OTHER PEOPLE’S POOP

This picture was taken when Princess A was about 2 months old. She had bad reflux and would cry for hours. Usually I walked her in the park and that would soothe her but this time that did not work. After many failed attempts I put her in her swing and she finally stopped crying. When she stopped crying Freckles started crying. Maybe he was frazzled from Princess A being so upset?

He crawled into Princess A’s bouncy seat and I put it on vibrate and guess what he stopped crying too. I know I am crazy for doing this but it got them both to calm down and I was able to get some peace and quiet! After that night the bouncy seat became Freckles’. He sat in it when I was feeding Princess A and sulked in it when she was crying and we weren’t able to pay attention to him. Once she became mobile Princess A never tried to get into the bouncy seat even though she had no problem crawling into his dog bed. Go Figure!

Yesterday, I had to take Freckles to the vet because he had explosive diarrhea. This happens to him a lot and he gets really dehydrated. We end up having to rush him to the animal hospital and every time they always say that he has a sensitive stomach and possibly irritable bowel syndrome and this is just bound to happen from time to time. Despite what the vets have said we still keep trying different dog foods but nothing seems to work.

Anyway, the point of this post is not to gross you out but to share a revelation. Before I had Freckles and Princess A I loved to talk for hours with my friends and acquaintances. We talked about their problems, my problems, and everyone else’s problems. Now I barely have time to talk to my closest friends because I am literally dealing with a lot of poop from my baby and dog. Lately, I have noticed when people I am talking to start to talk in a negative bulls***y way I just walk away or stop talking to them whereas pre baby and dog me would have listened or tried to change their mind.

I was wondering what caused this change and then I was like, “Duh, it’s because I am too busy dealing with my family’s actual s*** I don’t have time to deal with other people’s s***!”

Have any of you experienced a change in the level of other people’s bulls*** you can handle after you have had kids or gone through another life change?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to “OTHER PEOPLE’S POOP”

1. Angelia April 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM #

A life change, yes. After my mother and brother died, my bulls&^@ level decreased dramatically. It has since improved somewhat, except when it comes to holidays. I still don’t handle those really well.

• Shannon April 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM #

Ahmen. Holidays are the worst.

2. Nicole M. April 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM #

I got screwed around by a guy my first year in college. This girl was obsessed with him for some reason I couldn’t figure out. She wouldn’t drop it after we started going out. He’d still hang with her and text her. I have Asperger’s Syndrome which is a form of Autism that makes it hard for me to read people’s intentions among other things. I thought they were just good friends. Things got to the point where she started to threaten me. Both me and his mother said he should start ignoring her. Of course he wouldn’t. He told me he felt bad for her. I listened because I believed him. Turns out he was having sex with her because I wouldn’t. I’m saving my virginity. Guys have screwed me over before, but this was the last straw. Since then I have had very low tolerance for BS. I know I come off as short-tempered, but at least people don’t mess with me as much.

• Shannon April 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM #

I don’t think you are short tempered… u r just standing up for yourself.

3. Star April 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM #

Yes, I’m like you… I walk away, unless something negative or hurtful is said…
    I’m to busy to deal w/ their s***!

• Shannon April 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM #

Yeah, I don’t know why I wasted my time when I was younger.

4. Melissa April 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM #

Once I turned 40 my tolerance disappeared. Having Nick didn’t do it, but my life has become an extraordinarily delicate balancing act, my demanding job, my family and my desire to make my dreams come true has left little time for just ordinary conversation.

• Shannon April 20, 2012 at 9:03 PM #

Yeah, I am always in such a rush it’s just hi and bye now

5. Karen Dent April 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM #

First of all, I have dealt with more than my share of dog health issues. Have you tried getting a food that only has one protein source (preferably something he has never had before…for us it was duck and potato), and no grains? Kalie had an allergy to grains and all meat except duck and fish. We had to find a protein she had never had before, and stick only to that. Including treats etc…
    As for patience with other people’s crap, yes I have less patience than I ever had before. A couple of months before my wedding my dad was diagnosed with cancer. He was very sick when I had Katelyn and he died when he was 9 months old. I was learning how to be a mom and I was running back and forth to the hospital to see my dad who lived an hour away. Watching my dad’s life ending while Katie’s was beginning put a lot of stuff into perspective for me. I stopped letting little things bother me, and I found I had less patience for other people’s “little problems”. It made me feel bad because I know those problems seemed big to them, but at the same time I had so much going on in my life that those things were not important to me.

• Shannon April 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM #

We have tried the one protein source. But even with that he still has flare ups. Also, Amelia is always sneaking him food.
      Yes, I do feel mean now that I have less patience and time for “little problems” but I guess that’s life. I am sorry about your dad 🙁

• Karen Dent April 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM #

Yeah Katie used to sneak Kalie food all the time. It got easier when Katie and David were old enough to learn no food for Kalie. Although Kalie was a sneak and was good at stealing food. We all suffered when she did that! Poor Freckles hopefully his tummy feels better soon. You would think they would learn that eating certain things makes them feel bad, but Kalie was 12.5 yrs when she died and she was sneaking food right up until the day she died.

• Shannon April 21, 2012 at 7:29 AM #

You would think they would learn but they don’t. My vet says that when Amelia is old enough I should make he clean up after him when he gets sick and that should help her understand lol.

6. Melody April 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM #

I don’t know if I’ve necessarily gained/lost more patience in general or just towards curtain things and or people. I definitely have patience with my daughter. Mainly because I know she’s a toddler and doesn’t always know better when it comes to some things. I think right now I do have a little more empathy for other people’s situations, especially if they mirror my own.
    I wont bore anyone with too many details, because there are a lot ( and I’ve already yacked my poor mothers ear off enough about it), but right now I don’t really know how to feel, other than angry at my living situation at the moment. Which is another reason I have patience with my daughter. My fiance, Amy and I all live with his sister and her husband and they make it quite difficult to do what we need to do as parents and I know Amy is frustrated with it too, as much as a 20 month old can be lol. So, it’s a situation that I’m learning to deal with because I’m stuck here for the time being. Plus, I know there are people who have it worse than I do. I try not to complain too much about it because I understand that other people have things going on in their lives and they don’t need the extra stress and crap.

• Shannon April 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM #

I guess I have gained patience where my daughter is concerned but other people forget about it! That sucks about your living situation. I hope it gets better soon!

7. Missy April 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM #

I have less tolerance now especially with regards to my family and my music.I feel your pain I came home from my daughters softball game to
    doggy diarrhea from Muffin.