April 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM #

I wish Rayne would take two naps! She hardly ever takes just one. I hate mornings, too. Rayne’s one of those kids who can stay up till midnight and wake up at 7am full of energy. I put her shows on a timer, so the tv turns on at 7am, so she wakes up and will sit on her princess couch and watch Little Einsteins for at least a half hour. That’s an extra half hour of rest for me! But, you know as well as I do a half hour isn’t enough. I can’t believe I was ever able to pull all-nighters on a regular basis! So, I can relate to this post, except I don’t look that glam so early in the morning.

• Shannon April 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM #

The TV is a good idea. Princess A takes 2 naps a day because I make her walk everywhere and we live in New York lol

• Jordan April 24, 2012 at 6:25 PM #

That’s a good idea. I try that with Rayne but she seems to have a never ending supply of energy! Yesterday we worked outside all day doing yard work, she didn’t stop to take one nap. Lucky you, it works with Princess A!

• Shannon April 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM #

Yes, but the older she gets the harder it is to tire her lol

4. Jess April 24, 2012 at 2:50 PM #

Oh man I wish I could get Warren to sleep longer. Lately he’s been sleeping in later which makes me jump for joy. I believe it’s because we’re outside all day playing now that it’s nice. But if he’s up at 7 or earlier *cringes* then we usually take a nap because I need one. I have horrible insomnia and just can’t sleep at night, I’m a night owl and I swear I’m allergic to the sun. I always sneeze when I go into it lol. There are times I do finally get so tired I crash in bed at the same time as Warren. I wish he would nap two times a day!!

• Shannon April 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM #

I am a night owl to but I have tried to adjust to princess A. As a newborn she didn’t nap and slept all night. Everyone thought I was lucky and I was it was just hard for me to go to bed early. Now that she is mobile she actually takes naps which is awesome.