A WISE WOMAN ONCE SAID

Don’t tell your kids you had an easy birth or they won’t respect you. For years I used to say to my daughter, “Melissa you ripped me to shreds. Now go back to sleep.”

~Joan Rivers

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “A WISE WOMAN ONCE SAID”

1. Star April 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM #

I remind my oldest often, of the insanely LONG labor I had w/ him & that 30 hours alone, were AFTER my water broke, resulting in a painful dry birth…
    With Ian, I’ll just tell him he was my mid life crisis baby, so that when he graduates from HS, we’ll probably look like his grandparents… Esp. since I’ll be *59* (whispers quietly)…

• Shannon April 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM #

LOL… my labor was drama free but it lasted forever!!!!!!!

2. Jordan April 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM #

I haven’t used this yet, but I think it often. Especially since Rayne is so sassy and doesn’t like to show me much affection. :/ My labor was scary! The doctors kept telling me she wasn’t moving and her heart rate was too high. They thought she was sick, and my labor was progressing slowly at first so they told me I wasn’t in labor (come to find out the belt that measures contractions was unplugged, so they thought I was faking it or delusional). Then after I actually did have her, they told me the umbilical cord was around her neck twice! Talk about stressful. Luckily she was completely healthy. But that was a lot to go through, I think I deserve a little affection for it.

• Shannon April 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM #

You do! And nurses and docs can be such idiots sometimes! I can’t believe the belt wasn’t plugged in.

3. Jordan April 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM #

Oh, and so was the bed. So whenever I pushed the button to call the nurse, they never came in! I thought they were ignoring me. As you can imagine I was not in the best mood, on top of terrible contractions, a fever, and being incredibly afraid for my baby. They ended up drugging me up with something to help me relax, it didn’t take away the pain, but it made me so out of it I couldn’t really care. I think they did it just to make sure I wasn’t coherent enough to get an attitude with them. haha But I do remember yelling at a nurse to either answer her phone or shut it off because it was going off while I was resting. So I guess it didn’t work as well as they hoped. But that’s pretty common, especially with first time moms. A lot of them treat you like you don’t know anything. In the end we’re usually always right. At least I can laugh about it now!

• Shannon April 20, 2012 at 7:14 AM #

Yeah, I had a lot of issues with my hospital as well.