MY TWO MONSTERS

The Husband Aaron and I nicknamed Freckles “The Monster” when he was a puppy. Now we call Princess A a monster too. Here she is doing her happy food dance where she holds her feet and kicks her leg up and down if she has had a good meal.Then Freckles comes over to help clean up the food under her legs.Then Freckles goes to work on eating the food on the floor. I need the extra help with cleaning up because I am very busy cleaning up the other messes these two monsters make!

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS EXTREMELY GROSS

Like tonight, Princess A ate everything in site. After dinner her belly was so big and bloated she looked like a snake that had just eaten a mouse. I was thinking how lucky I have been that Princess A hasn’t pooped in the tub in over a month. Then I put her in her baby bathtub and she farted and we both laughed. Then I looked down and realized it wasn’t just a fart but the biggest poop ever. Let’s just say I could see everything she had eaten in the past couple of days.

So learning from previous bathtub poop mishaps, I took the poop out of the tub and put it in the toilet. Then I put Princess A in the big tub while I cleaned the baby tub. Then I stuck her under the shower, filled the baby tub back up and gave her another much needed bath. Now where did I go wrong you might ask?

I was in such a rush to get Princess A clean I forgot to flush the toilet so when I turned around Freckles had his head in the toilet and was feasting on Princess A’s bathtub poop. WHY FRECKLES WHY? WHY ARE YOU OBSESSED WITH EATING POOP?

His face was covered in poop and the last thing I wanted was for him to run around and get poop all over the apartment so I got desperate and emptied the baby tub, put both Freckles and Princess A in the big tub, and turned on the shower,  gave them a shower together and they actually really enjoyed it. It was like a monster party.

After I showered the monsters I put Princess A to bed and almost got grossed out and annoyed with the whole incident but then I thought… at least I didn’t have to deal with any pee or puke!

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to “MY TWO MONSTERS”

1. Karen Dent March 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM #

Sorry I am sitting here laughing! I can just imagine the scene, and at the same time thank God that my kids never pooped in the bathtub. Now my son did poop on my husband once. I laughed then too and thanked God it wasn’t me!

2. Maris March 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM #

Oh that made me laugh so hard!! I feel sorry for you and the shitty mess, but it’s kinda hilarious too.

If you need some puke stories, i’m willing to help 😉 I got a little 8yr old ‘exorcist’ at work.

• shannonsutherland March 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM #

LOL excorsist is right. Princess A puked on daddy today so I guess I shouldn’t have said anything about no puke lol

• Maris March 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM #

You jinxed it!
        Poor Aaron, but you can be lucky it wasn’t you this time 😉

3. Nicky Brown March 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM #

Sorry but that is just so funny!! My 2 both pooped in the bath when they were that age I distinctly remember chasing the poop round the tub trying to scoop it out.. Thankfully they are well past that stage now though we still get plenty of puke (especially in the car!!)

4. scoobylady March 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM #

I can’t help but laugh, sorry Shannon! But I’m glad I never went through this with my younger siblings and nephews, but if it makes you feel better I did get peed on by my younger sister (I don’t remember which sister it was) when she was a baby and I was getting her ready for her bath. Lol, I love to tease her about it though and she blushes everytime when I remind her, especially when she complained about changing my little brother when he was a baby and my nephews 🙂

5. Jamie Anderson March 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM #

OMG. LMAF. That is hilarious. I can’ t remember anything like that from when my kids were little. But then maybe I have blocked it out. Moms are good at that. It’s a survival technique.

• shannonsutherland March 1, 2012 at 6:02 PM #

I will probably try to block it out… that’s why I write this blog!

6. Megan D (@md2994) March 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM #

This was just too funny. Your Little Monsters are going to be a crazy tag team as they grow older. I hope you continue to share these stories for many years to come.

7. hobee1971 March 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM #

When I read this at work today, I laughed so hard that I was ordered to share the joke. They’re not really laughing now. When my son was small, we didn’t have an indoor dog (thank goodness), but knowing the dog we have now, he would have been right there doing the same thing. Bless you honey! FYI..there is a product that you put in the dog’s food to make their own poop taste bad (really…it’s poop this shouldn’t be necessary), but I don’t have an answer for Freckles eating the other poop.

8. Mandy March 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM #

I woke up this morning, started checking blogs and BAM, I’m laughing at 7:30am. Then karma, the evil bitch, bit me in the ass… not 30 minutes later I’m having to clean up the baby, myself and the couch (a wonderful rental from the government that we will probably have to pay for) from a diaper explosion… 100% positive there was such force that more landed outside the diaper than in. Gonna have to find a different way to start my day

9. Andie March 1, 2012 at 8:51 PM #

Luckily I’ve never had to deal with any poop floating in the bathtub while taking care of my nieces and nephews (I don’t have any kiddos of my own yet) but I have had to clean up many poop/pee/puke messes so I know how you feel, lol.

10. bwatz619tany March 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM #

LOL! I understand you had more important things to worry about, but I would have LOVED a baby/puppy shower picture lol

• shannonsutherland March 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM #

Yes… I regret this now but I was too busy making sure the situation didn’t get worse!