SUPPORT MARCELINA!

Agyness Deyn is one of my favorite models right now. She doesn’t look weirdly thin and she has a very unique style. Here showing us that we can be glam even with a shaven head.

The reason I am posting this is because a brave ten-year old named Marcelina is shaving her head to get donations at an event at St.Baldrik’s on March 25th in Syracuse, New York. The money will go to fund children’s cancer research.

If you know much about me or my friends you know that our dear friend Spencer Bell died of cancer way before his time. It was heartbreaking and I am still not over it.

When I was around 10 my next door neighbor died of leukemia . So cancer… especially cancer effecting young people has made a permenate dent on my heart. So when I got an email from Marcelina’s mom’s friend Camilla I had to donate and share this on my blog. If you would like to donate as well CLICK HERE

Good Luck Marcelina and have a feeling you will rock the shaven head look!

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “SUPPORT MARCELINA!”

1. Sally March 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM #

Amazing how kids make all the difference. Thanks for bringing this to light Shannon!

2. Nadine March 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM #

It is really sad. Unfortunately, we hear too often that growing number of young people fall ill with cancer. I hope there will soon be a remedy for cancer. 🙁

3. Jodie Boudreaux March 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM #

Are you going to SBL this year? I am! I would love to meet you!

• shannonsutherland March 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM #

I am trying to… I want to go so bad but I have a family member with a birthday in May so I am trying to coordinate!

• Jodie Boudreaux March 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM #

My friend and I are going. We have been planning this since last SBL!! Hope to see you there! Would be nice to give you a hug!

4. Amélie March 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM #

It’s amazing to see that young children can do. She’s an amazing girl!!
    I hope we will be able to find a remedy soon.

5. loretta March 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM #

St. Baldrick’s is huuuuuuge out here in Vegas, A bunch of us Cirque du Soleil employees participate, and then on top of the shaving we do a huge couture fashion show/art auction/ circus performance benefit!

• shannonsutherland March 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM #

Cool Loretta. I did not know that. This is the first time I have heard of St. Baldrick’s!

6. Camilla (@Gamolie) March 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM #

Thank you so much for sharing this! And thank you to everyone for their support, she really is an amazing girl in many ways. 🙂

7. Heather March 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM #

I am Marcelina’s mom and I am sitting here in tears.Thank you so much for donating and cheering my tenderhearted girl on. This means so much to us both.

8. Andie March 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM #

I lost my dad to cancer in ’95, my uncle in ’08, a family friend in 2010 and now 2 of my aunts and 2 of my uncles are battling cancer. It’s always devastating but it’s especially heartbreaking for a child to suffer like that. While I don’t have the funds to make a donation, I always keep these brave little ones in my heart and I pray that one day, there will be a cure.

• shannonsutherland March 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM #

Thoughts are good too!!!!!!!! Thanks Andie!

• Heather March 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM #

I am so sorry for your loss’s, your thoughts and prays are very important and needed! Thank you.

9. Mandy March 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM #

Heather, it appears that you are raising an amazing daughter. Best of luck, cause cancer sucks! As a pediatric nurse who has seen too many young people leave this earth, this is something dear to my heart. Lots of thoughts and prayers to Marcelina during this journey.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. MARCELINA IS A HERO! | PoopPeePuke – Staying Glamorous Despite the Mess - April 17, 2012

[…] I blogged about ten-year old Marcelina shaving her head for donations for St. Baldriks’s. Which is a charity that funds […]