WTF

This picture describes my mood yesterday. I took this with my 2 youngest sisters with photobooth a couple of years back.

Yesterday I was at the grocery store without the rest of the family. Sometimes I like to do things on my own…crazy I know. I went to the cereal aisle and there was a woman putting tons of boxes of Rice Krispies into her cart. I thought she was going to have a Rice Crispy treat party.

I got one box of blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats and she turned to me and said, “You know that cereal has a blue dye in it that causes learning disabilities.”

And I said, “Oh so that’s why you are getting so many boxes of Rice Krispies?”

And she said, “No, my son wants to win a free xBox and to do that you have to play a game that involves buying a ton of Rice Krispy boxes.”

I really care about Princess A. I put sunscreen on her and give her lots of fruits and vegetables but sometimes I just want to scream when people talk to me about the things that may or may not cause problems. If I spent all my time worrying about everything that might hurt or kill me I would never have time to live. It’s stressful enough being a parent especially because the doctors and experts change what is good for us all the time. Juice was good for kids now it’s bad for kids. My mom was told to put me to sleep on my stomach and I was told to swaddle my daughter and put her to sleep on her back. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to say the least. SO, unless you know something to be 100% to be true be quiet and let me enjoy my blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats in peace!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “WTF”

1. The Husband April 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM #

I ate 2 bowls since yesterday and now I can’t read. I don’t even know what I just wrote.

Fish tank bananas,
    Aarfoi

2. Camilla (@Gamolie) April 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM #

You know, even if I see someone buying something I wouldn’t give my own kids, I cannot imagine calling them out on it. Particularly if I’m doing something as stupid as filling my cart with Rice Krispies in order to buy my kid a gaming system. *lol*

I figure everything in moderation (including moderation).

• Shannon April 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM #

LOL yes moderation needs to be in moderation too

3. Melody April 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM #

Blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats are awesome! I just ignore people when they try to tell me any crap about what’s good for you or your child or what’s not. I’m like, look lady/dude, I don’t have the time or patience to argue with you over a difference in opinion.

4. Jordan April 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM #

I completely agree with you. Everything you said, 100%. At first I was worried about everything like that too, because nowadays it’s kind of expected. But once my daughter was born, a different outlook just naturally came over me. I think about how I was raised and all the things I was able to do and eat/drink, and the lack of hand sanitizer that was used, and I’m completely fine. I’m not obese, I don’t have a learning disability, and in all my years of not using hand sanitizer whenever I touch anything or anyone, I haven’t fallen ill with any crazy disease. And on another note: She’s worried about Blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats corrupting her son’s learning abilities, but she’s cool with over consuming so her son can play video games? You’d think a person would be more worried about the effect of the very common video game obsession and their effects on learning abilities, before cereal.

• Shannon April 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM #

I agree and the hand sanitizing obsession is crazy. I see parent sanitize swings at the playground before they let their kids in them.

• Jordan April 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM #

That’s insane! If you overly protect your kids from all kinds of germs, their immune system wont get used to them, then everything will make them sick. I haven’t used hand sanitizer once with Rayne. I probably should sometimes, but I haven’t. She plays in mud, eats dirt, etc. But she’s hardly ever sick. But I guess some people prefer to do it because it makes them feel “in control”.

• Shannon April 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM #

Maybe you’re right and they want control. I don’t do it because honestly I don’t have the time and I never once saw or used hand sanitizer as a child and I turned out fine.

• Jordan April 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM #

Realistically, if you’re that crazy about germs with a toddler, you’re gonna have to be following them around and watching them like a hawk. You’d run out of hand sanitizer very quickly. I don’t think I even knew it existed until I was a pre-teen! Strange how things have changed.

5. Karen Dent April 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM #

I love the judgemental parents. A woman who is trying to win her child a gaming system, which will involve him sitting inside in front of the t.v. playing who knows what games, is judging someone else because they are buying blueberry mini wheats.
    It must me nice for these people to have so much spare time that they can spend it judging other people and their parenting. I don’t have that kind of free time, and if I did, I would not spend it lecturing people in the cereal aisle of the grocery store.

• Shannon April 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM #

LOL… i do not have the time either. I was rushing to get my mini wheats so I could be home before my husband had to go to work.