NO BANGS FOR ME

I don’t know when this picture was taken but it is a good reminder that I do not look good in bangs. When I was a kid I always wanted to look like Kelly from “Saved by the Bell” so every couple of years I try out straightening my hair and giving myself bangs. This is a good reminder that I shouldn’t do it. Anyway, I prefer my hair the way it is naturally… curly and frizzy!

Tags: , ,

21 Responses to “NO BANGS FOR ME”

1. pj sumner February 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM #

Very nice photo of you two.

2. Jeni February 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM #

OMG me too! I experimented with bangs off and on, they always look so cool except on my frizzy curly head! Now I’m proud to just wear my hair all natural no bangs!

3. Sharise February 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM #

Hey I always heard call em fringe. Bang is something you do!

• shannonsutherland February 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM #

never heard of calling them fringe… learn something new every day

4. engineer_nerd (@engineer_nerd) February 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM #

no bangs either, my photo shows my no bangs look!

5. Ann-K February 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM #

You definitely look much, much better with your frizzy hair and without bangs!

6. luvkiss1973 February 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM #

Yes no bangs for u and none for me either, omg i loook horrific in them, none of my kids really can rock that bang look. My hiar is same length all the way around lol. Thank god for pony tail holders. But u do look you and adorable as always. And you have a beautiful smile hunny.

7. monkeyjunkiegirl February 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM #

I think you look very Molly Ringwald here and it’s not as bad as you think with them. I HAVE to have them otherwise I feel I look old, which is no good! Cute picture though! I may have the unpopular opinion, but I like them a lot!

• shannonsutherland February 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM #

The main reason I don’t like the bangs is because it takes me forever to style my hair with bangs! I have really curly hair so it involves a lot if time… which I don’t have anymore!

8. Mary Cate Longo February 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM #

I don’t think you look THAT bad. 🙂 But I agree, natural is always best. My dilemma right now is whether or not I should get my hair cut short. Some days I love my hair the length that it is (almost to my shoulders). And then there are other days when I can’t stand it. It’s so thick and hard to manage and the longer it gets, the worse it gets. What to do…what to do…..Hmmmm

• monkeyjunkiegirl February 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM #

you would look cute with a shorter cut, with something you could do messy. My hair is to my waist and I ended up cutting bangs so I don’t do something extreme. I was even going to do a sidecut like Cara, but I’m not feminine enough in that way to pull something off. Go for it! A “pixie” cut would look cute!

• Mary Cate Longo February 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM #

A pixie cut is exactly what I was thinking. Something easy to handle that still looks great. I’m not one to fuss. I don’t have the patience or time for it. And it’s time that I make a change. I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 8 years so a new hair style would definitely give my self-esteem a little boost.

• monkeyjunkiegirl February 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM #

changing looks signifies “newness” and “change” and a new start! it would be a positive thing to “cut off those ties” by cutting off hair. People in old times (history of the day by lara j) would cut off their hair when they mourned a loss. It will feel refreshing and I HATE having long hair but I’d look like a dude without it, so I don’t cut. Then I’m unhappy with the bangs, so I try to grow them out, then feel like I don’t like them so I cut them. never-ending cycle for me. I didn’t know all that was going on with you. POOP! sometimes people stink!

• Mary Cate Longo February 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM #

POOP is right! I’m actually the one who initiated the break up after I found out that he was lying to me about some pretty important stuff. It was a pretty ugly scene. I’m still trying to come to terms with it. So you’re right, getting my hair cut off would be both symbolic and therapeutic, especially since he liked my hair long and kept telling me not to cut it. Cutting your hair as a sign of mourning is also part of traditional Native American beliefs. A friend of mine who is traditional and had hair down to his waist that he always wore in braids, lost his father earlier this year and he cut all his hair off as a sign of mourning and respect. I nearly died the first time I saw him. I’d never seen him with short hair. 🙂

• monkeyjunkiegirl February 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM #

YES I am 1/8 American Indian so maybe that’s where I got it, although it goes back to blblical times as well. Good for you! I’m glad you took initiative and ended things! You certainly don’t need someone who lies to you as a partner!!! I would love to see a picture! 🙂

• shannonsutherland February 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM #

CUT YOUR HAIR! I cute my hair after a life change and it made me really happy!

• Mary Cate Longo February 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM #

Ok, I think you’ve convinced me. As soon as I get it cut, I’ll send you a picture.

• shannonsutherland February 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM #

I am excited to see pics!

• Mary Cate Longo February 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM #

🙂

• Jenni February 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM #

GO for it! I have super short hair, and I love it. I’ve got a 3 year old and a 10 month old, so I need something super easy. Its low maintenance, and still stylish, so I feel glam. When its long, I just pull it back in a ponytail everyday, and never fix it. Have fun!!!

• monkeyjunkiegirl February 11, 2012 at 3:32 AM #

I am going to be excited too!