ANGEL VS. DEVIL

Ever since Princess A learned to walk I have felt like I am living with 2 different babies. The one above is angelic and needs her mommy so she would never refuse to hold my hand and run away.

The other baby is mischievous and wants nothing to do with mommy. When it’s time to go outside she runs to her room and when it’s time to stay inside she points to the stroller and throws a fit.

I never know which baby I am going to get so I always need to be prepared for both scenarios. I bring the stroller on our walks around the block just in case but usually she walks while holding my hand and Freckles jumps in stroller. I look very ridiculous but at least the stroller is not going to waste!

Tags: , , , ,

16 Responses to “ANGEL VS. DEVIL”

1. Star April 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM #

LOL… I’m sure Freckles enjoys getting off his paws & riding in luxury…
    I’m dealing w/ the separation anxiety… Grrr…
    He’ll cry, even if I’m in the kitchen & he can see me.
    It’s frustrating, b/c I never had that w/ my oldest.
    I’m hoping it doesn’t last long…
    I’m dreading the walking stage… He’ll be into everything, I know…

• Shannon April 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM #

Princess A had separation anxiety and now she mostly has being with her parents anxiety lol. Separation anxiety is really annoying though it’s a lot of pressure to be needed by someone that much!

2. Jordan April 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM #

That’s exactly how it started with Rayne! I hope for your sake she isn’t as bad as Rayne is, though. I’m one of those moms who’ve been cursed with a daughter just like me. Once she was able to walk, a new little girl came out to play. She’s SO independent. She has to do everything on her own now. She doesn’t even like me to walk beside her, she pushes me ahead of her so she feels like I’m not helping her in the least bit. 🙁 Part of me is proud that I have such a tough, head strong girl, but it’s not easy when your 20 month old never seems to need her mommy. Sounds like you’ve got an independent girl on your hands, too!

• Shannon April 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM #

Princess A sounds a lot like Rayne. Princess A is obsessed with buckling her own safety harness on her stroller. She can’t do it herself so when I help her she gets so mad but I don’t want her to fall out of her stroller!

• Jordan April 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM #

That does sound like Rayne! Except I can’t even get her into a stroller anymore. She knows how to wiggle out and stand up in it. That’s another thing…she has no fear! I’m sure Princess A will be getting more daring by the day. It’s scary.

• Shannon April 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM #

She already has no fear pretty much. The first time we had swim class she dunked her head in the water and I had to pull her up. She loves being under water but doesn’t realize yet that you need to come up for air

• Jordan April 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM #

That’s just like Rayne! When I first took her swimming in a pool, I held on to her at first, then she pushed me away and tried to swim on her own! She even got out of the pool then tried to jump back in! Which was very scary for me since I’m not a swimmer. Sounds like we’ve both got our hands full with these fearless girls.

• Shannon April 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM #

Yes we definitely have our hands full!

3. Melissa April 16, 2012 at 9:15 PM #

This is practice for the tween years. Trust me, you’ll need all your “angel” pictures to remind you that she’s really a wonderful little person!

• Shannon April 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM #

LOL Melissa

• Star April 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM #

See, that’s the scary part… I have a tween & he’s been pretty much a poster child for “How did I get so lucky?”… He’s been your his entire life… Not to say, he doesn’t have a bad day or two, but its very, very rare!
      So I know Ian is going to be opposite, he already is.

• Shannon April 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM #

Well when I talk to most moms with 2 kids they always say they are night and day so at least you are not alone on this one.

• Star April 17, 2012 at 3:43 AM #

That’s very true.

4. Mandy April 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM #

You’re a smart woman to take the stroller just in case… even if Freckles is the one that wants to be the king on his throne. I’ve had a few times where Lily is throwing a fit because she wants to be carried up a hill on our way home from the park. And yes… having 2 kids = night and day children.

• Star April 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM #

LOL… I thought I might luck out, seeing as though they’re 11 1/2 yrs. apart… but, no…
      And, ones a Taurus, born in May (the oldest), the baby is a Scorpio, born in Nov. both stubborn & tempered signs…
      Then, you have me, an Aquarius… So yeah… Crazy attitudes all around… LOL

5. Melody April 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM #

Lol. I have to make sure I always, well almost always, have shoes on my daughter before we go anywhere. Sometimes my fiance and I forget to put the stroller back in the van when we’ve needed to take it out. So, if we don’t have shoes on her and it’s a day we don’t have the stroller and she wants to walk, we’re in trouble.