Dear Freckles,

It has almost been a year since your world was rocked and you went from being the only child to the big brother.When I was pregnant my biggest fear was that you would not get along with my baby. Now I realize how foolish that was. Princess A’s year was filled with challenges but your relationship with her was nothing but smooth sailing from the start.

Thank you for comforting me when I went into labor.

Thank you for not attacking her when she came home from the hospital.

Thank you for groaning when she woke us all up early in the morning… that cracked us up.

Thank you for cuddling with me when I was feeding Princess A.

Thank you for walking with me and Princess A when she had her 6 hour crying marathons.

Thank you for liking her toes and making her laugh.

Thank you for always knowing how to make Princess A stop crying.

Thank you for cleaning up her mealtime messes.

Thank you for being so protective of her.

Thank you for letting her steal your favorite bone, cage, and teddy bear.

Thank you for knowing when she has a fever.

Thank you for always knowing when I need a cuddle.

Thanks for not biting our baby and ignoring her when she bites you.

Thank you for not getting mad at us when we forgot to feed you or walk you.

Thank you for making our house a home.

I have always loved dogs but after the past year I really believe a family is not a family without a pet. I am so happy that Freckles chose us as his family because this year would have been so much more difficult without him.

We Love you Freckles!

Shannon, Aaron, and Princess A

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “THANK YOU FRECKLES”

1. Jolijn March 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM #

Ahww that´s so cute!

2. Nadine March 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM #

Oh, Shannon. Exactly the same – or at least similar – things I’ve experienced with Lisa and Jaden too. 🙂

3. luvkiss1973 March 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM #

OK really???? I have been crying tears so much and now to read this, it makes me cry a bit more. I’m so glad that things have worked out for you and your family. The first year with baby is always hard. Keep up the great work Freckles. Keep making mommy, daddy and Princess A happy.

• shannonsutherland March 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM #

Sorry to make you cry but I have been feeling nostalgic lately

• luvkiss1973 March 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM #

its ok, they say crying is good for the soul or something like that, this was beautiful btw so keep up the great work hun

4. Karen Dent March 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM #

That is so sweet! My Kalie was the same way for us. I had all the same worries and she laid them all to rest the day I brought Katelyn home from the hospital, and yet again when I brought David home 19 months later! I agree a home is not a home without a dog. That is why we are in the process of getting a new puppy. Our new fur baby is due to be born sometime in March and we will get him or her in May/June! I can’t wait. My house is empty without the clicking of 4 little feet.

• shannonsutherland March 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM #

I love the clicking of 4 feet…. congrats on your new family member! MArch babies are the best!

5. Maris March 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM #

This nearly made me cry! Thank you for this wonderful blog!

I love dogs, and I regret that I am not able to have one, but I am hardly at home, so its the best decision.

Reading your blogs about Freckles makes me love dogs even more.

Thank you.

• shannonsutherland March 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM #

Awwwww Maris. It sucks not having a dig but if you aren’t in the right place it is better to wait. I wanted a dog for 5 years before I had the time and money for a dog and now I am happy I waited because I have Freckles!!!!!

6. Mandy March 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM #

You’re making me miss my 2 fur-babies. When we moved overseas my aunt adopted them temporarily. Dog’s are amazing animals. Freckles seems to be very loving, protective and have a sixth sense about his little person.